Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Site to earn a large sum of BTC?  (Read 1103 times)
Orinks (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:08:50 PM

Hi all,
So, I've successfully received my payment from BitVisitor on Sunday and didn't see it until now. However, I was curious what I'd be able to do with the 0.0000104 BTC, as it's only worth 50 sense if I remember correctly. I've been accumulating BTC on coin box which is nice, but it'd be nice to earn at least a dollar or two a day or even every two days so that I can start using it to buy stuff without spending lots of cash on BTC. Of course my track record with referrals isn't too good either.
Thanks all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:12:33 PM

No, that's actually worth a tenth of a cent.

Getting sensible amounts of BTC requires real work instead of clicking on things or participating in referral scams.

tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:13:34 PM

It's hard to earn a proper amount through freebie sites, but I've picked up a fair bit recently from Land of bitcoin.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:14:55 PM

Hi all,
So, I've successfully received my payment from BitVisitor on Sunday and didn't see it until now. However, I was curious what I'd be able to do with the 0.0000104 BTC, as it's only worth 50 sense if I remember correctly. I've been accumulating BTC on coin box which is nice, but it'd be nice to earn at least a dollar or two a day or even every two days so that I can start using it to buy stuff without spending lots of cash on BTC. Of course my track record with referrals isn't too good either.
Thanks all.

The most you can make from free sites would be using something like the BTC Faucet Rotator. You won't get rich off it, though. The only way to make big amounts is to do something that earns it: ex. do actual jobs.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Cocaine

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:16:32 PM

There is no such site.
Orinks (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:14:14 AM

Hi,
Okay, I've done foe faucet rotator and am almost up to the payout for Coinbox and al the sites will pay me I assume. Where can you work to get BitCoin though? I'd imagine most employers don't know what it is lol. Can you work for BTC online for a real company or whatnot and get paid big? or at least bigger than  Freebie site.
bitcoinget

Activity: 608
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:24:36 AM

Hi,
Okay, I've done foe faucet rotator and am almost up to the payout for Coinbox and al the sites will pay me I assume. Where can you work to get BitCoin though? I'd imagine most employers don't know what it is lol. Can you work for BTC online for a real company or whatnot and get paid big? or at least bigger than  Freebie site.

Have a look at bitcoinget.com. There are tasks you can work on for BTC. Depending on which tasks you do, and how well you do them, you can earn the equivalent of a few dollars an hour. Not as much as working for a real company of course, but much more than the faucets.

Earn Bitcoin by Completing Tasks: http://www.bitcoinget.com
Earn Bitcoin Cashback at 300+ Stores: http://www.coinrebates.com
gilamonsterz

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:04:25 AM

It's hard to earn a proper amount through freebie sites, but I've picked up a fair bit recently from Land of bitcoin.

I have that site running while I do other stuff, just keeps playing minimized youtube videos muted. I'm surprised they can keep up with payments, it's pretty good all things considered. Love it. You could probably pay off a netflix subscription or something every month if you just kept up with it while watching tv shows/movies.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:08:56 AM

However, I was curious what I'd be able to do with the 0.0000104 BTC, as it's only worth 50 sense if I remember correctly.

You don't remember correctly.  At today's exchange rate of approximately $108 per bitcoin, 0.0000104 BTC is only worth about 0.112 cents.  That means you'll need to acquire that amount 8 more times just to have a single penny's worth of bitcoins.  Of course the typical transaction fee when sending bitcoins is 0.0001 BTC (about a penny's worth), so if you manage to collet 0.0000104 BTC 9 more times, you'll spend the entire amount on transaction fees and there won't be anything left over for the rest of the transaction.  You could attempt to acquire 0.0000104 BTC another 9 times so that you'll have an additional penny's worth, but unfortunately the typical transaction fee is based on the number of bytes it takes to create the transaction.  The more tiny amounts you attempt to combine in a transaction the bigger it gets.  I think it's approximately 1 kilobyte for every 6 tiny amounts being combined, and 0.0001 BTC per kilobyte.  So now you've got 18 tiny amounts that add up to 0.0001872 BTC.  That's a bit over 2 cents, but you'll be required to spend 0.0003 BTC on transaction fees leaving nothing left for the transaction you're trying to create.  With these tiny "dust" outputs in your wallet you can quickly end up in a situation where your entire wallet balance is unspendable.

These "free bitcoin" sites know they are doing this to your wallet, but they don't care.  They figure they'll have milked you for all the advertising dollars your eyes are worth to them long before you ever figure out how they screwed you, and when you storm off all angry, they figure most of you will get angry at bitcoin instead of them.  They know "there's a sucker born every minute", and they'll just milk the next one.

Don't use any "free bitcoin" site that doesn't store up the value that you've earned for larger payouts. Don't use any "free bitcoin" site that pays out in increments less than 0.0017 BTC.  It is very easy for them to deal with the issue, they just don't bother because they don't care and they get plenty of visitors without caring.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:50:34 AM

Yes, don't use that kind of websites. Even if you can collect larger amount of btc before processing to payment, you will only get 1 cent / hour which is not worth it.
And you will lose everything on transaction fees.

If you want some bitcoins, you should probably buy (or steal) them.
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:55:17 AM

As was already said: In order to make a few dollars worth of BTC you have to do actual work instead of just clicking ads and visiting sites.

BTC Sites that offer crowdflower tasks are a good start. Coinworker.com, Tasks4Dollars and Dollarrewards are such sites that payout in Bitcoin.

Also have a look regularly in the project development and service subforums. People are regularly offering BTC bounties. Mostly for people that can prgram or have some skill in arts.

ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:58:20 AM

At abitback.com there are the usual offers that I'm sure you have seen already but there is also a radio station hitch pays you every 10 minutes. You can do as ou please while listening. The radio alone Pays more than many faucets.

You can also do Crowdflower Tasks Smiley

Krasen

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:02:15 AM

But in the original bitcoin client by defoult its disabled the option for faster transaction, and I belive there are no fees if you wait longer ?

I got one payment from a minig pool 50btc of 0.1 coins, and I bougth 1 time from a website from bitcoini.com for 0.10 coins, and my wallet is at 0.11 now.
However I did not spend any to see if I will lose some of the coins over the transaction.

Also I used a few sites on my work computer to get free bitcoins but when I saw they pay in mBTC I stoped to use them Smiley.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:13:26 AM

But in the original bitcoin client by defoult its disabled the option for faster transaction, and I belive there are no fees if you wait longer ?

I got one payment from a minig pool 50btc of 0.1 coins, and I bougth 1 time from a website from bitcoini.com for 0.10 coins, and my wallet is at 0.11 now.
However I did not spend any to see if I will lose some of the coins over the transaction.

Also I used a few sites on my work computer to get free bitcoins but when I saw they pay in mBTC I stoped to use them Smiley.

The size of the transaction is also a concern. If all outputs are a minimum of 0.01 BTC *and* the transaction size is less than 10KB, you are fine. If either of those is not true, you have to pay a fee.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:15:25 AM

Get it up to a dollar or two and then buy a share in a microcap that pays daily dividends
Or join an ad campaign on the forum if you got a month to lurk

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:18:41 AM

Get it up to a dollar or two and then buy a share in a microcap that pays daily dividends

Do you happen to know of any that are worth it? So far the ones I've seen, at today's difficulty, will take 250+ days to pay off and are dropping in payouts weekly.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:19:01 AM

Coinchat.org pays you a lot Smiley
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:24:18 AM

Do you happen to know of any that are worth it? So far the ones I've seen, at today's difficulty, will take 250+ days to pay off and are dropping in payouts weekly.

Try ASICMiner that's not a bond issuing and has a stable dividend paid weekly
For 1/100 of a share its 0.028 bitcoin atm

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:29:29 AM

Yeah, that one (based on when I ran calculations earlier) has an almost 2 year break-even point, =/

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:32:50 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 08:59:25 AM by freedomno1

Yeah, that one (based on when I ran calculations earlier) has an almost 2 year break-even point, =/

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/funds.php
31.7% Yield but only on the current dividend for two weeks before new units come out
About as close as a blue-chip in bitcoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220837.0;topicseen

Guess there is also AMC if you want to risk a bit more and wait a while
https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC

DMS and TAT.Virtualmine are also yielders

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: