Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where/how to buy BTC  (Read 924 times)
n00bsaibot (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:51:37 AM

Hello, I have been reading on here for days and still cant figure out where to buy BTC for USD. See that many on here having issues with Coinbase and Kraken.

Any other legit places?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:59:04 AM

I think Coinbase is still the best place to buy using USD in my opinion. I think it still remains the most trusted. Maybe try buying using a small amount of USD just to be sure? If you wanted to buy with something like PayPal though, try using localbitcoins.com

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
n00bsaibot (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:02:55 AM

...... It is a nice place to buy and also exchange it for altcoins....

Like that "nice place" part. Will look them up
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:23:03 AM

Everybody's experience will be different from time to time when you deal with bitcoin service provider. I have been using coinbase for many years and I do not have any problem with them. You can also meet people one on one to trading  bitcoin USD. But you must learn how to do this kind of trading. All the resource you will ever need is on bitcointalk.
n00bsaibot (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:32:08 PM

Everybody's experience will be different from time to time when you deal with bitcoin service provider. I have been using coinbase for many years and I do not have any problem with them. You can also meet people one on one to trading  bitcoin USD. But you must learn how to do this kind of trading. All the resource you will ever need is on bitcointalk.

I get that forums posts are based on personal experiences/opinions and I do appreciate your answer. I will definitely read a bit more before I put any $$$.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:00:03 PM

Hello, I have been reading on here for days and still cant figure out where to buy BTC for USD. See that many on here having issues with Coinbase and Kraken.

Any other legit places?

I personally prefer Localbitcoins platform for all my buying selling requirements. They are not a direct exchanger but they provide a platform and a free escrow facility to safely execute such trades. Once you log in, you will see open trade offers from your country. Open a trade request, then transfer the amount to the seller's bank account, receive the agreed amount of bitcoins to your wallet. However, don't try with a very big amount at the initial stage.instead do small transactions just to be on a safer side.

EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:12:06 PM

Whatever you do, dont use coinbase, you are going to get a lot of issues in there and it is the worst exchange that has ever existed. Better to use localbitcoins and buy your own bitcoins to the person that you most trust.
Because it is a p2p exchange, you can choose to deal directly to the seller in person and it would be a much more safer operation, i really suggest this exchange to you.
I sell my bitcoins to a guy who is always buying bitcoins, and all the transactions are smoothly.
It is the best exchange that bitcoin has at the moment.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

flowpify

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:21:00 PM

Bit panda worked pretty nice for me, and the fees were quite low actually compared to coinbase
n00bsaibot (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:06:12 AM

Any other legit places?

I personally prefer Localbitcoins platform for all my buying selling requirements. They are not a direct exchanger but they provide a platform and a free escrow facility to safely execute such trades. Once you log in, you will see open trade offers from your country. Open a trade request, then transfer the amount to the seller's bank account, receive the agreed amount of bitcoins to your wallet. However, don't try with a very big amount at the initial stage.instead do small transactions just to be on a safer side.

Seems like most of the ppl on here had pretty good experience with localbitcon so I will try a small amount there for starters.
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:54:38 AM

According to me coinbase would be your best option to buy bitcoins for USD.
They are trusted and the transaction is fast .
I would also like to suggest Xapo ,they are also trust worthy and I have used both of them and was thoroughly satisfied.
n00bsaibot (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:00:28 AM

According to me coinbase would be your best option to buy bitcoins for USD.
They are trusted and the transaction is fast .
I would also like to suggest Xapo ,they are also trust worthy and I have used both of them and was thoroughly satisfied.

Will make a decision this week ... currently reading FAQs and reviews for all of previously mentioned sites
hari9981

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:00:50 AM

I think coinbase is a great place for you to trade. because buy with USD money .. it's just necessary conversion anntara local money anada to USD form so you can do transaction. for other places you can use poloniex or bittrex because I think both platforms are good.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:25:09 AM

Any other legit places?

Coinbase is a legitimate place to buy Bitcoins. You have to set up your account and supply some identification and a bank account to draft your US dollars from. Once you get that all set up, you can buy Bitcoins, Litecoin, or Etherium.

Another place to buy is localbitcoins but I have not bought through that website. My understanding is that you can use this site to find people in local area that can meet you to make a transaction in person.
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

Any other legit places?

Bittrex also good exchnage that you buy bitcoin just for holding maybe trading.
They have many options of altcoin too. So you can try to trade altcoin too.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:26:15 AM

Any other legit places?
Well, I never have any issue with coinbase before but you can buy bitcoin through this forum members and the only thing you have to do is create a thread for it and can also use exchange like localbitcoin, yobit, gemini,gdax etc.

criptolover12

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:30:51 AM

I haven't use yet but cex.io is another popular btc seller.

localbitcoins is also very popular but you need to find trustable seller.

OAX - REAL WORLD APPLICATION OF DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES - V1
■  Hold your own keys - Liquidity Aggregation - Open and Transparent  ■
■ ■ WebsiteTeamWPTWPProject DeckANNBounty ANN ■ ■
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:53:07 AM

You can also try Xapo.com although its transaction fee is quite high compared to other exchange sites but they are legit and are safe to use. I've tried to use Xapo using my credit card and it worked perfectly fine and fast as well.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:54:23 AM

Any other legit places?

You can use exchanges like bittrex or poloniex or else you can buy in localbitcoins also where all types of currency and users are their which supports lot of fiat currency transactions.
n00bsaibot (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:12:04 PM

You can also try Xapo.com although its transaction fee is quite high compared to other exchange sites but they are legit and are safe to use. I've tried to use Xapo using my credit card and it worked perfectly fine and fast as well.

What is considered to be a high fee?
Yhan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:58:12 PM

Here in the Philippines we used coins.ph as our bitcoin wallet. We have some bank, remittances and  7-eleven where we have to cash-in and have balance in our Philippine wallet in cpins.ph and then convert that peso in bitcoin. That is our way of buying btc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: