Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin ever match diamond's worth?  (Read 354 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:09:21 PM

Yes , this is the goal target that i think Bitcoin should reach, Bitcoin already passed golds, now only diamonds left.

The diamond industry has already been left in the dust by Bitcoin if you go on market cap, which maybe no one should but as it fits this particular narrative we may as well.

http://www.diamondfacts.org/pdfs/media/media_resources/fact_sheets/Diamond_Industry_Fact_Sheet.pdf

But it's irrelevant anyway. I've never met anyone who used gold as an investment. If I'm reincarnated a thousand times I'll never meet anyone who uses diamonds for the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:18:59 PM

Worth of diamonds.. are different for different ones as a whole the diamond industry isn't something that one chooses as an investment.

People choose gold and..invest in stock market, but There are very rare people who actually tags along with diamond.

Diamond industry was 79 billion USD in 2015, right now we can expect well above 85 billion USD.

The bitcoins industry an year before in terms of world's cash was 100 billion USD.

Thus , it can be inferred that bitcoin Industry is already well above the diamond one..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Jibit

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:21:29 PM

I think it can. Because there are more and more people around the world know and accept Bitcoin value. If its price continues rising, I believe it will be worth as diamond
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:26:02 PM

Ok its simple Bitcoin is going to reach and cross the price of diamond in no time. Bitcoin gets his price, but two sources (extreme more than 2). When is Bitcoin mining and one is marketable. We know that by each day the mining difficulty is increasing and so do the Bitcoin price, on the other hand we have the markets. Price on the markets are determined by the demand and supply on the coin which means we are responsible for the price change.
lambomoonmoney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:34:55 PM

Please does bitcoin ever have the potential to be as worthy or even worth more than diamonds?

what kind of question is that. Diamonds can be made in labs now. Their value isn't going to increase, its not a finite supply anymore. Its just pressurized carbon and we have a lot of carbon. BTC is a finite supply and with people losing and dying with BTC daily its gonna get more and more finite.
inoymuninoy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:26:18 PM

I think so. If bitcoin reaches its maximum cap. Its value will be increased as a diamond's worth. Because diamond is rare, so its value is high and everything that is rare gets a high value.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: