Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:06:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to accept bitcoins in my restaurant?  (Read 1596 times)
huytungvn

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:03:33 AM

amazing ide. Use more and more bitcoin..  Grin
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:04:43 AM

Hi all. What would be the easiest way to start accepting Bitcoins as a form of payment in my restaurant?

Regards,
Barry

What country are you located in there might be a way
There are new developments in Canada and an API coming for retailers
Looked through other posts not sure of Australia's developments but worth noting

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:26:25 AM

We have a few bars accepting btc.
They all use those qr code generetors, you copy it with your phone and after 1 confirmation are on your way.

Edit: I know 1 confirmation is not much, but they just trust their customers same as with cc chargebacks.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:20:02 PM

The problem that even zero confirmations transaction may take time before it appeared in the chain. There always will be awkward timeout which have to be politely filled somehow.  I see the following scenario:

- client asks for the bill
- waiter brings tablet to the table on the nice stand and leaves
- tablet got open screen with all the bill details and QR code, it automatically refreshes waiting for payment
- client may take her time to learn the bill and do payment scanning QR or whatever else on his own device
- when payment acknowledged (0 or more confirmations) tablet screen got changed to whatever else signaling that client is free to leave
- waiter or cashier may peek from distance that payment cleared

Similar to this I think.

https://vimeo.com/67461331
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:40:05 AM

The problem that even zero confirmations transaction may take time before it appeared in the chain. There always will be awkward timeout which have to be politely filled somehow.  I see the following scenario:

- client asks for the bill
- waiter brings tablet to the table on the nice stand and leaves
- tablet got open screen with all the bill details and QR code, it automatically refreshes waiting for payment
- client may take her time to learn the bill and do payment scanning QR or whatever else on his own device
- when payment acknowledged (0 or more confirmations) tablet screen got changed to whatever else signaling that client is free to leave
- waiter or cashier may peek from distance that payment cleared

Similar to this I think.

https://vimeo.com/67461331

That would work pretty efficiently actually

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:43:56 AM

contact the guy in ENgland who accepts bitcoins in his pub, he has reprogrammed his till to contain a wallet and display QR codes i believe

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-06/17/london-bitcoin-pub
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 09:23:57 AM

Just tell us where you live so the nearest Meet Up can come party at your establishment. Cool If you're near Vancouver, we volunteer to set it up for you (and party, if you're licensed).

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:32:18 AM

Payment options for people with smartphones. You can put the scan code on the menu.

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:39:03 AM

This is kind of funny. I wonder how many people actually pay for a restaurant bill with btc.

I have paid for a restaurant bill with btc.

The cup cake business gets at least one Bitcoin paying customer each day according to some interview I saw. This is likely a (slight?) over-representation because some Bitcoin enthusiasts are bound to have visited the store primarily because they could pay in Bitcoin.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:57:44 PM

Payment options for people with smartphones. You can put the scan code on the menu.
We have a few pubs here in Berlin and they put the QR code on the bill including tip.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: