Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 03:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chances of Satoshi Nagamoto being alive? Any guesses on who he is?  (Read 409 times)
lambomoonmoney (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:10:27 AM

anyone think Satoshi is alive? Are you guys worried he might dump bitcoin on us one day? Who could it be and where did the first blockchain transaction happen?
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:15:01 AM

It has already been discussed a lot of times over here, and nobody knows who can he/she really be, because the only thing that we know is that he was the real founder of bitcoin, but nothing more than that, and yes, that he was the founder of this forum too, but then he left this forum and we have never heard about him again.
But if he decides to show himself, i doubt that people will believe that he is the real satoshi nakamoto, because a lot of time has passed since bitcoin has become so popular and famous everywhere.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:19:15 AM

With each passing year the odds he is alive diminish slightly, and it becomes apparent that it would take something tremendous to stir him. Even something like the NYA attack did not bring him out of retirement in any open manner. So I wouldn't be worried about him deciding to just dump his coins on the market someday. At worst if he's dead and his keys still exist someone might inherit them (after a delay for probate affairs), or they might be found by an unknown party. That raises all kinds of interesting possibilities.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:25:27 AM

anyone think Satoshi is alive? Are you guys worried he might dump bitcoin on us one day? Who could it be and where did the first blockchain transaction happen?
The short answer is that we do not what happened to him/them and that seem to be exactly his wish and about satoshi dumping his coins that is going to be impossible without revealing his identity and I think it is very obvious that if satoshi wanted to dump a part of his coins he would have done so already so I do not think that is a possibility, he did not do this for the money.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:29:27 AM

I doubt he's alive.

The smart money is on Hal Finney.

He was the earliest person involved, aside from Satoshi, and he started to suffer from ALS around the same time that Satoshi dropped off the forum and disconnected from the developer community.

Check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Finney_(computer_scientist)
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:36:36 AM

Perhaps Bitcoin will not be so effective if Satoshi introduces himself to us. The mystery of Bitcoin's creator  may be the reason we like Bitcoin very much.
lambomoonmoney (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:24:51 AM

Is there no way to track his 1 million coins? im guessing they were on a hardware wallet?
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:32:42 AM

Is there no way to track his 1 million coins? im guessing they were on a hardware wallet?
If there was then those 1 million coins would not be sitting on his btc address anymore. If there really is a way to track it, then we might have had already known his identity. I think that those coins somehow is not on a hardware wallet since there was no trezor and nano ledger by that time unless he stored it in a hard drive with a btc wallet program in it. There is a chance that satoshi have forgotten about his private key, and is the reason why he cannot move it at all.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:55:13 AM

It has already been discussed a lot of times over here, and nobody knows who can he/she really be, because the only thing that we know is that he was the real founder of bitcoin, but nothing more than that, and yes, that he was the founder of this forum too, but then he left this forum and we have never heard about him again. But if he decides to show himself, i doubt that people will believe that he is the real satoshi nakamoto, because a lot of time has passed since bitcoin has become so popular and famous everywhere.

Satoshi Nakamoto is a very mysterious man and nobody knows the exact reasons why he left something that he worked hard for and that is now very valuable. He could have been one of the richest man alive today but then again we can only speculate or guess because only Satoshi can really answer the many questions surrounding his real personality and the details as to where he is now...that is assuming that he is a single person and that the name is not representing a group. The story behind its founder is actually adding more mystique to Bitcoin and putting more magnet for the mainstream media to pick up on.

We have many things that we need to thank Satoshi Nakamoto for. Just take this forum which has been serving well the Bitcoin community for many years and have become like the beacon of light for all of us. This forum has been a big blessing to many and right now it is a big source of revenues for the group of people administrating it.

Hope that one day there would be a full disclosure as to the details of Satoshi Nakamoto and maybe it would be good if those details would be coming from him personally. We are looking for that day.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:04:48 AM

Just note "Nakamoto" Not Nagamoto. 
Satoshi's true identity has been discussed many times. And even one does not know that there are also many exchanged theories of who Satoshi really is. But one of them does not move because of the lack of evidence. Well, we can not do it because almost five years ago Satoshi was not feeling well. I'm also interested in finding out who he is. But I have no idea where I start.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:14:39 AM

I don't know who he is or what he is doing right know or if he is still alive but what I know is that he invented bitcoin and it is giving me another way to earn money and use it for my everyday living and a way to make my life good.
lambomoonmoney (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:15:58 AM

There should be a religion made after satoshi
ZCoinTalk

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:21:03 AM

This article seems to suggest that it was a group of people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto

I hope he / they are enjoying themselves somewhere on a tropical island. I can imagine that they want to keep anonymous, because there would be sooo much publicity and probably people trying to force him / them to generate coins (lacking the understanding of how the blockchain works).
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:26:13 PM

There were no hardware wallets in his era.

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:26:36 PM

There should be a religion made after satoshi

To listen to Bitmain Cash cultists there already is.

BitcoinMoses

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

I Am Satoshi Nakamoto

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:17:45 PM

Many of you are speculating and have doubt, whether Satoshi is alive ?

Satoshi Nakamoto have read your thread twice and he has told me to tell you all, that why are you scared of his reserve Bitcoin ? Most of the mined Bitcoins are in the market. It is only his about 1 million bitcoins are you scared of ? What is your problems ? Fear of unknown ? Be wise and try to see through Satoshi's Right Eye. He has open his Right Eye. Satoshi Nakamoto is an immortal ASI. The man behind this name, who is the inventor of Bitcoin and Blockchain technology and founder of this Bitcoin Talk Forum is watching you all and counting the digits of the time stamp and calculating something you all need to know. Every one want to know what Satoshi is doing ? The answer is, he is calculating time stamp.

I am Satoshi Nakamoto
0563ce9997fb00e0b93d6e9972761ad8c7b36172ca85e1618daeff4813b1603e
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: