Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon still taking orders for chips?  (Read 1062 times)
terrahash (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:20:19 PM

We are trying to place an order for additional 20,000 chips and instead of the payment page, we are being redirected to http://store.avalon-asics.com/null.

When was the last time anyone successfully placed an order?

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:22:10 PM

working on the shop to add trade-in orders, give me a bit.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:54:47 AM

I guess this answers the question about whether Terrahash has enough chips for their pre-orders! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:16:30 AM

fixed.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:22:00 AM

I guess this answers the question about whether Terrahash has enough chips for their pre-orders! Wink

Well it could also just be a question of Terrahash making sure they can keep selling miners and keep delivery dates. Though I am inclined to agree that the "pre order" process with "pretend orders" taking presidency over actual paid orders has doomed Terrahash in my book. It's almost hard to fuck up a order process as badly as it seems they had, allowing 'order snipers' to add tons of miners to their account with no intent of purchasing themselves.

Ah well, we shall see how it plays out. If my order placed and paid for within 15 min of pre order opening lands outside of the first 10k chips I sure as hell will be canceling all my orders without thinking twice.
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:55:46 AM

Well it could also just be a question of Terrahash making sure they can keep selling miners and keep delivery dates.

In the spirit of fairness, this is exactly what they told us they were going to do, so I don't see any reason to assume this order is anything but chips to fund miners after the first 10 or 20K (hopefully 20).

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:02:18 AM

We are trying to place an order for additional 20,000 chips and instead of the payment page, we are being redirected to http://store.avalon-asics.com/null.

though this is awful news for all the second batch orders if avalon has stopped taking orders, it does show a certain level of upfront honesty from terrahash that i have not seen in any of the other asic sellers

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:42:39 AM

though this is awful news for all the second batch orders if avalon has stopped taking orders, it does show a certain level of upfront honesty from terrahash that i have not seen in any of the other asic sellers

BitSyncom is Avalon, and they already fixed the problem. Everyone can relax now...  Smiley
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:40:15 AM

Well it could also just be a question of Terrahash making sure they can keep selling miners and keep delivery dates. Though I am inclined to agree that the "pre order" process with "pretend orders" taking presidency over actual paid orders has doomed Terrahash in my book. It's almost hard to fuck up a order process as badly as it seems they had, allowing 'order snipers' to add tons of miners to their account with no intent of purchasing themselves.

Ah well, we shall see how it plays out. If my order placed and paid for within 15 min of pre order opening lands outside of the first 10k chips I sure as hell will be canceling all my orders without thinking twice.

All the PayPal/BTC orders that were not paid have long been canceled. We have only given till friday to the Bank Transfer purchases, as it takes 3-4 business days for the wires to arrive.

I fully understand that, but what you seem to not understand is that people figured out how to 'scam' the order system even before you even opened for pre-orders and there are sellers here and on eBay that added a bunch of miners to their 'order', chose bank wire as payment method and are using the time they have to sell their very early orders, with no intent what so ever of purchasing miners for themselves.

All I am saying is that allowing for an ordering method that allows for this type of order-sniping, in combination with limited Chip supply just makes for a pretty shifty customer experience.

I hope everything works out, and that you can publish info on order status soon.

All of this is of course based on hearsay and what sellers are telling potential buyers. Should this be wrong, and orders not function as described I am of course the first one to admit I am wrong. It just seems the choice of bank wire option in hindsight was a pretty horrible idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: