Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Waves Platform stole my bitcoin  (Read 515 times)
drm88 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:03:57 AM

I sent btc from my waves account to my bitcoin.com wallet and it completely disappeared. No sign of it after 8-9 hours. I copy and pasted my address into the send and instead of going to my wallet it was sent to    3PAs2qSeUAfgqSKS8LpZPKGYEjJKcud9Djr which is apparently belongs to the waves platform in some capacity
- https://support.wavesplatform.com/forums/2-knowledge-base/topics/3455-how-does-the-bitcoin-gateway-work/

I have tried contacting them and got no response. I really think that they are stealing coins from small traders.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:56:43 AM

I sent btc from my waves account to my bitcoin.com wallet and it completely disappeared. No sign of it after 8-9 hours. I copy and pasted my address into the send and instead of going to my wallet it was sent to    3PAs2qSeUAfgqSKS8LpZPKGYEjJKcud9Djr which is apparently belongs to the waves platform in some capacity
- https://support.wavesplatform.com/forums/2-knowledge-base/topics/3455-how-does-the-bitcoin-gateway-work/

I have tried contacting them and got no response. I really think that they are stealing coins from small traders.
Do you have access to your Bitcoin private key or not? if you had access then why would you use a third party and unreliable wallet like Waveslite client?
There is not much that you could do other than waiting for a response from the support team.

🖤😏
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:01:46 AM

I used often waves platftom I notice its not easy to user rather than ethereum contracts. Maybe you had mistakenly use or input the private keys thats why you lose your btc. Because when I use waves my btc was safe and secured in waves platform.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Jack2512

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:38:11 PM

It happened to me the same thing yesterday!!!!!! Cry
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:42:44 PM

I was thinking i am the only one was surprised i came across this. It also happened to me.
Pixmartz

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:07:25 PM

Yes, it seems the bitcoin network is overloaded, and many transactions are pending. some wallet exchangers also experience the same thing

I'm not sure if you mention waves like that. Is there evidence of Transaction delivery from the original wallet?
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 06:09:02 PM

this would be a bad image damagin occurence for waves, now what if anti wave competitors would act such occurences and tell us them publicly,

god save us from this propaganda war.

gorky0

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:10:40 PM

Yes, it seems the bitcoin network is overloaded, and many transactions are pending. some wallet exchangers also experience the same thing

I'm not sure if you mention waves like that. Is there evidence of Transaction delivery from the original wallet?
evidence? they just shit to waves. fud fud fud alarm.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:40:22 PM

this is your own mistake, you should check your private key again. if you think, for what a great platform stoles your BTC that is not how much? they are richer, they have more money. you should not blame origin, check your private key again.

xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:03:10 PM

I have been using the waves platform for quite aome time now. And I can really say that i haven't had any problems about it in the past until today. I ak thinking that because of how complicated it is to use, you might have dis somethijg wrong. I think this purely is just a human error. So next time check every detail if it is really correct. So you won't have to go over this again
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:07:06 PM

Correct. For the topic owner, waves platform never steal something from you, it's decentralized. This pending situation is because of bitcoin network's slownedd and the blockchain is extremeley busy these days.

My transactions are pending as well.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:07:56 PM

Are you serious, Is bitcoin.com not use by Bcash team, if you sent Bitcoin to Bcash wallet then you can't blame waves team about that but yourself to blame. I believe Roger Ver is the owner of Bitcoin.com

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:38:36 PM

In waves platform! You can not sent direction bitcoin to your waves address! You need to send to bitcoin address provice by waves platform! Check care when you sent huge btc to it
LoveBitcoinChainge

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:54:08 PM

Did the OP get a resolution?

About 10 hours ago, I sent 0.009 Eth from my waves account using the lite client, to my EtherBase account.
I checked this morning to see if I received it into my Etherbase account. No!!!!! I am yet to receive Eth into my Etherbase account.
Instead, it was sent to 3PAs2qSeUAfgqSKS8LpZPKGYEjJKcud9Djr according to transaction history.

It looks like 3PAs2qSeUAfgqSKS8LpZPKGYEjJKcud9Djr is the gateway? of Waves Platform

LoveBitcoinChainge

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:53:52 PM

To update what went wrong...

The Eth token didnt show up in the account even after 3 days.

I contacted the support team at Waves and they were fast at answering.
They gave me an Etherscan showing that it was transferred about 2.75 days ago.

So thank you Waves for helping me out.

So still no Eth coin in my Etherbase account!!!!!!!!

So what went wrong?

My Etherbase account or Mist Ethereum account as its called, was not syncing.
Hence it wasnt showing I received my Eth Coin.

Turns out the time on my computer was slightly off by a few seconds. Therefore taking a long time to sync (2 weeks already)
By setting my computer time to time.nist.gov, I was able to sync my Ethereum wallet over night.

Jwalla! I have my Eth coin in my account.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:09:22 PM

Do you have access to your Bitcoin private key or not? if you had access then why would you use a third party and unreliable wallet like Waveslite client?

He probably wanted to buy some tokens or waves into the Waves decentralised exchange, so you do need to send your bitcoin into it if you want to trade. There are a number of possibilities like wrong copy/paste, slow transactions, ... potentially it could be anything. Now, the last thing I would think about is that the Waves platform is taking people´s bitcoins.
francojon

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:13:44 PM

In waves platform! You can not sent direction bitcoin to your waves address! You need to send to bitcoin address provice by waves platform! Check care when you sent huge btc to it

Oh my, of course, you need to send bitcoin to a bitcoin address not to your waves address, that is so basic that I cannot even imagine to do it in a different manner. If that is what you have done there is not that much left to do I am afraid. I really hope that it was not a large ammount.

The wallet itself is very clear, you have a $ symbol and once you access you go to the Bitcoin symbol and have a deposit button. It is very intuitive IMO.

francojon

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:18:53 PM

To update what went wrong...

The Eth token didnt show up in the account even after 3 days.

I contacted the support team at Waves and they were fast at answering.
They gave me an Etherscan showing that it was transferred about 2.75 days ago.

So thank you Waves for helping me out.

So still no Eth coin in my Etherbase account!!!!!!!!

So what went wrong?

My Etherbase account or Mist Ethereum account as its called, was not syncing.
Hence it wasnt showing I received my Eth Coin.

Turns out the time on my computer was slightly off by a few seconds. Therefore taking a long time to sync (2 weeks already)
By setting my computer time to time.nist.gov, I was able to sync my Ethereum wallet over night.

Jwalla! I have my Eth coin in my account.

Oh, ok, glad to know that you eventually shorted it out. You have chosen a very "safe" way of storing and using your ether, as you are, as I understand it, syncing the whole ETH chain and using it locally with Mist. However, I would recommend that for easy of use you install metamask or at least use MyEtherwallet. Just create an account and transfer an small amount of Eth to have it handy. Normally, it is very unlikely that you´ll have problems.
systemz

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

From my waves wallet  was stealed 601 waves, they was leased
when i log in leasing was canceled and 601 waves was send to other adress!
i wasnt do it
Company said can help!
can give all info and screenshots
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:04:01 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 08:31:22 AM by legendster

Necro-ing this to post this information which might be useful to someone else googling the same address : 3PAs2qSeUAfgqSKS8LpZPKGYEjJKcud9Djr

https://support.wavesplatform.com/en/knowledge-bases/2/articles/3455-what-is-a-payment-gateway-and-how-does-it-work

It is their Official gateway address aka Wavesing Node.

Transfers from clients to your own wallet would always go through this gateway. No need to panic just wait a few minutes or hours depending on the network speed. Nobody stole anything from you. This issue has been documented before on reddit and everywhere else.

They have also verified the same on a tweet :
https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/993097213348925447

Wayback Archive

And here is their FAQ section explaining the process further :

https://support.wavesplatform.com/en/knowledge-bases/2/articles/15849-how-to-receive-and-send-bitcoin

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██