Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India may ban bitcoin in 2018  (Read 1637 times)
Ayush rana (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:57:18 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 11:04:30 AM by Ayush rana

There is a news that may be India will ban bitcoin in 2018. Make your guess will India really ban it or not?
News article link
https://qz.com/1121363/no-bitcoins-for-payments-and-settlements-says-the-reserve-bank-of-india/

BCMB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:59:14 AM

What news are you talking about? Sounds like pure speculation.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:10:37 AM

There is a news that may be India will ban bitcoin in 2018. Make your guess will India really ban it or not?

if you have a news, then post the link to it here otherwise you are talking about rumors not news.

and if I remember India was talking about banning bitcoin in the beginning of 2017 and at some point they had set some strict rules for it but people were against it and they petitioned for removal of these rules and they succeeded. and as you can see currently price of bitcoin in India is at least 60% higher than the price in USD markets.

this shows there is a lot of demand for bitcoin there and government can not just ban something with this much people invested in it.

Only Bitcoin
poliy1219

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:15:08 AM

I guess this is a false news. Because India's computer software business is very developed, and even the world's first. Soon, India's technology companies will soon accept bitcoin payments as well as technology companies on the west coast of the United states. ETH payment and other coins payment.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:18:10 AM

I guess that's not true. maybe you just heard fake news. I've heard that India once made bitcoin legal in that country. but I do not know. I think it would be a big loss if a country makes bitcoin illegal, because it could make the income of its people less. and an increasing number of poverty.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:20:56 AM

I don't know about the news in your country but pretty sure your government is looking forward to merging in blockchain that will give a boost to your economy. be smart on giving actions and always be first on technology.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:22:54 AM

No they will not for sure, there are already many bitcoin trading platform there and many bitcoin wallets operating with legal license. People are crazy there for bitcoin, bitcoin is like new gold in India right now. However I think they will soon update their regulation policy and might limit the number of bitcoin you can buy/sell/hold per year.
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:30:29 AM

I'm going to assume you're talking about news floating around with them saying they don't accept bitcoin at the moment. They seem to be in the process of creating a legislation, and there are calls of making it illegal. It would be sad if they pull the trigger, given India's population. It's their loss in the end tho, really.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:34:59 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 02:16:38 PM by eann014

I think even if that is true, we don't have to be affected. Even if without India, bitcoin will still remain and will still prove it’s potential. For me, it will still increase its price or maybe remain its price the same, if bitcoin price will drop, for sure it will increase again.
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:38:44 AM

you must include the News Link, not just giving your opinion,

this is just your opinion, hopefully, in the future, you will include a Link to every news that you consider very sensitive ...

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:46:25 AM

Good or bad publicity is still a publicity,we dont know if this news is just made for bitcoin advertisement,mentioning crypto over local TV news is one big publicity for in crypto world.india government need investments because of thier country status.and as what bitcoin gives to them is purely favorable to them so i dont see any reason for them to ban btc in thier country.so be not bother foz this is just speculation or advertisement mate
Vladcrypto20

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:49:35 AM

I think these are one of those "end times are coming" time of news, in the sense that talks of something bad happening or criticizing the stuff now are normal for any society. It should not be something that we should be afraid of, because a lot of people have jobs in the crypto world there and they would not want these people to get screwed over, but in any case, even if they ban it, crypto people and hackers know their stuff, so it won`t be that problematic.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:51:50 AM

If the news about involvement of bitcoin to illegal activities are all true I think not only India will ban bitcoin in 2018 the worst is that it can be permanently ban in the circulation. I feel bad because bitcoin gives a lot of opportunity to many people we get the chance to earn additional income, some became financially independent but because of greediness of other they use bitcoin in crime and illegal act I just hope this can be resolve soon.
Laya Varghese

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:54:09 AM

I don't think so. India is developing digitally.
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:07:23 AM

There's so much opportunity that BTC hold, so naturally if india do this it can destroy BTC holder to that country and there's so many persons will aid having trouble exchanging there BTC to there literal money so how that would help I think indians should exchange there BTC before it's too late for them, and for us it can also affect because BTC price will drop for sure afterwards that happen.

iconicavs

Activity: 182

Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:08:37 AM

I tried to Google it and I found nothing, you must've heard wrong it's just speculation.

Jaxelrell

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:11:28 AM

Can you give sources ? Because we don't know what you are talking about. If India bans bitcoin btc would drop a bit. Maybe to 5k or even 4k. This also happend after the ban of china.

Bitcoin dropped very hard but it recovered in time. So i think it will also recover after the ban of India if that happens.
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:15:07 AM

If you have the link of news it would be better. But if india ban bitcoin is bad news. It could make bitcoin price lower.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:16:27 AM

I'm not saying that the OP is right, but India is cracking down on bank notes, Gold and Silver as they have a big problem with people storing their wealth outside of the 'system' and they want it to be more controlled and taxable.

Just look at the bank notes being taken out of circulation, with little to no notice. They were happy to screw over almost everyone in the country to get control over their money.

Bitcoin is the exact opposite of what they want!  It wouldn't be very surprising for India to try to clamp down on Bitcoin.
atronax

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:16:46 AM

If that is true, it'll just lead to informal sector expansion. It's much more better to regulate cryptoworld and get some profits out of this, than lose opportunities by wrong decisions. No doubts, price will drop, but as in chinese situation, it won't last long.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: