Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:30:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNIING TORCASH PROJECT SCAAM !!!! MY ACCOUNTS IN HACK TO MAKE THEM POST  (Read 8951 times)
brigzyman

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:51:39 PM

IT'S A BAG OF SHITE **** WARNING****DO NOT INSTALL THIS PROGRAM IT IS FULL OF MALWARE *****WARNING******  Angry Huh
I got rid of it but you need to locate the host file with device manager that its linked to, as when you  search and then delete all torcash files it'll say one is in use that's when I delete the host file in device manager linked to torcash  Then I cleaned with mbam and crap cleaner.
All gone
PcChip

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:54:36 PM

your "coded from the ground up"

Legacy signature from 2011: 
All rates with Phoenix 1.50 / PhatK
5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
nizar93 (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:00:17 PM

IT'S A BAG OF SHITE **** WARNING****DO NOT INSTALL THIS PROGRAM IT IS FULL OF MALWARE *****WARNING******  Angry Huh
I got rid of it but you need to locate the host file with device manager that its linked to, as when you  search and then delete all torcash files it'll say one is in use that's when I delete the host file in device manager linked to torcash  Then I cleaned with mbam and crap cleaner.
All gone

This program is NOT filled with malware... It has a false positive.
You need to "locate the host file with device manager that its linked to"? You do realize that makes no damn sense at all?

If you want to delete TorCash, delete it from where it was installed with the installer - Simple. The default is C:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Roaming/TorCash
or C:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Roaming/Tcash

Delete those files and boom - it's like you never installed this "malware" in the first place. Run a million tests if you'd like and you'll see that that's the only place it's installed. >.<

This program is a bag of crap and does not install PROPERLY and when I tried to stop during installation it is going on in the background HOW DO I DELETE IT Huh?
Delete it from where the installer installed it. The default is:
C:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Roaming/TorCash
or C:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Roaming/Tcash
nizar93 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:02:39 PM

your "coded from the ground up"

Obviously it doesn't mean that literally. Mine as well go ahead and re-code all of the cryptography protocols that exist, remake Bitcoin... It says in the thread that it uses parts of Zcash, Monero, and DASH.
PcChip

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:03:18 PM

I'll forgive that, because i don't really care; it was just a dig at you because this is frustrating

what I really care about are the answers to post number 170

I have linux vm's, windows vm's, racks of nvidia GPU's, racks of AMD GPU's and I still can't mine your coin. Why?

5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
nizar93 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:12:57 PM

I'll forgive that, because i don't really care; it was just a dig at you because this is frustrating

what I really care about are the answers to post number 170

Sorry, didn't see that post.

POST #170
I wouldn't say it's the *worst* launch ever, but it's pretty close 

- windows wallet is built with a shitty installer (why??) 
- windows 10 won't run it without throwing maware warnings (why wasn't this tested before release?) 
- windows appdata torcash folder doesn't have a .config to modify (should i just guess which of the several folders it goes in?)   
- linux github source won't build properly (why wasn't this tested before release?) 

I'm genuinely curious how anyone is actually solo-mining it right now

how could you not test anything before releasing it?

1. Not my choice of the shitty installer. One of our devs said that it was the best open source installer they could find. This problem is being fixed.

2. Some users (not all) are experiencing errors and even malware warnings on windows 10. We believe this to be for the "shitty installer". Which - will be fixed.

3. If the installer didn't create one, you need to manually create a blank file called tcash.conf in the C:\users\%USER%\appdata\tcash\ folder and re-run TorCash. This is also a problem we will fix with the installer in the next release.

4. It was tested and I personally could build perfectly. It won't compile on some machines due to machine-specific code in the GitHub repo. This was a careless mistake we are handling now.

5. Instructions on how to solo-mine are pretty much the same as you would find for any other coin. Just make sure the .conf file is in the right place and turn gen on.
Here's for reference:
https://coindesk.com/information/how-bitcoin-mining-works/
and
https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/9505-how-to-solo-mine/
Full instructions will be provided in the wiki that is on it's way.
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:27:01 PM

Very suspicious wallet, I'll pass, not worth the risk...

nizar93 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:31:09 PM

Thank you for advising - Removing binaries now.
PcChip

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:33:41 PM

1. Not my choice of the shitty installer. One of our devs said that it was the best open source installer they could find. This problem is being fixed.

2. Some users (not all) are experiencing errors and even malware warnings on windows 10. We believe this to be for the "shitty installer". Which - will be fixed.

3. If the installer didn't create one, you need to manually create a blank file called tcash.conf in the C:\users\%USER%\appdata\tcash\ folder and re-run TorCash. This is also a problem we will fix with the installer in the next release.

4. It was tested and I personally could build perfectly. It won't compile on some machines due to machine-specific code in the GitHub repo. This was a careless mistake we are handling now.

5. Instructions on how to solo-mine are pretty much the same as you would find for any other coin. Just make sure the .conf file is in the right place and turn gen on.
Here's for reference:
https://coindesk.com/information/how-bitcoin-mining-works/
and
https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/9505-how-to-solo-mine/
Full instructions will be provided in the wiki that is on it's way.

1. Thanks for your answers, personally I believe you when you say there's no malware in it (but still run it in a VM anyway)

2. did you seriously just link me to "how bitcoin mining works" ?

3. I don't want to set generate = 1, I don't want the wallet mining. I want to point my racks of cards to the wallet rpc port and have them mine for the wallet.  Are you saying only wallet mining is working, and calling that "solo mining" ?  

this is my tcash.conf:

rpclisten=1
server=1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcuser=pcchip
rpcpass=x
rpcport=12011
daemon=1
listen=1

brigzyman

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:35:05 PM

PcChip I'm sorry I didn't use the right terms in trying to explain how I got rid of it but it kept on beeping like the major error sound every half hour or so and that was irritating so I used my way and it worked for me. I respect your way is valid and you probably know alot more, however I'm just trying to save people with less knowledge the spare time and stress of a boogie program.
PcChip

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:37:17 PM

PcChip I'm sorry I didn't use the right terms in trying to explain how I got rid of it but it kept on beeping like the major error sound every half hour or so and that was irritating so I used my way and it worked for me. I respect your way is valid and you probably know alot more, however I'm just trying to save people with less knowledge the spare time and stress of a boogie program.

I believe you're addressing the wrong person Smiley

nizar93 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:42:43 PM

Message from our lead developer:
Looks like the new installer wizard creating software installed TorCash just fine but is still throwing up more false positives. It must be the way that we install the client and it's DBs, we will release a working, without AV flags release, asap.

Thanks for your interest in the TRCProject and we can assure you that no real malware has infected your machine through installing with either of the install wizards. We've analyzed both of the installer wizard creators' code (We're only using open source install wizard software) and there's no way the installer infected your computer.

Cheers,
TorCash Devs.
PcChip

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:02:31 AM

can you please post an example conf file that makes your wallet listen for mining rig getwork commands?

WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:09:23 AM

There are a lot of things suspicious about this project.

-They say no premine, but they are the ones mining for first 7 days
-Not provided any information for others to solo mine
-no pool , so solomine with less hash cant beat dev's mining
-Virus found in wallet, devs do not answer about this

I dont expect a miner\pool until devs get enough 'Premine' .  and check the guys who bought the coins, all newbies with 5-6 comments, devs themselves ?

Yes, it looks very interested, but all these red flags should first be removed. Better stay safe than sorry. I hope this project is serious though.
bad name

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:31:26 AM

remember,
wallet no run inithost
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:35:30 AM

i satill haven't got my airdrop. it has been 2 days now. still waiting for tokens...what should i do to recieve airdrop. i did the survey

YourMom420

Activity: 430

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:50:50 AM

how to set up solo mining?
bussy_bossy

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:12:28 AM

Hey guys, pls tell, does this kind of project have competitors?
Intellectual Romanticist

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 03:39:15 AM

I downloaded the wallet by I don;t know how to install it after extracting it. Which one should I click? Which one is the installer?

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin
dunedainbob

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:43:15 AM

All of the files are uploaded on GitHub, as to my knowledge, but I will personally do a build now to confirm.

There aren't any pools as we're solo mining using Equihash and selling it at the price it costs us (right now it's actually costing us a tiny more to mine the TRC than the TRC sale is earning, thus we're adjusting our mining hashrate accordingly.)

It's only been 3 days since the launch and we don't have the pool software ready just yet. This is one of the reasons we decided to do the TRC sale and 30 day Airdrop - a way to distribute TRC while we get everything tested and released. As of posting this, only about 80k TRC even exists - out of a 21 Million Coin cap which is targeted to complete within ten years.

How is your build coming? 

WHY WONT YOU GIVE ANYONE INSTRUCTIONS TO BUILD ON LINUX? You claimed you were making a build, then conveniently haven't followed up.  As another user pointed out, the current GitHub repo doesn't allow for a proper Linux build.

If you're running a real coin, not a malware scam, provide instructions to compile on Linux or provide Linux binaries.  Otherwise, you're obviously just trying to infect Windows users, and don't want to waste your time failing to scam people using VMs.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: