Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:46:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best domains for ICO?  (Read 929 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:53:06 AM

If you're working on an ICO project, then the best domain to use would be ".io". Why .io? Well, as you probably already know, .io stands for input/output, especially when talking about something related to the tech scene. It is the perfect domain for a company striving to incorporate technological development and innovation into their projects or simply, a startup company.

So to put it together, if your project has something to do with technology, say, Blockchain, then this is the best domain for you to use. Unless, of course, if it is different.

hmm jes .io is nice and has become a standard, i still use .com though, and .io is more xpensive than com its 5 usd per month

zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:48:38 AM

I think ".io", but also  I think you can register in ".com", ".net" , ".org". Domain should be short, better without "-" or numbers.
I doubt if this will affect the success of ICO. there are many factors that affect it, I'm not sure this really works.
too simple  Grin
Serge_Quantor (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Quantitative investments in decentralized ecomomy

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:29:55 PM

Hello everyone!

What are the best domains and subdomains for ICO landing page?
How do you think?

Thanks to everyone!
And, what do you think is better for ICO - to setup additional subdomain name on your existing web site like ico.quantor.co or just setup new one like Quantor.ai (or smth like that)?

I think it's better to just use the root domain name instead of a subdomain.
First of all, it's easier for people to remember and recognize it and looks more professional in my opinion.

Why would you use a subdomain?

Many thanks for your opinion!

Serge_Quantor (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:46:53 PM

If you're working on an ICO project, then the best domain to use would be ".io". Why .io? Well, as you probably already know, .io stands for input/output, especially when talking about something related to the tech scene. It is the perfect domain for a company striving to incorporate technological development and innovation into their projects or simply, a startup company.

So to put it together, if your project has something to do with technology, say, Blockchain, then this is the best domain for you to use. Unless, of course, if it is different.

hmm jes .io is nice and has become a standard, i still use .com though, and .io is more xpensive than com its 5 usd per month

Thank you!

Serge_Quantor (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:58:37 PM

If you are issuing an ERC20 token over the Ethereum blockchain, you can get a ".eth" domain to use as a wallet instead of the 42-digit hex address Smiley

You can find these names at:
- ENSListing(.)com
- NameBazaar(.)io

It can be used as a wallet and to further legitimize your project. Plus, it stops it from being able to easily be duplicated because it's human-readable - in addition to you beautiful ".io" subdomain, of course!. Goodluck!

That's very interesting. Many thanks!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: