Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the safest wallet to use?  (Read 1788 times)
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:09:59 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2019, 12:16:46 AM by big_daddy

Should I just write it on a piece of paper? What do you guys use?

depends on the crypto you want to store, but https://jaxx.io/ is user friendly & you have full control on your private keys, https://www.myetherwallet.com/ also
if you are looking for a hardware storage, I suggest you the Nano S https://www.ledgerwallet.com/

Regards.

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErvinWalters

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:24:54 AM

Myetherwallet and ledger are your choice. Safe and simple - what else do you need from a wallet?
zakycrypt

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

I use blockchain wallet for store bitcoin and myetherwallet ( MEW ) for ethereum . But using online wallets for store coins is not safe anyway.  Hardware wallets are very good option if you think about security
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:19:13 AM

I only trust hardware wallets, I have both a Ledger Nano S and Trezor, I am happy with both!
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:48:36 AM

Blackchain.info
I did make one for myself because it was included on the wallet list that most preferable bitcoin wallet.

and you can can make transaction anyone in the world not some wallet in my country that is limited to bitcoin (no other kind of crypto) and our fiat only..

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
rageanurage

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:07:42 PM

if you want bitcoin wallet then blockchain,electrum(now it has some problem),jazz wallet etc.if you store eth or ethereum based token then you need use myetherwallet web wallet,metmask,etc.
COTInetwork

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

Coti - Currency Of The Internet

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

A safe web wallet for example uses a secure socket connection which means https in the url bar and allows you to control the private keys or own these or export to another wallet.

LisaOrange

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:51:55 AM

I personally use Paxful easy, convenient and secure
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:11:15 AM

I only trust hardware wallets, I have both a Ledger Nano S and Trezor, I am happy with both!

paper wallets i also a hardware wallet that is extra safe, it depends on where will you keep the paper wallet

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Silfanbit

Activity: 114
Merit: 3

Fortune-ON!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:47:30 PM

MEW.
myetherwallet is very safe

Empty
Pizaia

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:11:29 AM

I use My ether wallet and Coins.ph Smiley
Volcomstarr

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:41:17 AM

Personally I'm thinking to store all my wallets on a metallic plate (QR code) and copies on plastified paper. I want to store the first in a safe-deposit box in my bank insured for 30.000 € - even if the value of my wallets in theory could be greater - and the latter in a secret and inaccessible place that even CIA can't find Grin As if it isn't enough I'm going to use my personal "system" for the letters and numbers wrote on the paper.

Frankly I don't understand why people don't use safe-deposit box. For less than 30/50€ per year you can keep your box in the vault of a bank. 1 key is for you 1 key is for the guy with a gun that lives in the vault. Evey time you enter you have to sign the attendance register. If your box is stolen or if the bank cannot find it (e.g. earthquake, meteors etc.) the insurance company have to pay out 10-30k (or even more) immediately with real money even if your box was empty. Way better than an USB device in my opinion.

p.s. Yes, I am a bit paranoid Shocked
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:11:16 AM

Personally I'm thinking to store all my wallets on a metallic plate (QR code) and copies on plastified paper. I want to store the first in a safe-deposit box in my bank insured for 30.000 € - even if the value of my wallets in theory could be greater - and the latter in a secret and inaccessible place that even CIA can't find Grin As if it isn't enough I'm going to use my personal "system" for the letters and numbers wrote on the paper.

Frankly I don't understand why people don't use safe-deposit box. For less than 30/50€ per year you can keep your box in the vault of a bank. 1 key is for you 1 key is for the guy with a gun that lives in the vault. Evey time you enter you have to sign the attendance register. If your box is stolen or if the bank cannot find it (e.g. earthquake, meteors etc.) the insurance company have to pay out 10-30k (or even more) immediately with real money even if your box was empty. Way better than an USB device in my opinion.

keeping crypto in bank valut is like shooting yourself in the knee :-)

jieladegennl

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

As the name implies, you record the public key (bitcoin address) and private key on a piece of paper. You can send the bitcoins you get from each bitcoin client to the bitcoin address generated by the paper wallet. P2pbucks provides this service. However, please note that the address and the private key on the paper wallet are public, which increases the chances that the bitcoins will be stolen, so you must protect your paper wallet files!
Volcomstarr

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:53:09 AM

Why? What's your opinion? Don't forget that I am paranoid so I must know it! Grin
CryptoRyuzaki

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 12:57:36 PM

A hardware wallet is the most secure. Regarding the recovery key for the hardware wallet, you can encrypt and store it on a reputed cloud storage.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 04:05:14 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2019, 12:16:58 AM by big_daddy

Why? What's your opinion? Don't forget that I am paranoid so I must know it! Grin

I trust only myself, i am using Nano S (https://www.ledgerwallet.com/) hardware wallet
It has 24 randomly generated memonic key

The banks are against us, against crypto community, do not trust them ;-)

Kigwa143

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:32:39 PM

For me the safest wallet to use is coins.ph because it is the most highly recommended by many people in my country which is the philippines.
JanePorter

Activity: 52
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:02:39 AM

Bitrex, etherdelta and binance are now widely used for trading purposes. I see in this list also bitrex most choosy wallet among the forum member. I also use freewallet, it's a very trustful one.
Whatever wallet you chosee, you have to choose the best coin on daily basis to invest that is enough and make sure all passwords are safe enough and better use clean e-mail to register so that noone try to get your wallet info through it.
chizcake

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:10:58 AM

In my country which is the philippines we use coins.ph because it is the most trusted bitcoin wallet that is being used by many people in my country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: