Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:25:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO scam? what can be done?  (Read 199 times)
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:11:15 AM

I was using cex.io very rarely, but after October 15 when all the cards has been blocked outside EU (xapo, bitpay. cryptopay.me etc.) I switched to cex.io for cashing outs. We have a local company that does this, but meh cex was better.
About a month ago I deposited fiat via wire transfer to buy BCH and than antminers, after two weeks of waiting and then couple emails to support they credited my balance. I bought BCH, than transferred it to wallet and bought products from bitmain, after what I deposited leftover BCH to cex.io and it is still pending since October 25th. More than two weeks have passed. I've contacted support on cex.io itself, I asked help on their facebook page, here, but nothing. I got the same answer every two days "your patience is highly appreciated".
I asked them to cancel my deposit and send back the BCH to the address were they came from, nothing.
I wonder what can be done in this case, visit their office? Ask authorities/lawyer and sue them?
any idea and experience shared would be helpful
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

There have been people with similar complaints about cex, where their problem/issue was solved after a few weeks of continuously complaining. It could be governmental pressure in the background resulting in these delays.

But still, that doesn't justify their behavior of blatantly ignoring their customers. I think the best option would be to team up with others who are affected by cex, and to force through a solution.

The thing is that aside from it not being professional from the side of cex, they aren't doing anything wrong per se (regardless of how annoying the situation for people might be) ~ at this point it's still patience you depend on.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

I was using cex.io very rarely, but after October 15 when all the cards has been blocked outside EU (xapo, bitpay. cryptopay.me etc.) I switched to cex.io for cashing outs. We have a local company that does this, but meh cex was better.
About a month ago I deposited fiat via wire transfer to buy BCH and than antminers, after two weeks of waiting and then couple emails to support they credited my balance. I bought BCH, than transferred it to wallet and bought products from bitmain, after what I deposited leftover BCH to cex.io and it is still pending since October 25th. More than two weeks have passed. I've contacted support on cex.io itself, I asked help on their facebook page, here, but nothing. I got the same answer every two days "your patience is highly appreciated".
I asked them to cancel my deposit and send back the BCH to the address were they came from, nothing.
I wonder what can be done in this case, visit their office? Ask authorities/lawyer and sue them?

we apologise for the waiting, can you give us your ticket number so we can contact support and resolve your issue

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:08:56 PM

we apologise for the waiting, can you give us your ticket number so we can contact support and resolve your issue
finally I got your attention hope it will last till the issue is resolved
Request #383179
this is just one of them
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:24:03 PM

was it that hard?
was it worth of this all?