Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo/Pool Mining | Staking & Term Deposit  (Read 673 times)
rohitm (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:52:39 PM

Check out the newly launched ROI Coin which is mineable only using CPU and is GPU/ASIC resistant. They have a great dev team and are taking feedback from the community seriously. Plus they are already on CoinsMarkets exchange.

You can visit their ANN thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2361848.0

Excerpts from the ANN post:

ROI Coin Specifications

Name: ROI Coin
Ticker: ROI
Website & Community: https://ROI-Coin.com
Block Explorer 1: http://blockexplorer.roi-coin.com
Block Explorer 2: (Under Development)
Wallet Downloads: https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads
Algorithm: 1 GB AES Pattern Search – CPU Only Asic/GPU Resistant
Block Size: 1 MB
Max Transaction Size: 250 KB
Block Confirmations Required: 360
Block Timing: 2 Minutes
Pre-Mine: 6% For Development Costs, Ongoing Expenses, Exchange Listings, Marketing Fees, Rewards, Contests And Bounties
Mining: CPU Only Solo Mining From The Wallet With One Mouse Click
Block POW Mining Reward: 120 ROI Coins (no halving)
Standard POS Reward: Approximately 8% APR
Standard Term Deposit Reward: (2 days up to 1 year)
     1 Week Term Deposit 2.12%
     2 Week Term Deposit 4.49%
     1 Month Term Deposit 10.87%
     3 Month Term Deposit 45.39%
     6 Month Term Deposit 125.05%
     12 Month Term Deposit 426.38%

Note: Term deposited coins are locked and cannot be moved or spent.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:41:06 PM

Fuck no!

This coin is a nice breath of fresh air, it's really awesome... or so I thought until I've seen the premine.

60,000,000 coins or 500,000 blocks of premine is unacceptable in 2017. That's the equivalent of 694 DAYS OF MINING EVERY SINGLE BLOCK. The coin would only have to reach 23 satoshis/ROI for the "investor" to break even - that's how stupidly high the premine is.

Disregarding the staking/locking potential of the premine, the amount alone is just waaaay too much centralization. The investor can make or break the coin anytime he wants.

Why not go with a staggered reward/fee? For example, every 720th block that's found a fixed reward would have been automatically sent a reward/fee/return to the "investor" for a few years?

It's just so dumb to cripple such an interesting coin with a retardedly huge premine. This coin will never live that off.

The dev is basically not in touch with reality; defending the almost unheard quantities of premine, deleting highly critical comments and he's a proud Bitconnect advocate so his scammy mentality is deeply rooted.

I think anyone who isn't dismissing the coin after seeing the amount of premine shouldn't be in crypto at all because this is pure cancer.

Not your keys, not your coins!
RinceWind84

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

Fuck no!

This coin is a nice breath of fresh air, it's really awesome... or so I thought until I've seen the premine.

60,000,000 coins or 500,000 blocks of premine is unacceptable in 2017. That's the equivalent of 694 DAYS OF MINING EVERY SINGLE BLOCK. The coin would only have to reach 23 satoshis/ROI for the "investor" to break even - that's how stupidly high the premine is.

Disregarding the staking/locking potential of the premine, the amount alone is just waaaay too much centralization. The investor can make or break the coin anytime he wants.

Why not go with a staggered reward/fee? For example, every 720th block that's found a fixed reward would have been automatically sent a reward/fee/return to the "investor" for a few years?

It's just so dumb to cripple such an interesting coin with a retardedly huge premine. This coin will never live that off.

The dev is basically not in touch with reality; defending the almost unheard quantities of premine, deleting highly critical comments and he's a proud Bitconnect advocate so his scammy mentality is deeply rooted.

I think anyone who isn't dismissing the coin after seeing the amount of premine shouldn't be in crypto at all because this is pure cancer.

I strongly disagree!

The only dev's I have witnessed on the thread is putting a lot a work into the coin. And also seems to take great time to answer everyone's questions, yours included. And how do you figure they are deleting critical posts? If your post was deleted then the moderator must have agreed that your input was either plain destructive or completely irrelevant.

And someone also explained pretty thoroughly why the premine was made and how you were very welcome to your opinion and look elsewhere for other coins.

I bet my hashing power, albeit a small amount, in this coin.
rohitm (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 04:18:58 PM

Fuck no!

I believe you're the one out of touch with reality! It's pretty common nowadays and after all, devs also need something to keep the servers running and themselves fed!!

Besides, you raised the same issue on the main topic and got your answer. If you dont like it, feel free to ignore it!!

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1711

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:59:16 PM

Time for someone to launch ROI Coin Classic and remove the premine.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:47:22 AM

I strongly disagree!

The only dev's I have witnessed on the thread is putting a lot a work into the coin. And also seems to take great time to answer everyone's questions, yours included. And how do you figure they are deleting critical posts? If your post was deleted then the moderator must have agreed that your input was either plain destructive or completely irrelevant.

And someone also explained pretty thoroughly why the premine was made and how you were very welcome to your opinion and look elsewhere for other coins.

I bet my hashing power, albeit a small amount, in this coin.

That thread is self-moderated so the "dev" can remove posts on his own silencing the opposition. He even went back and deleted past posts.

Fuck no!

I believe you're the one out of touch with reality! It's pretty common nowadays and after all, devs also need something to keep the servers running and themselves fed!!

Besides, you raised the same issue on the main topic and got your answer. If you dont like it, feel free to ignore it!!

I have to call you an idiot - which I very rarely do - who shouldn't be near crypto at all if you really don't mind that amount of premine. You lack the basic fundamentals of crypto and what it should it stand for.

I'm not leaving it because some of you guys who are new to crypto are supporting cancerous projects and lure more newbies in and you will all get scammed which will turn people away from crypto which is not good for anyone.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: