Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:35:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Rig setup  (Read 202 times)
anilmaddala (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:14:46 AM

I am setting up a Nvidia GPU rig. The problem is I will be physically away for most of the time.

Currently I am using Ubuntu 16 , just because its free and I am used to it.

In case of a fatal crash, is there a way to remotely flash and setup everything (CUDA & miner)?

Did anyone else run into similar situation? I am currently looking at simplemining OS and modifying the Ubuntu image if possible. Also I am open to using Windows OS if needed.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
healix21

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:12:08 AM

I am using windows 10 and sometimes i leave my RIG alone mining. There are also times that my Mining Rig Reboot for unknown reason. But i have it all set up. Once the PC restarts. It will automatically launch the miner. If there is a sudden power outage, My MoBo power options is set up on "POWER ON" in case of "POWER LOSS". As for the monitoring if you're away, You can use teamviewer on your Phone, i don't know if Teamviewer works on Ubuntu though.

p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:17:46 AM

I used to have teamviewer in all my running PCs in order to monitor the status of the miner. You can reboot your machines with teamviewer. You can easily code a script in order to reboot every now and then your rig.
If the problem is the internet connection, perhaps you can have a USB modem (or more) to make sure you won't lose the signal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: