Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal accept bitcoin  (Read 4824 times)
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:31:28 PM

PayPal is a technology marvel, similar to that is our bitcoin. Both differ based on the platform which makes them effective. Long back itself Peter Thiel of PayPal said, if he has known about bitcoin before PayPal he could have used it for all sort of transactions. Also said based on the necessity might incorporate the bitcoin into PayPal for usage in the future.
jekjekey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:49:25 PM

Paypal accept btc for any transactions was good paypal makes transactions fast and better easiest way to provide your needs because of paypal they have atm now and simple to transacts btc converted your earnings it will possible. Smiley
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:26:02 PM

bitcoin is the strongest today and hunted and used very much  as a means of payment online can even be received in various currency exchange in various countries. bitcoin has exceeded paypal
Yeah it is the currency of the year and the bitcoin is now being more and more famous to have the huge potential as the currency and the money now a lot of the malls are selling the goods just for the bitcoin and it has the source of the bitcoin buying and the bitcoin shopping so if you are having the bitcoin and you want to use the bitcoin online shopping it is not very tough and the sites will give you the best source for it.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:30:09 PM

1) Do you think about this news will happen ?
2) Do you think paypal may accept bitcoin in next years (3-7) or it is impossible ?
3) Do you think bitcoin will be better than paypal ? when will happen ?
4) which better for now PP or BTC ?

1. No, I don't see any reasons why Paypal would accept bitcoin and I would rather see that they are in competition.

2. No, I would rather believe that paypal would accept any other e-currencies which is centralized or being created by government.

3.No one knows since we do able to see that bitcoin isn't been known yet globally unlike on tradition paypal.

4. They do have their own path way but when it comes on tradition payment system being used by people online then paypal is well known.

frances21co

Activity: 59
Merit: 12

Think more

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:05:57 AM

Never never never, there is no reason why a bank based service should accept the technology that will destroy banks

|% $ # @ (https://forcenetwork.io/)|      FORCENETWORK | The Internet. Redefined. (https://forcenetwork.io/)      |@ # $ % (https://forcenetwork.io/)|
INTRODUCING THE WORLD'S 1ST: Decentralized Scalable Network (DSNS) Solution. (https://forcenetwork.io/)
Website (https://forcenetwork.io) | ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235937Cool | Discord (http://chat.forcenetwork.io) | Twitter (https://twitter.com/forcenetworkio) | Telegram (https://t.me/forcenetworkio) | Reddit (https://reddit.com/r/forcenetwork) | Medium (https://medium.com/@forcenet)
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:38:52 PM

Never never never, there is no reason why a bank based service should accept the technology that will destroy banks
Yes and it will happen because now a lot of the banks are even accepting the bitcoin and it is the reason why the bitcoin is helping the people to save the future and if he banks and the paypal will accept the bitcoin it will increase the bitcoin value and the price to some more extent I am use to with the bitcoin and it is just because I am having the information and the knowledge so I think it is the good news of the year now.
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:02:24 PM

2) Do you think paypal may accept bitcoin in next years (3-7) or it is impossible ?
You can expect anything to happen in the future. I am very much sure that this will happen and that too in very near future. There is nothing impossible in this world. You should always hope for the best. Bitcoin is definitely far better than that of PayPal. It will help you in living a comfortable life and you’ll be able to earn a very good amount of money by investing in bitcoin.
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:53:30 PM

I think subject of thread should be changed to "Future of Bitcoin in PayPal" as the subject "PayPal accept Bitcoin" makes one think that PayPal has started accepting Bitcoin as payment method which is not true. Clearly, because PayPal thinks Bitcoin as a rival and also commented against Bitcoin whenever they got chance to diminish its value. I think PayPal will try every method to stay away from Bitcoin but with increase in demand they may need to change their plans and integrate Bitcoin as payment method.
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:23:44 PM

1 until now, paypal never announcement or update news statement about bitcoin
2 i think very dificult paypal accepted bitcoin, bitcoin competitor and bitcoin still not yet regulation in big country china or USA, if paypal accepted can big problem about money laundry
3 this now bitcoin is above paypal, but about transaction in online store, paypal still above bitcoin, because all big market place sample ebay accepted paypal,
4 point 4 is ready answer in point 3
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:53:13 AM

1) I don't think this will happen any time soon. If it does, I think paypal will end up fining it because it's not in their best interest to hold bitcoin.
2) It's possible that if bitcoin gains some higher ground and it's a lot less volatile that Paypal would accept it, but I don't think that will happen soon. Maybe by 5 years? Not too sure right now.
3) I don't think Paypal is better than bitcoin, but I do believe that paypal has a larger user base, and it will have a larger userbase as long as fiat exists.
4) For now, Paypal is better if you're using fiat and it's accepted much more widely than bitcoin is. Bitcoin is better if you're looking for much more of an investment.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
jeroline

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:29:00 AM

Everything can be happen depens on situation.
pp and btc had different function.
So we cant compare it..
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:33:06 AM

I think subject of thread should be changed to "Future of Bitcoin in PayPal" as the subject "PayPal accept Bitcoin" makes one think that PayPal has started accepting Bitcoin as payment method which is not true. Clearly, because PayPal thinks Bitcoin as a rival and also commented against Bitcoin whenever they got chance to diminish its value. I think PayPal will try every method to stay away from Bitcoin but with increase in demand they may need to change their plans and integrate Bitcoin as payment method.
Yes it is also what I think since reading this thread, there is a writing error that might make some people wrong thinking. Back to the point that Bitcoin is currently developing and Paypal I think is very different from Bitcoin, it can be said that paypal is a method to send money and Bitcoin is money. This is to be understood, If paypal received Bitcoin of course this is a big improvement because Paypal has considered Bitcoin like the current currency. this can increase popularity and trust in Bitcoin. We all know that currently PayPal is one of the largest market in online financial transactions, If bitcoin can be integrated then both Can get market share that is increasingly widespread. Paypal and Bitcoin will be equally profitable. Paypal will have more users and Bitcoin will have a positive price increase. I would suspect that It will be one of the greatest momentum that occurs in the era of digital transactions. It will be history that will determine the future.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:38:16 AM

I doubt it. Paypal is all about charge backs and being closed-source. They would never want the opposite. Elon Musk would have a fit if someone ever brought this up to him. Paypal is for the banks to remain in control but through a veil. It's win-win for them.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:44:32 AM

Paypal is the direct competitor of Bitcoin so not a chance in hell. Bitcoin is designed to be peer-to-peer effectively making PayPal services absolutely redundant if it became mainstream.
I think PayPal was first to be released before Bitcoin was released, though I’m not quite sure about that. There are lots of people who trusts PayPal, so I don’t see anyway for Bitcoin to really compete with it. I think we should just mind our own business here on bitcoin, while PayPal fans mind theirs.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:32:34 PM

Just wanna answer some of your questions. First Bitcoin has already surpassed the paypal markup so BTC is huge and better.
I dont think Paypal will accept BTC,  never. Bitcoin is a direct competitor and a threat to them to them.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
kingntking

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:33:12 AM

Paypal will remain the same and will work better that way. Bitcoin is best because it still remains underground and anonimous. Its like mixing an oil to a water.
Exactly! There is no need of doing such kind of thing. I don’t really think so that PayPal have started accepting bitcoin. Infact, there are less likely chances of this thing to happen. I personally think that this is not a good idea. Like you said, it is same as mixing of oil and water. There is nothing profitable you are going to get in return by doing so and I don’t think so that this will ever happen.
wjchong

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 01:00:05 PM

Yes,No wonder if we will see many websites including paypal are accepting Bitcoins in future. Bitcoin is become more famous nowadays. Who knows Bitcoin will become better than paypal in future.  Grin

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

PayPal as a payment gateway might get associated with bitcoin in the future for business purpose, but already it has developed its own platform and has gained support from users worldwide through its cross border transaction service with ease. Bitcoin is beyond PayPal, but the uncertainty makes people believe PayPal though bitcoin provides with a growth that is unachievable by PayPal.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:17:30 PM

1) Honestly, i don't think paypal will ever accept bitcoin. Actually paypal has quite good reasons for bitcon not to get adopted too much.
2) It's hard to predict what will happen in the future. Especially with such a "new" market/system like BTC. But basically i don't think this will happen.
3) This basically depends on what your standards are. If you focus on privacy/pseudonymity then BTC is definetly already better than paypal.
If you are looking for fast payments with low fees.. paypal is (currently) better in this case. But with paypal you have to trust a company to keep your money.
4) Thats why BTC (for me) is better than paypal. I rather pay some higher fees and wait 10-30 mins, but instead i (and only i) am in control of my money.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:03:38 PM

bitcoin provides with a growth that is unachievable by PayPal.

There is no point into expecting anything from PayPal other than just offering people a pleasant payment experience. PayPal is nothing more than a platform allowing people to transact with their fiat currencies with certain additional features, and that's really it. PayPal is just one of the plenty financial services allowing people to fully utilize fiat on a global scale, which is something Bitcoin by far can't achieve right now. In order to make Bitcoin be fully usable as currency tool, we'll definitely need Lightning Network. It allows people to bypass current high fees, and also confirmation times - these two aspects are something currently preventing Bitcoin from being fully utilized in that aspect.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: