Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fraud Alert: Translator DutchFinity  (Read 1418 times)
TranslationQA (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:06:34 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 11:15:23 AM by TranslationQA

SCAM ALERT:

User DutchFinity, who pretends to be a Dutch translator, is in fact a fraud. He uses Google Translate for all of his translations.

The evidence for this claim can be found below. As you can see, he slightly modifies Google Translate-generated texts in a poor attempt not to get caught. According to the Dutch members on our team, his modifications to these texts actually make them even worse than the Google Translate-originals and they suspect that he is not a native Dutch speaker.

Screenshots of fraudulent translations:

Link: Minerva Bounty:

https://i.imgur.com/Xwowus6.png

Link: Blockchain Programmic Corporation ANN

https://i.imgur.com/LrXddcR.png

Link: CREDITS ANN

https://i.imgur.com/7VzZRPh.png

Link: Multibot ANN

https://i.imgur.com/2XxjQRF.png

Unfortunately, there are many more examples.

TO ALL OTHER TRANSLATORS:

Be aware that as long as DutchFinity is listed on any bounty spreadsheet, he is stealing a portion of your stakes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traductio

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

I proofread and expose cheaters

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:12:41 PM

Just like WELL and Mavin announcements. I sent a message to the respective bounty managers and I assume they will investigate it further.

Thanks for taking the time to out these shysters.

English to Dutch proofreading.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:30:28 AM

Reading a few of his posts in the dutch sub do me believe he can read and speak dutch.
The mistakes i see in the above pictures and in this post here he/she properly dont got enough skills or is lazy in writing dutch and uses google to assist him/her.

*side note for bounty managers*
his/her account is also fresh [Date Registered:   June 27, 2017]
late sept. he/she went crazy on the translations.

Search a trusted and higher ranked person with a history longer than a year if you want some assurance for a proper translation.
The first one that says 'yes, i can do it' isnt always the best choice.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 07:02:44 AM

Reading a few of his posts in the dutch sub do me believe he can read and speak dutch.
The mistakes i see in the above pictures and in this post here he/she properly dont got enough skills or is lazy in writing dutch and uses google to assist him/her.
Even if he knows Dutch, but uses an automated tool for translating he is defrauding the people offering these jobs. So therefore, let me ask you the following:
Do you strongly believe he uses automated tools? Do you strongly believe that he should be tagged?

Luckily klaaas is a dutchie that I can trust with objectively reviewing this case. Tongue

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:23:08 AM

Yes i do think this person uses google translate as main translation.
as example this  

No way you use these sentences in this way.
these sentences are constructed wrong.

We gaan onze bestaande oplossing voor het delven door het te verbinden

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:31:54 AM

@Lauda, thank you for looking into this case, much appreciated as always.

With all due respect, whether or not klaaas believes he uses Google Translate is completely irrelevant, the evidence clearly shows that, in fact, he does. Similarly, whether the changes he makes to the GT-generated texts are good or bad is also irrelevant. This is not a case of someone using Google Translate to "assist" them with their translations, this is an obvious case of someone performing minor alterations to a text generated by a computer translation tool. That has nothing to do with performing real translations, yet he receives the same rewards as people who do.

@klaaas

The Dutch members on our team have verified that you have excellent command of the Dutch language and surely are a native speaker. For the sake of the real translators on Bitcointalk, we ask you to please evaluate DutchFinity's translations rather than his comments. You will then be able to confirm that the changes he makes to the GT-generated texts are merely an attempt to make the texts seem original and do not actually improve them (and often actually make them even worse).

@thread

I want to reiterate that, since DutchFinity obviously uses Google Translate, the "quality" of his adjustments to these fake translations really doesn't matter. To draw a comparison with another bounty campaign task: If a user joins a Twitter campaign and sends his tweets to a thousand fake accounts, the quality of those tweets is entirely irrelevant. Even if this user's tweets contain the most effective marketing content of all time, that user is still a fraud who shouldn't be a allowed to participate in campaigns and certainly shouldn't be receiving any rewards for their fraudulent activities.
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:41:32 AM

Yes i do think this person uses google translate as main translation.
as example this  https://i.imgur.com/OuWod43.png

No way you use these sentences in this way.
these sentences are constructed wrong.

We gaan onze bestaande oplossing voor het delven door het te verbinden

Excellent timing, thank you Wink
DutchFinity

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:11:45 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 10:27:32 AM by DutchFinity

If anyone has problems with my translations I prefer that you adress the issues to me first instead of posting a scam accusing thread about me and giving me negative trust.

I am a genuine translator. No doubt I do make mistakes from time to time. But I spend much time and attention to the translations, and I do not deserve to be treated like this. Emotionally this is hurting. The consequences are also not small. The rewards I have earned by working for very many hours, days in a row, may be withheld from me, just like that.

The thing is that a blacklisting campaign against me is going on. There is a person who wants to get rid of me (and other translators) because I do too many translations. This person has taken on two newbie accounts in which he presents himself as a translator himself. I already knew him as Traductio. As Traductio he approached several bounty managers to tell them I do bad or google automated translations. One of these bounty managers is Avirunes who is doing the Mavin project. After the accusations of Traductio the Mavin team had a native Dutch speaker analyse my Mavin translations. And after that I was approved and Traductio was blacklisted by Avirunes. Please speak to Avirunes about it. This same Traductio also tried to blacklist other Dutch translators like Fabsquire and sjeezman. And now he apparently has taken on a new account as TranslationQA wherewith he tries to blacklist FIEX and me again.

Please note that both Traductio and TranslationQA want to do translations and are blacklisting many Dutch translators who are actually doing quite well. Do you really think it is a coincidence that these two newbies are present in this thread? They are one and the same person. They are trolling translators around, and you fell for it!

Then, the one giving me the negative trust, please do proper research before you give me negative trust. Read my whitepapers, other threads, and don't focus on a couple mistakes I made. Check my portfolio properly please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X3g-tAdXdNLPOH9HpW3j1X5FoANdlshKuU9C7Rzjp3c/edit#gid=1397188669. Also understand that sometimes the English versions are bad translations from Russian. In such cases Russians often forget to use articles like 'a' and 'the', or they mix them up, which sometimes may explain some artificial sounding Dutch translations, because I want to stay true to what the English whitepaper says.

I am not infallible, but my translations are genuine. Please re-consider the negative trust. I don't deserve it. For me there is a lot at stake. Months of earnest work you throw down the drain with your negative trust. Talk to Avirunes, or the Mavin team, check my work better, and not just the small fragments where I made mistakes or typo's. And then come back. In the meantime remove my negative trust. It hurts and I don't deserve this! If I am a bad translator? Fine; if everybody thinks so I will stop. But I don't deserve a scam status!

DutchFinity

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:55:46 AM

Hallo Lauda,

Je hebt me negatief vertrouwen gegeven omdat ik google translate zou gebruiken voor mijn vertalingen.

Ik wil je vragen om mijn post te lezen op https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2384494

Ik ben geen fraudeur. Als ik een slechte vertaler ben dan ben ik bereid om ermee te stoppen. Maar de teksten die ik vertaald heb zijn oprecht van eigen hand. Het is kwetsend om als fraudeur betiteld te worden als je uren, dagen, weken achter je computer hebt gezeten en écht je best hebt gedaan om vertalingen af te leveren. Extra kwetsend is dat degenen die de discussie aanslingeren (TranslationsQA en Traductio) trollen zijn die bijna alle Nederlandse vertalers van fraude beschuldigen, waarschijnlijk om zo ruimte te creëren om zelf als vertaler aan de slag te kunnen.

Ik wil je dus vragen om eerst gedegen onderzoek te doen naar mijn vertalingen via mijn portfolio op https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X3g-tAdXdNLPOH9HpW3j1X5FoANdlshKuU9C7Rzjp3c/edit#gid=1397188669 en tot die tijd mijn negatief vertrouwen op te schorten. Lees niet alleen mijn vertalingen maar vergelijk ze ook met de Engelse versies zodat je in ieder geval mijn vertaalkeuze's kan begrijpen (zelfs als waren het de verkeerde keuze's).

Ik weet niet hoe jij je zou voelen als je jouw beloning voor weken van hard en eerlijk werk in een oogwenk ziet verdampen door onterechte beschuldigingen van fraude. Geef me feedback of noem me desnoods botweg een slechte vertaler. Maar ik ben zeker niet lui zoals klaaas geheel onterecht stelt, en ik ben zeker geen fraudeur. Die termen zijn kwetsend.

Over de morele inborst van Traductio aka TranslationsQA zal ik hier niet uitwijden, maar ik heb er wel een duidelijke mening over.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:00:49 AM

Same happened to me Sad

I'm from Belgium so my Dutch is a little different then Dutch from the Netherlands and also I make mistakes in my translations.
Giving people negative trust from a guy who made just an account to accuse me and you and believing this without consulting us.

I also sended a message to klaaas because Lauda aint answering.
I spent a lot of time working for project as translator and community manager and with just one post of a Newbie can change everything.

Really hope they consider this negative trust.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:10:45 AM

Over de morele inborst van Traductio aka TranslationsQA zal ik hier niet uitwijden, maar ik heb er wel een duidelijke mening over.

Ik vind het jammer dat ze zulke mensen geloven die gewoon slecht willen praten omdat ze niet aan grote projecten geraken.
Als je vertalingen vergelijkt met Google zitten daar zeker overeenkomsten in, zou erg zijn moest of mocht het zo niet zijn.
DutchFinity

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:52:30 AM

I also want to refer to this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2274283 where I have turned down the offer of (max.) 4.5 BTC to support a scam project!

Would a scammer turn down 4.5 BTC for supporting a scam project? No he wouldn't! But I did! And now I'm accused of scamming for rewards!
cattani30

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Patience is the key to success

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:18:24 PM

If anyone has problems with my translations I prefer that you adress the issues to me first instead of posting a scam accusing thread about me and giving me negative trust.

I am a genuine translator. No doubt I do make mistakes from time to time. But I spend much time and attention to the translations, and I do not deserve to be treated like this. Emotionally this is hurting. The consequences are also not small. The rewards I have earned by working for very many hours, days in a row, may be withheld from me, just like that.

The thing is that a blacklisting campaign against me is going on. There is a person who wants to get rid of me (and other translators) because I do too many translations. This person has taken on two newbie accounts in which he presents himself as a translator himself. I already knew him as Traductio. As Traductio he approached several bounty managers to tell them I do bad or google automated translations. One of these bounty managers is Avirunes who is doing the Mavin project. After the accusations of Traductio the Mavin team had a native Dutch speaker analyse my Mavin translations. And after that I was approved and Traductio was blacklisted by Avirunes. Please speak to Avirunes about it. This same Traductio also tried to blacklist other Dutch translators like Fabsquire and sjeezman. And now he apparently has taken on a new account as TranslationQA wherewith he tries to blacklist FIEX and me again.

Please note that both Traductio and TranslationQA want to do translations and are blacklisting many Dutch translators who are actually doing quite well. Do you really think it is a coincidence that these two newbies are present in this thread? They are one and the same person. They are trolling translators around, and you fell for it!

Then, the one giving me the negative trust, please do proper research before you give me negative trust. Read my whitepapers, other threads, and don't focus on a couple mistakes I made. Check my portfolio properly please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X3g-tAdXdNLPOH9HpW3j1X5FoANdlshKuU9C7Rzjp3c/edit#gid=1397188669. Also understand that sometimes the English versions are bad translations from Russian. In such cases Russians often forget to use articles like 'a' and 'the', or they mix them up, which sometimes may explain some artificial sounding Dutch translations, because I want to stay true to what the English whitepaper says.

I am not infallible, but my translations are genuine. Please re-consider the negative trust. I don't deserve it. For me there is a lot at stake. Months of earnest work you throw down the drain with your negative trust. Talk to Avirunes, or the Mavin team, check my work better, and not just the small fragments where I made mistakes or typo's. And then come back. In the meantime remove my negative trust. It hurts and I don't deserve this! If I am a bad translator? Fine; if everybody thinks so I will stop. But I don't deserve a scam status!

Welcome to the "scammers" club!  Grin
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:55:38 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 06:15:22 PM by TranslationQA

For scammers, it can be difficult to accept that even the most elaborate excuses or sob stories cannot change facts. The evidence posted in your respective scam accusation threads clearly proves, without a shadow of doubt, that each of you submitted Google Translate-generated texts on multiple occasions (for some of you, literally on all occasions). The texts you submitted don't "resemble" Google Translate-generated texts, they are Google Translate-generated texts (with slight alterations). Yes, real translations of course always contain translations of single words and short phrases that would've been translated similarly by Google Translate or any other translation tool. However, real translations never precisely match automated translations word after word, phrase after phrase, paragraph after paragraph, with the exact same sentence structures. So, although you're welcome to continue trying to bend reality in order to paint a better picture of yourself, it won't change the facts. As much as you like to think otherwise, you are all frauds who deliberately tried to receive payments for work you didn't do. You got caught, just deal with it.

Also, please spare us your unfounded accusations. Our mission is to help the crypto space mature by ridding the translation sector of fraudulent activities. As such, one of our tasks is to perform quality control over ICO translations and to expose fraudulent translators on Bitcointalk. Our goal is not to steal translation projects, as you claim, but rather to protect real translators and their hard-earned rewards. If you perform real, manual translations, you have nothing to fear from us. We also make a very clear distinction between poor translations and fake translations. Someone who delivers real yet low-quality translations is not a fraud but simply a bad translator. Someone who performs real translations and uses automated tools to improve upon those translations is also not a fraud. However, someone who uses automated tools to generate translations and then sells them off as real translations is most definitely a fraud.

Lastly, in response to another false accusation, we don't know and certainly aren't in cahoots with user "Traductio." We weren't even aware of this user until you pointed him/her out. Thank you for doing so though, it's always nice to find other people who actively expose abusers.
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:09:11 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 07:55:17 PM by TranslationQA

@DutchFinity

No, your translations are not genuine and it's amazing that you're still claiming they are. As you can see at the top of this thread, we did in-depth research and found that you consistently submitted fake translations. We typically post four examples of fraudulent work but in your case, as is the case with most translation frauds, we could add many additional examples. We choose to stick to four because it provides ample evidence and we have better things to do with our time (like performing real translations).

There is no "blacklisting campaign" going on against you, at least not by us. We evaluate many translators and you were just one of them. We are also not specifically after Dutch translators, it just happens to be one of the language we're focusing on at the moment. We actually evaluated some of the Dutch translators you mentioned and with some of them, we found no reason to accuse them of fraud.

Although we've started operating under a newbie account, we can assure you that we are not newbies. Most of us have been on this forum far longer than you have. We decided to start using a new, dedicated account because when we exposed frauds under our regular user names in the past, we would often receive negative trust. Scammers tend to hold grudges against others when they really only have themselves to blame. We hope that you will change your ways and will actually start doing "earnest" work, although we expect you won't.
DutchFinity

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:48:10 PM

@DutchFinity

No, your translations are not genuine and it's amazing that you're still claiming they are. As you can see at the top of this thread, we did in-depth research and found that you consistently submitted fake translations. We typically post four examples of fraudulent work but in your case, as is the case with most translation frauds, we could add many additional examples. We choose to stick to four because it provides ample evidence and we have better things to do with our time (like performing real translations).

There is no "blacklisting campaign" going on against you, at least not by us. We evaluate many translators and you were just one of them. We are also not specifically after Dutch translators, it just happens to be one of the language we're focusing on at the moment. We actually evaluated some of the Dutch translators you mentioned and with some of them, we found no reason to accuse them of fraud.

Although we've started operating under a newbie account, we can assure you that we are not newbies. Most of us have been on this forum far longer than you have. We decided to start using a new, dedicated account because when we exposed frauds under our regular user names in the past, we would often receive negative trust. Scammers tend to hold grudges against others when they really only have themselves to blame. We hope that you will change your ways and will actually start doing "earnest" work, although we expect you won't.

You do no research at all. The only thing you have proven is that many words I use are similar to many words Google translate uses. Suprise: Both are translations! At the same time you have shown that my sentences and words are actually not at all the same. It also doesn't make sense. A sentence is quicker written than when I have to copy paste a sentence from Google and then adjust the result. I got accused for frauding the Mavin project by Traductio. Mavin had an unbiased Dutch person proofread my translations, and guess what? The translatlions got accepted, exposing Traductio as a troll. Avirunes knows all about it!

Now your remark becomes interesting when you speak about the 'we', about who you are. Earlier you denied your relation to Traductio and now suddenly you admit that you belong to the same initiative. So what do we have here? One or several long standing members who decided to take on newbie accounts to target Dutch translators. I begin to see an interesting similarity in both scam accusations (mine and that of FIEX). TranslationQA opens ---> Traductio confirms ---> klaaas confirms ---> Lauda punishes.

Could it be that we have klaaas here exposed? What a sad pitchblack troll badge added to your forum status that would be!

So who else is collaborating with this trolling campaign? Some experienced Dutch translator who has seen that competition is growing? Lauda? She is getting a  lot of 'feedback' about giving dishonestly negative trust!

Why don't you now just open up and give us the other Legendary / Hero names, if any, now that you have confessed that certain long standing members are trolling newer members with false newbie accounts?!
sjeezman

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:14:33 PM

traductio told me she or he wants to out herself as a one legged lesbian...
no shit.

So that person is clearly batshit crazy and in need for some attention.
She or he,... let us just call "it".. accuses always people and has more accounts here.

I was also accused and i didnt use google translate.
How ever you may turn it, if you translate something to dutch there is always a big chance that the same words are being used. Cuz thats how our language works.
But it doesnt mean they are in the same order or whatever.

TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:21:13 PM

@DutchFinity

As mentioned before, some similarities on a single-word basis are normal and expected, virtually identical matches of entire texts on a phrase-to-phrase, paragraph-to-paragraph basis is an indisputable sign of copied work. Anyone with a background in translations knows this. There is a reason why all bounty campaigns prohibit any use of Google Translate; it produces what's called "verbum pro verbo" translations. You can learn about here, if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literal_translation

"A sentence is quicker written than when I have to copy paste a sentence from Google and then adjust the result." Wow, that is one of the most idiotic claims we've read in a while. Try performing a real translation some time, you'll quickly notice the difference in time and effort.

Regarding the "interesting similarities" you're conjuring up, we never once asked users Traductio or klaaas for assistance or input for any of the cases we've published so far (although we do appreciate it very much!). Lauda is a moderator for the Reputation section, we didn't specifically seek her out, she is just doing her job when she confirms our claims (and doing it very well, we might add). Give your conspiracy theories a rest, it's pointless.

We've already written enough about who we are and we certainly don't owe you any further explanations.

Enough said, case closed.
DutchFinity

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:40:45 PM

@DutchFinity

As mentioned before, some similarities on a single-word basis are normal and expected, virtually identical matches of entire texts on a phrase-to-phrase, paragraph-to-paragraph basis is an indisputable sign of copied work. Anyone with a background in translations knows this. There is a reason why all bounty campaigns prohibit any use of Google Translate; it produces what's called "verbum pro verbo" translations. You can learn about here, if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literal_translation

"A sentence is quicker written than when I have to copy paste a sentence from Google and then adjust the result." Wow, that is one of the most idiotic claims we've read in a while. Try performing a real translation some time, you'll quickly notice the difference in time and effort.

Regarding the "interesting similarities" you're conjuring up, we never once asked users Traductio or klaaas for assistance or input for any of the cases we've published so far (although we do appreciate it very much!). Lauda is a moderator for the Reputation section, we didn't specifically seek her out, she is just doing her job when she confirms our claims (and doing it very well, we might add). Give your conspiracy theories a rest, it's pointless.

We've already written enough about who we are and we certainly don't owe you any further explanations.

Enough said, case closed.

Oh, so now the fire comes close you run away? Well you lighted the fire yourself with your trolling messages. So I read correctly that you have asked Traductio for advice? The Legendary / Hero member behind your trolling account has asked newbie Traductio for advice?! The more you talk about yourself the more you expose yourself as the troll you are! And I too can quote from Wikipedia for proof:

Quote from: Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

You can run from this troll exposing turn in this topic, but you can't run from the ugliness within yourself! Remember that!
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:45:37 PM

"We never once asked users Traductio or klaaas for assistance or input for any of the cases we've published so far." So no, you did not read correctly.

Again, we're done here. Enjoy the fire.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: