Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bitcoin Project] Hotel booking  (Read 191 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 03:27:05 PM

i have some knowledge about IOT and have engineering  knowledge so my idea is to make hotel without Recepion only user go to door and scan bar code send money to hotel wallet when all Done door can open using phone for 24 hour   .

about engineering side i can do it .  but how
1)  make wallet auto check value and when only right value happen  make action .

2) what can do if user send higher or lower amount ?

3)how can make wallet auto check prices because bitcoin price changes fast and can’t edit it manually

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stroustrup

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:42:44 PM

i have some knowledge about IOT and have engineering  knowledge so my idea is to make hotel without Recepion only user go to door and scan bar code send money to hotel wallet when all Done door can open using phone for 24 hour   .

1)  make wallet auto check value and when only right value happen  make action .

3)how can make wallet auto check prices because bitcoin price changes fast and can’t edit it manually

Well that's actually a great idea. We got 24/7 shops with food (without employers) just machines so that might be a good project.

1) With a simple code you can do that. A good idea would be using a raspberry or an arduino.
2) That would be done on the code, in case the amount is not correct it will refund. A good solution would be HTTP JSON-RPC calls to manage the wallet.
3) There are plenty of websites that has API where you can check the price of bitcoin.

If you're realling going to do this, i can help you on the coding part.

Good luck.
ichtyar

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:45:36 PM

Travel bookings giant Expedia will start accepting bitcoin for hotel reservations, becoming ...
Stroustrup

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:23:49 PM

Travel bookings giant Expedia will start accepting bitcoin for hotel reservations, becoming ...

Did you even bother to read what @ichtyar wrote? It's not a simple hotel booking site that accepts bitcoin as a payment method.. It's a completely different concept.
And Expedia has introduced Bitcoin as a payment method a few months ago, so it's not "new".

hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:01:40 PM

Well that's actually a great idea. We got 24/7 shops with food (without employers) just machines so that might be a good project.

1) With a simple code you can do that. A good idea would be using a raspberry or an arduino.
2) That would be done on the code, in case the amount is not correct it will refund. A good solution would be HTTP JSON-RPC calls to manage the wallet.
3) There are plenty of websites that has API where you can check the price of bitcoin.

Good luck.

1) problem how will make wallet  make action ON / OFF (when real value came make ON other OFF) about  raspberry or an arduino i have enough knowledge.

2) refunded problem with bitcoin make this project hard because need to pay fee for this .

3) give me one can make this

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Stroustrup

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:18:42 PM

i have some knowledge about IOT and have engineering  knowledge so my idea is to make hotel without Recepion only user go to door and scan bar code send money to hotel wallet when all Done door can open using phone for 24 hour   .

about engineering side i can do it .  but how
1)  make wallet auto check value and when only right value happen  make action .

Good luck.

1) problem how will make wallet  make action ON / OFF (when real value came make ON other OFF) about  raspberry or an arduino i have enough knowledge.

2) refunded problem with bitcoin make this project hard because need to pay fee for this .

3) give me one can make this

I'll give you a brief example.
Check this door: https://i.imgur.com/JYmi6io.jpg

Imagine you have an apartment (per example) with all doors like that. And on reception only a computer where people can choose amount of days ,etc. Then an order is created, and a bitcoin address is generated. On the script, it will check every X minutes/seconds/whatever if the money is on the wallet (correct amount), if yes, it will give the code to the user, if not, it won't.
In case user sends more/less it will refund. But will refund less than it was received (user pays the fee because was his fault). You only need to have that stated on the terms of service.
Also in case you want a smartphone app you can do it too. Instead of a computer on reception, user connects to the app and pays and code is given on the app.

https://www.coindesk.com/api/ --> Bitcoin api price. You can google, there are hundreads of different examples.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: