Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: awful hash rate with Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb  (Read 817 times)
boristhebold (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:15:01 PM

Hi all, I'm new to mining and hoping someone out there can assist as this is doing my nut in.
I've got a Lenovo Legion PC (can't change much in the BIOS) but I'm not sure if the GPU is being throttled or not (if not, soon will be)

It got an Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb
I'm testing out various miners and different coins but getting the same hash rate across the board but will focus on one for now.

I'm running CCminer with cryptonight and mining XMR
The hash rate is only 360 h/s but seen most people with this GPU getting Gh/s out the box.
I've tried tweaking it with MSI afterburner but only get a few h/s extra.

question is, why am I only getting H/sec instead of Kh/sec or like most Gh/sec?
When I downloaded the Nvidia Cuda installer the new driver stopped all the miners running with a memory issue so rolled back.

This is a new PC and nothing else is running in the background.
any pointers would be appreciated
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thematosek

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:33:54 PM

Firstly, nvidia is just bad for monero.
There are many algorithms to mine. On monero (cryptonight) your score is pretty normal for your GPU. You should consider using nicehash, or just learn more and stop asking so stupid questions Tongue Those are complete basics, don't even get mining rig without basic knowledge.

boristhebold (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

must be the various miners I was using.
changed to claymore mining Ethereum and getting 19 Mh/sec.

is there any miners for XMR that give the same rate?
not had time to see if claymore can do XMR but just seems Eth, Etc and a few others only
boristhebold (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:35:44 PM

Firstly, nvidia is just bad for monero.
There are many algorithms to mine. On monero (cryptonight) your score is pretty normal for your GPU. You should consider using nicehash, or just learn more and stop asking so stupid questions Tongue Those are complete basics, don't even get mining rig without basic knowledge.

thats the problem though, been looking for info with the setup I have (GTX 1060 - Cryptonight - XMR) whereas most were mining other coins on cryptonight or using other miners with the GPU.
tried loads of different miners including awesome but got the same rate with XMR as well as some other coins.
At least I found out that it was just the combination.

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.... oh wait, shit!  Cheesy
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:53:08 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 08:30:08 AM by johnsmithx

I'm running CCminer with cryptonight and mining XMR
The hash rate is only 360 h/s but seen most people with this GPU getting Gh/s out the box.
I've tried tweaking it with MSI afterburner but only get a few h/s extra.

question is, why am I only getting H/sec instead of Kh/sec or like most Gh/sec?

If you are mining xmr and getting h/s but expecting Gh/s (joke of the month!) then you obviously have no clue whatsoever about cryptocurrencies, hashrate, mining and crypto algorithms used. As the other person already told you you should first properly educate yourself at least on the very basics of everything involved, nobody here will waste their time and play teacher just because you are utterly lazy.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
R0b3rt0

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:00:08 PM

I have a Palit GTX 1060 3gb and with ccminer I get 450H/s
Josefonaut

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

comparing hashrate between algorithms is like comparing apples and oranges  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: