Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most important variable in a altcoin Appreciation ?  (Read 210 times)
BlockJohn (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:51:30 AM

To an altcoin to be able to appreciate in the future, what is the most important variable ?
   - size of the potential market ?
   - traction of the project ? (#users currently)
   - technology (Github) ?
   - team ?
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:55:43 AM

For me, the size of the market is very important.
What is the volume of the transactions in that market ? Because the altcoin will be used in those transactions.
This article from Chris Burniske explains this: https://medium.com/@cburniske/cryptoasset-valuations-ac83479ffca7

Having this my favourite altcoin is https://appcoins.io.
The potential market is the app stores market ($40B a year) and the traction of the Aptoide app store is huge. Compare them using Google Trends, adding Kin/Kik which ICO is over:
   https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=kik,younow,aptoide
MarmeladeSteve

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:58:40 AM

Being backed up by institutional investors is also good.
Blackcloud

Activity: 111

GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:05:18 AM

The size of the market that the project can disrupt is very important. Healthcare and Fintech are some of the biggest market, and there will be a lot of opportunities for a good project to grow in these markets as it's easier to generate a lot transactions, which will make the token appreciate in value over time. 

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:13:21 AM

in my opinion, before I decided to invest into an altcoin I look the team developers because the developer is the backbone of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. branding and marketing, how the developer deal with the marketing. Community, with massive amount community the project marketing, can be helped by the community to spread the project, and how supportiveness the community to the project and last is infrastructure, With a good team of developers and community, infrastructure around the altcoin will quickly follow so it gives a lot of benefit to the project.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:29:18 AM

the developer or the team behind the coin,its existing product,shor term and long term plans,investors joined etc. theres a lot of things to consider before we invest.
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:33:20 AM

in my opinion, before I decided to invest into an altcoin I look the team developers because the developer is the backbone of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. branding and marketing, how the developer deal with the marketing. Community, with massive amount community the project marketing, can be helped by the community to spread the project, and how supportiveness the community to the project and last is infrastructure, With a good team of developers and community, infrastructure around the altcoin will quickly follow so it gives a lot of benefit to the project.
I understand your point.
But we see so many good developers that are not able to create a user base.
But I agree that without good developers, you are not able to have a good product and a good platform.
rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:53:59 AM

Altcoin Social Proof,How many other investors/users believe in the project.This is one of the most important metrics to evaluate a cryptocurrency as it is the results of all the other metric combined.Coin market cap or a total value of a crypto-coin is also a form of social proof.The total value of a coin is the result of investors voting with their wallets for the coin or against.
Clausewitz

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:21:47 AM

Team should be in the first place. The idea is worth nothing if you can't make it happen.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:52:48 PM

It takes a team to make a project successful, not a one man gang. 
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 05:18:40 PM

To an altcoin to be able to appreciate in the future, what is the most important variable ?
   - size of the potential market ?
   - traction of the project ? (#users currently)
   - technology (Github) ?
   - team ?

If I had to pick one I would say the users and community behind the project but at the same time it would be very close with how the market is trending. Because you could have an awesome project but if the market is bare

you must really stand out whereas if market is bull almost anything can take off. I am torn but I will stick with community being more important overall.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: