Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin Cash going up like hell?  (Read 516 times)
caretaker (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:59:27 AM

What is happening to Bitcoin Cash at the moment?

It's already on 850$ and seems to be increasing more and more. Anyone knows the reason for that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:07:45 PM

It's already on 850$ and seems to be increasing more and more. Anyone knows the reason for that?

Segwit2x suspension / cancellation is driving people/traders/miners who really do want a larger blocksize and lower fees
towards Bitcoin Cash (which has 8mb blocksize and lower fees).

I think some cash will also flow to Dash now, which will soon have 2mb blocksize and pretty much the lowest fees of them all.
This is a battle of value of store (Bitcoin) versus value of usability (Bitcoin Cash / Dash)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:03:16 PM

Segwit2x suspension / cancellation is driving people/traders/miners who really do want a larger blocksize and lower fees

I think some cash will also flow to Dash now, which will soon have 2mb blocksize and pretty much the lowest fees of them all.
This is a battle of value of store (Bitcoin) versus value of usability (Bitcoin Cash / Dash)

This makes sense. It seems that the people and speculators vs the miners are making this happen.

There wasn't enough support among the miners to activate the fork so I don't think they have enough leverage to make BCC move like this

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

AyaYotoko

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:08:27 PM

It's a great news for BCH when 2x was cancelled. I too was happy with what has happened.
skinomanl

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:10:18 PM

It's a great news for BCH when 2x was cancelled. I too was happy with what has happened.

But I do not see a connection between the cancellation of S2x and the rise in the price of this coin. It seems to me that this is just artificial pumping. And soon the price of this coin will fall again

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:11:44 PM

Not only the cancellation of SegWit2x is the reason for BCH pump but even failure of BTG hardfork is also the main reason why all miners are thinking that BCH is the correct one to match the BTC for blocksize like what you said.
daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:12:35 PM

Good analysis, anyway, there is segiwt2x made by bitpico is confirmed, the hard fork still goes on, no suspension or cancellation. That is why BCH has a hug pump because of other weak forks(btg and b2x)
miracles-can-happen

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:15:01 PM

Came down now pretty quick..Damn, I missed out on that spike.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:15:01 PM

Very accurate! But - it is quite possible that there will be a hardfork in future, isn't it? If it is so - people who are moving their investments into dash\btcc - put their money on risk...Because when there will be a hardfork - btc will fly high.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:27:56 PM

It's absolutely pointless for Dash to have 2MB blocks, their current blocks are empty as it is:

Or: https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-size.html

Based on eyeballing, the avarage blocksize seems to be roughly around 12 KB which is only 1.17% of the full capacity.

So it's kind of just a marketing ploy than anything else.

Otherwise I agree with your assesment.

Not your keys, not your coins!
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:32:27 PM

I guess it's no more than just another market manipulation from some whales due to cancellation of segwit2X hardfork. It's very convenient moment to do this Wink

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:38:40 PM

Weeks back bitcoin cash was found growing along with bitcoin. Now bitcoin doesn't show signs of growth, but bitcoin cash records new ath each day. Some gas mentioned the cancelation of segwit2x to be the reason for the price pumping, whereas some indicate the growth to be the phenomenal investment based. Can get a clear answer soon while getting close to the schedule day of segwit2x.
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

another pump for bitcoin cash, nothing new for me
this is 2nd time bcc hit 0.05 btc then pump again to 0.14 btc it will drop again to 0.06 btc like it's usual.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:45:55 PM

There was a lot of anticipation for the segwit2x which got cancelled and this is one of the main reason that people who were rooting for 2x are now putting their money in Bitcoin cash. Large block size and low fee makes sense actually.

tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:51:22 PM

I heard few miners are buying bch for long time now. That means most coins will end up in few hands. I am not going to invest in things like that.

coinmediaco

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:53:45 PM

it's best chance to sell bitcoin cash and exchange into bitcoins  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: