Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refrences to gather "under the hood" information  (Read 427 times)
TheDespite (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:17:19 AM

Hey. I registered to ask if there exists a documentation of bitcoin.
I'm looking for the information required to code a pool and a miner client. 100% academical.

I don't care much for the idea of reading others' source.

Thanks!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:26:22 AM

No.

For better or worse if you are unwilling to look at other's source you are going to go nowhere.
TheDespite (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:31:06 AM

For better or worse if you are unwilling to look at other's source you are going to go nowhere.

You'd think someone would've whipped up something by now... bitcoin being such a large scale business and all.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:32:53 AM

You might want to start with Satoshi's whitepaper.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
TheDespite (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:39:52 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 02:51:34 AM by TheDespite

You might want to start with Satoshi's whitepaper.

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
I'll save the trouble for anyone finding this thread at a later date.

-

The whitepaper is pretty high level and only contains basic information about bitcoin =(
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:23:55 AM

You'd think someone would've whipped up something by now... bitcoin being such a large scale business and all.
This is the exact reason there isn't a lot of well written "academical" papers on bitcoin's technical details.  It is large scale, making such documentation complex and time consuming to create, but there aren't many people willing to pay for someone to put in that effort.  There are plenty of people who are capable of just looking at the source, so rather than paying one person to write documents, and another to write a program based on those documents, most businesses find it to be cheaper to just hire people who can read source to also write the source.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them here, you're likely to get good answers.  Perhaps you'll be the first to actually create some well written and highly useful documentation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: