Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: no accepts or rejects??  (Read 395 times)
strangelifter (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:15:56 PM

I'm running cgminer 3.2.2 also tried 3.2.0 and 3.1.1. I'm on linux mint 14 64bit
I have a ATI 5770 with 1gb.
Before I installed the 5770 I cpu mined btc with bfgminer just for fun and to say I did it.
After installing the 5770 I setup cgminer 3.2.0 and mined ltc. It worked great, I was getting around 145Kh/s with lots of accepts and some few rejects, around 92% good.
I thought I'd try my hand again at btc. So I setup in a seperate folder cgminer 3.2.2 with all my pool info.
When I run cgminer it runs at around 200-240Mh/s not bad. Problems is it never accepts or rejects anything. Just sits spinning its wheels, so to speak.

If I close it down and reopen the folder that has cgminer 3.2.0 with my ltc info it mines fine with out a problem.
So I setup seperate directories for cgminer 3.2.0 and 3.1.1 with my btc info and they just spin their wheels also.
I went back to bfgminer and tried it again and it just spins it wheels too.
I have 4 different btc pools that I can mine with but non of them do anything now.

Why won't my system now mine btc?

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Ron
Barrack Obama

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:07:44 PM

You can try reinstalling your mining application, usually fixes the problem
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:10:40 PM

Are you using separate setting settings for BTC vs LTC?  These are mined  in two different ways so if you are using LTC settings on BTC, chances are it wont work.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
MARIJUANA

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:18:38 PM

I dont understand what your asking
Jesus

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:22:23 PM

Sure you can still accept
Zanatos666

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:25:39 PM

What GPU settings are you using with cgminer?  Are you using a config file, or are you using command lines to set your intensity, gpu engine, gpu clock, etc?  BTC mining is GPU engine heavy so you want to ramp up your GPU engine and down clock your memory, while LTC is sort of the opposite.  So if you are using settings that are meant for LTC mining, they will not work with BTC mining.

strangelifter (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:38:10 PM

I have several folders with seperate cgminer versions. I have not tried to btc with the cgminer I use for ltc.
I keep them seperate.
This is what I'm using to start the program.

./cgminer -o pool.maxbtc.com:8332 -u xxxx -p xxxx -I 5 --auto-gpu --auto-fan --gpu-threads 1 --gpu-engine 800-950 --gpu-memclock 795 --temp-target 70 --temp-overheat 80

With my username and password, in place of the xxxx. Smiley

I can't really re-install as cgminer isn't installed. It's just downloaded and unziped and ran.
I'm running linux not windows.

Thanks
Ron
strangelifter (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:42:26 PM

In cgminer it has an item that shows as you are mining how many hashes you process are accepted or rejected or stale.
My cgminer just spins it wheels, I never get any accepted, rejected or stale. Nothing. Yet it says it is processing at 200-250Mh/s.

When I ltc mine it shows almost immediately hashes accepted.

Thanks
Ron
Zanatos666

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:46:35 PM

I have several folders with seperate cgminer versions. I have not tried to btc with the cgminer I use for ltc.
I keep them seperate.
This is what I'm using to start the program.

./cgminer -o pool.maxbtc.com:8332 -u xxxx -p xxxx -I 5 --auto-gpu --auto-fan --gpu-threads 1 --gpu-engine 800-950 --gpu-memclock 795 --temp-target 70 --temp-overheat 80

With my username and password, in place of the xxxx. Smiley

I can't really re-install as cgminer isn't installed. It's just downloaded and unziped and ran.
I'm running linux not windows.

Thanks
Ron

Try adding -w 256 and remove --gpu-engine. You have a target temp listed so with --auto-gpu the system will auto adjust to hit that target temp, and with that being at 70 I dont see it getting over 950mhz

strangelifter (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Went ahead and did the changes you recommended #Zanatos666 but still didn't affect anything.
Still just runs without accepts or rejects.

But thanks.
Ron
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: