Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Supporters Welcome SegWit2x Cancellation  (Read 324 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:03:35 PM

According to an article on Cryptocoinnews Bitcoin supporters generally welcome the cancellation of SegWit2x in the wake of disagreement among developers and miners over the proposed solution to the need for a larger bitcoin block size. Crypto observers generally believe the fork would have had a negative impact on bitcoin.

What is your opinion?
Kiridaya

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:08:03 PM

I'm not sure 100% that what I'm saying is valid, but in my opinion, splitting the coin will never be good.
It will just create more room for mistakes and consume more time.
Even if it does enlarge the block size, the fact it "creates" a new coin is just plain annoying in my opinion.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:11:16 PM

I don't know who reacted positively to the cancellation segwit2x but the price of bitcoin fell by $ 1,000. You want to say that this is a positive reaction? Lol. If bitcoin does not change we may be witnessing its collapse. Now in the cryptocurrency market there are many competitors who can offer more favorable conditions. We have become hostage to the greed of miners. Don't understand why users happy.
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:17:59 PM

I'm glad that the fork has been cancelled, but why on earth did the price plunge so much? And why had Bitcoin Cash surged so much?

DrCutterfield

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:19:56 PM

I cannot handle myself. Sorry.
- What mining pool do you trust?
- Boku no BitPico.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:23:34 PM

Bitcoin is going from bad  to worst , and  if the  coming fork won't be cancelled , then no one can guess what would happen
DAVETUN

Activity: 728

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:32:19 PM

The cancellation is a welcome development,To stabilise the growth of bitcoin and avoid distabilization in the crypto world.Thou  I Still feel some thecnicality is attached to the the cancellation
alishawaiz

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:01:55 PM

I was badly stuck in altcoins..so 2x canellation helped me get out of alts.now i am in support of 2x. but before that i was not happy with 2x.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 09:05:12 PM

I'm glad that the fork has been cancelled, but why on earth did the price plunge so much? And why had Bitcoin Cash surged so much?

Bitcoin is not following the white paper promise but bitcoin cash following, hence many people dumping bitcoin for bitcoin cash, i think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:17:15 PM

Bitcoin is not following the white paper promise but bitcoin cash following, hence many people dumping bitcoin for bitcoin cash, i think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin.
There are some truth to what you are telling but with time we need some changes and system upgrades ,bitcoin might not be following the white paper in an exact manner because of the technical aspects but changes are necessary moving forward,there is nothing spectacular in bitcoin cash so that anyone could dump their bitcoin for them,there was unnecessary hype behind the fork but everything went away just like that. Roll Eyes
muncuss

Activity: 720

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:00:56 PM

Too high dream bro
This is probably just a pump, 2x supporter moving their bitcoin to bcash because the cancellation. my opinion  Grin

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:17:19 PM

Actually the cancellation of the fork was a huge relief and a welcomed development as well.
All these too many forks would wreck BTC and reduce people's interest in it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: