Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling  (Read 23049 times)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:10:31 PM

Good point, and that's fine.  Garr255 is welcome to say what he wants about Werner without any interference from me, beyond what I post here.  As a point of fact, I never said he couldn't.  I simply wanted him to apologize for lying and using a sock puppet, which he did in the most disingenuous way possible and was ultimately meaningless anyway.  However, unlike Garr, I'm actually honest and will not fire him as a customer, since he did what I requested in letter if not spirit.

This is awesome.  Really very much looking forward to seeing what comes out now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:17:46 PM

I'm curious as to what he'll say as well.  Unless Theymos decides to cover it up, and I don't believe Theymos is that type of person, anything Garr255 says other than admitting it, coming clean and trying to move past it is just going to compound the problem dramatically.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:24:13 PM

I'm curious as to what he'll say as well.  Unless Theymos decides to cover it up, and I don't believe Theymos is that type of person, anything Garr255 says other than admitting it, coming clean and trying to move past it is just going to compound the problem dramatically.

Well he only has four options:

1.  Stop posting about it all - leaving everyone sure he's guilty.
2.  Deny it and ask Theymos to confirm the post never existed (without the request any denial would look weak).
3.  Admit it and apologise etc.
4.  Claim he's still scared you might cancel the order so won't post about it.  Due to your earlier post that would now be unbelievable - as if he believed him posting might make you break your word then he has no reason to believe you won't break it anyway on some other pretext.

2 or 3 are the only sensible ones (depending on whether he did it or not).  If I were to bet on it I'd bet on a period of 1. followed by 3.

Asking Theymos to confirm before you'd made your earlier post was bad tactically.  In poker, on the river, if you're SURE someone's bluffing/has a worse hand then you DON'T call.  You always raise.  If you're telling the truth then you hold the nuts - and a raise was in order.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:26:27 PM

Nice catch, Josh! And from your chat logs its doesn't read to me that blackmail was was being used. Seemed like a fair exchange.

That's a really interesting point as well. Garr has been implying that he's Josh has been explicitly pressing him.

I even said earlier in the thread: "Garr is currently bound by Josh not to defend himself". There's no evidence of that at this point. So I'll have to apologize and retract that statement.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:37:22 PM

I'm curious as to what he'll say as well.  Unless Theymos decides to cover it up, and I don't believe Theymos is that type of person, anything Garr255 says other than admitting it, coming clean and trying to move past it is just going to compound the problem dramatically.

Well he only has four options:

1.  Stop posting about it all - leaving everyone sure he's guilty.
2.  Deny it and ask Theymos to confirm the post never existed (without the request any denial would look weak).
3.  Admit it and apologise etc.
4.  Claim he's still scared you might cancel the order so won't post about it.  Due to your earlier post that would now be unbelievable - as if he believed him posting might make you break your word then he has no reason to believe you won't break it anyway on some other pretext.

2 or 3 are the only sensible ones (depending on whether he did it or not).  If I were to bet on it I'd bet on a period of 1. followed by 3.

Asking Theymos to confirm before you'd made your earlier post was bad tactically.  In poker, on the river, if you're SURE someone's bluffing/has a worse hand then you DON'T call.  You always raise.  If you're telling the truth then you hold the nuts - and a raise was in order.

Seems like a pretty solid list.  I wonder what the Cognitive shareholders over here think about these options going forward.
Vezunchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:48:11 PM

1. Yes, possible (possible !) Garr255 can't be trusted. I even had small dispute with him about "Selling ** The VERY FIRST BFL ASIC Order **" where I decided that this was just an April joke (I still think so). But he answered me quickly after "trust -1", showed me BFL units (or not? Or it was another guy on video?). He offered me Skype demonstration and so.
So I decided that its illogical to continue - it was looking like I was trying to get money from him. I value my reputation (is it important?  Cheesy). So I removed that record.
2. Well people, You are similar to group of old men. They do nothing, and only repeat the senseless things. "Bla-bla-bla scamer. Bla-bla-bla not a scamer. Bla-bla-bla  ethical reasons. Bla-bla-bla future of bitcoins."
If there is some suspicion - just review forum logs (those who can - admins, moderators. Or I can't understand why do they need on this forum.) Who can't just list some facts in short form and wait.
3. And where is Garr255? Just vanished? Is there any login actions for his account for last days? starsoccer9 is an unreal person too? (What about me - my form of speaking is greater than any digital signature  Grin Grin Grin)
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:57:49 PM

Wow, this is really low. I remember garr255 talking about being trusted person and managing other people's money.. here it is

will you use escrow through john until item is shipped.

I was just about to write another post stating that I will not be using an escrow. This is because revenue from this sale will immediately be put into Cognitive's growth fund, which we might need to utilize before BFL ships. Additionally, there should be no trust issues, because I am a fairly trusted person here, managing well over $100k of other peoples' assets, and even a few hundred btc of the forum's money. Cognitive, the company I manage, currently has a market cap of over BTC2000 which I'm quite proud of Smiley

That quote also reveals why mods are stalling with this matter.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:58:24 PM

1. Yes, possible (possible !) Garr255 can't be trusted. I even had small dispute with him about "Selling ** The VERY FIRST BFL ASIC Order **" where I decided that this was just an April joke (I still think so). But he answered me quickly after "trust -1", showed me BFL units (or not? Or it was another guy on video?). He offered me Skype demonstration and so.
So I decided that its illogical to continue - it was looking like I was trying to get money from him. I value my reputation (is it important?  Cheesy). So I removed that record.
2. Well people, You are similar to group of old men. They do nothing, and only repeat the senseless things. "Bla-bla-bla scamer. Bla-bla-bla not a scamer. Bla-bla-bla  ethical reasons. Bla-bla-bla future of bitcoins."
If there is some suspicion - just review forum logs (those who can - admins, moderators. Or I can't understand why do they need on this forum.) Who can't just list some facts in short form and wait.
3. And where is Garr255? Just vanished? Is there any login actions for his account for last days? starsoccer9 is an unreal person too? (What about me - my form of speaking is greater than any digital signature  Grin Grin Grin)
Uhm I am a real person. Yea this will really suck if he runs off
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:03:22 PM

Inaba has been following this and pretty reasonable with the outcome to this point.  It may well be worth asking if some kind of hold could be placed on Garr/Werner's order for your single until this matter is resolved and if he does disappear, perhaps some other arrangement could be met so you get what you were scammed into overpaying for.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Inaba has been following this and pretty reasonable with the outcome to this point.  It may well be worth asking if some kind of hold could be placed on Garr/Werner's order for your single until this matter is resolved and if he does disappear, perhaps some other arrangement could be met so you get what you were scammed into overpaying for.

Makes sense, Josh/Inaba is this possible? I mean there is more then enough proof I actually paid and same goes for Vezunchik.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:16:44 PM

I may be out of the loop here but is garr255 jeff garzik?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:19:38 PM

Yea, that's out of the loop alright. And no, Garzik is not a teenager.

ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:19:54 PM

It would not appear so:

I still have the thread open in my browser as well, looking at it right now as a matter of fact.  In fact, lets post Garr's Skype log to me:

[6/19/2013 3:15:00 AM] Garrett Ian MacDonald: Hi josh.zerlan, I'd like to add you as a contact. Garrett Ian MacDonald
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:20:26 PM

no
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:21:14 PM

Yea, that's out of the loop alright. And no.
just making sure. There were some rumblings on irc about it, i wanted to confirm it was not him.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

And here are Garr's buds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVvuoG303s Matt being the closest.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:31:49 PM

And here are Garr's buds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVvuoG303s Matt being the closest.

Bruno, we've been through this with Atlas. What Garr255 did was wrong, but unless I'm not mistaken, he's still a minor in high school.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:32:44 PM

Unfortunately, while that would seem like a nice thing to do, it seems to me it would set a precedent that puts BFL in the middle of a shitstorm between eBay pre-order scammers and their irate customers.... and opens the door for fake customers of fictional scammers to join the fray also... messy.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
kibblesnbits (OP)

Activity: 557

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:33:07 PM

No.

http://admitmeplease.org/

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:35:49 PM

Unfortunately, while that would seem like a nice thing to do, it seems to me it would set a precedent that puts BFL in the middle of a shitstorm between eBay pre-order scammers and their irate customers.... and opens the door for fake customers of fictional scammers to join the fray also... messy.

Ahhh that's a good point.  Nice in theory but would likely just generate a whole new wave of flak.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: