Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to get started with writing ASIC Code  (Read 409 times)
pr3m0nition (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:38:45 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge, Or knows where to start with writing the machine language for ASIC's to be able mine. Essentially what i am looking to do is a DIY mini ant miner.

Any links, Or how-to's are appreciated.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:56:16 PM

All the software for miners and pools is open source.  Download it and study.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2545

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:57:04 PM

There is no 'writing machine language for ASICs'. The logic structures are 'hard wired' so to speak into the layout of the dies. There is no programming possible. Only a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) is able to be programmed with a fixed logic structure that simulates the hard coding an ASIC uses. Even then they are still far slower than an ASIC.

Got a strong Computer Science background? You will need one for digging in this deep...

If you mean writing micro controller code to talk to the ASICs - follow vrobb's suggestion.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pr3m0nition (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:34:31 AM

So essentially, The engineers behind the ant miners designed all of the XOR logic behind the asics?

I have looked for said material and have returned nothing.. Maybe i am just not looking in the right areas.

And yes, I Have a little bit of a background in computer science. Just trying to learn as much about this stuff as possible.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 05:11:50 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge, Or knows where to start with writing the machine language for ASIC's to be able mine. Essentially what i am looking to do is a DIY mini ant miner.

Any links, Or how-to's are appreciated.

At a high level, ASIC would be a hardware implementation of SHA-256 hashing algo. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Something like this? https://github.com/secworks/sha256 or this? http://async.org.uk/tech-reports/NCL-EECE-MSD-TR-2011-170.pdf

I just googled for it. I have no idea about the suitability of the links I just gave.

I have used this to try to understand the hashing algo.
https://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/sha256.html

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2545

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:55:18 PM

Actually that Newcastle link is a very good one and spot-on as an introduction to why ASIC solutions are so bloody much faster vs using normal CPU's and math co-porcessors (aka GPU's).

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: