View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:00:29 AM

It has become a common practice to launch an ethereum token and just dump it .

A new token and a new airdrop is being done every day. A new project is launched, then airdropped. A telegram group is created where all sort of big promises are made. Every one is asked to make donations or buy the coins on etherdelta to support the project and raise the price and when dev feels he just dumps all the remaining coins and vanish.

I just can't forget that evening , when I was having discussion with ethergold dev in their discord group, he made so many promises and I went ahead and bought 1 eth worth coins. Next day morning when I wake up , everything was gone. There was no website, no discord .

Now these guys have started a new thing, they ask for 0.01 or 0.001 eth donation for donation. They call it anti scam check.

Even though the B2X was called off that day, a B2X on ether was launched .

Is there a way to stop this. Can we take any legal action?

If someone takes a legal action against one of these I think it would set an example and this might stop. But I know it will not be easy as there are countries which have no or very week cyber laws. But still I want to do something about this. Lot of newbies get burned due to this. Its bringing bad name to crypto too.

That's the unique thing about the crypto community, everyone is free to propose an idea why everyone is equally free to either accept or ignore them you chose to accept his empty promises. The issue of legality here would be possible if you know the location the individual is resident and also if the crypto currency is developed to the point it can be heard in the court of law at the his place of residence or else, it will just be an endless journey without victory because justice in some other part in the world, is more scare than air.

However, there is a saying that 'prevention is better than cure' and that's where you should focus on rather than the above route. You have seen the way its being done, you have learnt your lessons move on and never fall for such. Create awareness so others won't fall more because for you to have been duped, others have been duped as well.
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:05:59 PM

I believe that this goes beyond the authorities, is a problem that must be solved by the same community of cryptocurrencies, place more restrictive requirements when allowing these airdrops, and have more reasoning from us investors to not leave that they cheat us and make these scammers public
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:30:41 PM

That is one of the main reasons why some other countries are starting to regulate cryptocurrency exchanges and ICOs because of a huge money that is being involve inside of it and the people who used to invest their hard earned money are being scam by different crypto related investment companies that promises a money in return after they develop something with their ideas.

Almost anyone can really create their very own ICOs though because the laws in here is not that concrete so being vigilant is the number one priority as there are no 100% assurance in everything.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:55:39 PM

And they are spamming inboxes on bitcointalk. I got an invitation to something called fidget spinner coin or whatever. ETH based coin of course Wink
They will keep making money on it until people learn and start being cautious. The same thing was being done with fake mining hardware companies that asked you to preorder non existing miners and cloud mining companies that made you buy mining power they didn't have. The only way is to ask them for as many personal details as possible and ask them questions about the project or just stay away from new altcoins made by an unknown dev team.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:38:51 AM

You can't take any legal action unless the country you are in has already passed legislation regulating them. Some countries have already done this, with some even going to the extreme of outright outlawing them.

If you don't live in one of these countries, then I suppose the best you could do is simply spread awareness. ICOs can be legitimate, but the current overwhelming majority are scams that are designed to run away with your money. Just tell it like it is. One less scammed investor a day can add up and go a long way.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:26:21 AM

Before try to invest, make sure that you've fully observe the ICO project because there is no guarantee that the project will keep running.
Just think before start to invest, cryptocurrency is not ordinary investation, it's a risk investation so you must prepare for lossing rather than winning.
Make sure do not click any unknown link for prevent any malware attempt since criminal getting advance from time to time.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:52:38 AM

Before try to invest, make sure that you've fully observe the ICO project because there is no guarantee that the project will keep running.
Just think before start to invest, cryptocurrency is not ordinary investation, it's a risk investation so you must prepare for lossing rather than winning.
Make sure do not click any unknown link for prevent any malware attempt since criminal getting advance from time to time.

Yes that's absolutely in danger of possible malware attacks so we better be careful and always be safe when checking those link associated with the so called project ICO. Those ico that has signs of scams might have no records on selling histories on ether scan, that's why we really need to check the website or any whitepaper or ann thread discussions. With that ample ways you can determine the actual scenario on how the ether token will be successfully be launched at tradings site or might be a failure.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:14:07 AM

Recently, Russia has proposed an Agency called Crypto Detective Agency for the only purpose of filtering ICOs and new projects like this, where every new project of ICO being launched will be registered under them and in case they try to scam their investors and try to run away with the money, there will be legal actions taken against them. I think such things should be introduced everywhere to make a safer environment for crypto investors. As mentioned in OP, now a days, because of the excessive scam attempts, a person would think 10 times before investing somewhere because their trust is broken a lot of times already. If there will be authorities monitoring these ICOs, there will probably be no such things in future.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:14:19 PM

A new token and a new airdrop is being done every day. A new project is launched, then airdropped. A telegram group is created where all sort of big promises are made. Every one is asked to make donations or buy the coins on etherdelta to support the project and raise the price and when dev feels he just dumps all the remaining coins and vanish.

I just can't forget that evening , when I was having discussion with ethergold dev in their discord group, he made so many promises and I went ahead and bought 1 eth worth coins. Next day morning when I wake up , everything was gone. There was no website, no discord .

Now these guys have started a new thing, they ask for 0.01 or 0.001 eth donation for donation. They call it anti scam check.

If someone takes a legal action against one of these I think it would set an example and this might stop. But I know it will not be easy as there are countries which have no or very week cyber laws. But still I want to do something about this. Lot of newbies get burned due to this. Its bringing bad name to crypto too.

Get used to it and this cycle would really continue as long there are fools who do easily fall for these promises and same thing as you experienced i experience it too which do really sucks and really a waste of money.This is why we should really be careful on selecting potential ones rather than on doing random putting up money on some newly launched airdrops. Sweet promises of devs are common to lure in new investors but the main agenda here is that they would really dump all of their coins once they do accumulate enough to get from its people.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:35:22 PM

Yes that's absolutely in danger of possible malware attacks so we better be careful and always be safe when checking those link associated with the so called project ICO. Those ico that has signs of scams might have no records on selling histories on ether scan, that's why we really need to check the website or any whitepaper or ann thread discussions. With that ample ways you can determine the actual scenario on how the ether token will be successfully be launched at tradings site or might be a failure.
If you are a wise investor you would really do such thing on which you would really make investigations and research regarding on a project. Back in my newbie days I do carelessly invest and mistakes molds me to be a smarter person regarding on this field.If you are really careless and which do easily fall on some too good to be true offer or verification without knowing that you are either download virus or being phished already.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:49:27 PM

And they are spamming inboxes on bitcointalk. I got an invitation to something called fidget spinner coin or whatever. ETH based coin of course Wink
They will keep making money on it until people learn and start being cautious. The same thing was being done with fake mining hardware companies that asked you to preorder non existing miners and cloud mining companies that made you buy mining power they didn't have. The only way is to ask them for as many personal details as possible and ask them questions about the project or just stay away from new altcoins made by an unknown dev team.

I can relate with this and since I cannot stop anybody from sending PM and even if I block the username, who knows another username that will do that again but at the same time, I can bring myself to just ignore. I got one that was saying its the highest price token for me to join their Telegram channel which I know from there, other things will follow. What we can do is to continue to enlighten people and people themselves to always be ready to read about what they are being introduced to in other not to fall victim.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:45:27 PM

ICO market has become very similar to ponzi market. 95 out of 100 ICOs are scam. They are just raising investment from the market by promising a great product but eventually runs away with the money. The legal action is not a particularly feasible solution unless you know the scammers behind it and their location. Only governments can pass a new law to control this illegal activity.

China has already banned ICO, Canada has started cracking down the ICOs that are popping up from their soil and doing shady things. We need a proper legislative framework provided by the governments to cut down such illegal activity.

Even though I don't invest in ICO, but I always try to check details about the developers before joining any bounty program. Good ICO with a proper future plan usually shares their developer details and the linked in profiles. Try to see the age of those linked in profiles and if you see that those profiles are recently created, avoid that ICO. There ate lot of ICOs who Don't bother to provide their team details, avoid them at any cost. Try to find real profile that are old in linkedin. They are less likely to scam people because their real identity is publicized.

MoonJeina

Activity: 652
Merit: 250

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:43:50 PM

Its very sad to say , but the bitter truth is more than half of ICOs are mere shit . Everyday hundreds of ICO bounties are seen and out of them 10 might be genuine , other are just scams .
This has happened to many investors that they invested in some wrong/scam altcoin. But by doing this they ultimately learn their lessons .
To prevent this i would say , you must join the air drops and Icos of trusted managers as they would not like to have their repuation ruined for some scam . Other then that i would say , " do your research properly before indulging" . Look out for the market values and take suggestions from experts before diving in for scams.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████▀▀         ▀▀███
████████▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
██████▀  ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
████▀  ▄██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
███▀  ██████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▀  █████▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
██  ▀███▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
██    ▀██▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
██  █▄  ▀████████▀  ▄██████
██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
████████     INDUSTRY LEADING BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     ████████
LIVE
STREAMING
DAILY PRICE
BOOSTS
LIVE DEALER
CASINO
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄█▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
████  ▄  ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
███  ▀█▀   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
██  ▄    █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
██    ▄██  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
███  ▀████  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
████  ▀████  ▀████▄    ████
█████▄   ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
████████▀▀ █████ ▀▀████████
█████▀    ▄█████▄    ▀█████
██████▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄██████
███▀███▀ ▄███▀███▄ ▀███▀███
██   █ ▄██▀     ▀██▄ █   ██
██   █ ██         ██ █   ██
██   █ ▀██▄▄█ █▄▄██▀ █   ██
███▄███▄ ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ▄███▄███
██████▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀██████
█████▄    ▀█████▀    ▄█████
████████▄▄ █████ ▄▄████████

[.
WIN WITH US!
]
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:05:03 PM

I think you experience a campaign that dont go well so they not pay you so the answer in that question is dont join if the campaign is not trusted like the payments will be done after 2 months because that is so long to wait and think why they pay after a month the answer is because they dont know also what will happen in the campaign

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:57:17 AM

Recently, Russia has proposed an Agency called Crypto Detective Agency for the only purpose of filtering ICOs and new projects like this, where every new project of ICO being launched will be registered under them and in case they try to scam their investors and try to run away with the money, there will be legal actions taken against them. I think such things should be introduced everywhere to make a safer environment for crypto investors. As mentioned in OP, now a days, because of the excessive scam attempts, a person would think 10 times before investing somewhere because their trust is broken a lot of times already. If there will be authorities monitoring these ICOs, there will probably be no such things in future.

I agree that this should be implemented everywhere so that those scammers would think twice before scamming people given that there is already a legal action that can be done in case they fail to deliver their promises. Moreover, people should always be careful when it comes to investing especially in cryptocurrencies because most of the time, we don't know the people behind those names or even if you can see their faces in the announcement thread, there is still a possibility that those are not their true faces. You should always do your due diligence because you work hard for your maoney so you should not just easily give it to someone without knowing if it is legit or not.

When it comes to token, anyone can just issue it and then add an additional name to an already existing one like OP mentioned Ethergold. The project is already fishy especially if they are asking for donation and then do a random airdrop without even a website and roadmap. Many of them just post airdrop and then ask for information without even mentioning what their project is all about and what are their goals.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:06:52 AM

Anything about crypto is full of risks. Investing on ICO means you understand that you can loose your money anytime because its anonymous. Invest in ICO doesn't mean you invest on companies, you only buy the tokens.
- Don't ever invest in ICO which doesn't provide the real picture and bio of the team.
- it is better when they provide a real address of the company
- look at the who.is website. Look the website age.
- make sure they can explain clearly about the idea.
- Don't invest in one man action ICO. A good project always have a solid team.
And don't forget about the advisors, it could be an added value.

Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:28:50 AM

Anything about crypto is full of risks. Investing on ICO means you understand that you can loose your money anytime because its anonymous. Invest in ICO doesn't mean you invest on companies, you only buy the tokens.
- Don't ever invest in ICO which doesn't provide the real picture and bio of the team.
- it is better when they provide a real address of the company
- look at the who.is website. Look the website age.
- make sure they can explain clearly about the idea.
- Don't invest in one man action ICO. A good project always have a solid team.
And don't forget about the advisors, it could be an added value.

Because it may sound alluring but that is just normal for an ICO. Sometimes the most generous and kind team that answers question of each and every user has a high tendency of being a short plan ICO. Their are also others who really want be part of the community and it can become successful also.
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

I believe that this goes beyond the authorities, is a problem that must be solved by the same community of cryptocurrencies, place more restrictive requirements when allowing these airdrops, and have more reasoning from us investors to not leave that they cheat us and make these scammers public

That is right since crypto currency is decentralized no specific authority can implement laws about it and it will be the members of the community who can stop this knid of scams. Well reason why people are getting scam is becasue they also want to take advantage of some free items or because of their greed.
Haiduongbg

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 05:28:44 AM

Maybe, we should have a decentralised community ico rating website, where people will get paid for their reviews, so we can give warning signs to investors
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: