Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal accept bitcoin  (Read 4808 times)
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:07:27 PM

PayPal doesn't directly accept Bitcoin, but Braintree, a division of PayPal has partnered with Coinbase to accept Bitcoin.

Currently, Bitcoin network processes around 7 transactions per second, while PayPal with an average of 200 tps. In terms of scalability and daily transactions volume, Bitcoin is much far behind PayPal. But apart from being a good store of value, Bitcoin could also be a better decentralized version of PayPal by building second layer payment systems on top of Bitcoin, Lightning Network.

So in future, Bitcoin might be better than PayPal, but again it depends on how users will treat Bitcoin, as a store of value or medium of exchange and the extent of merchant adoption.
Paypal is optional that people cant service because people solely using these services to obtain free external transactions.

Now we have an option in PayPal that we can send the payments to PayPal. In my country I cannot directly withdraw the Bitcoin to my Fiat currency. I have a verified PayPal account it is possible to convert Bitcoin to PayPal currency.
So, are you paying anything to paypal and to your government when you convert the money from bitcoin to your local currency? Please tell us more about it as I have read that if you convert your bitcoin to your local currency via PayPal, then you have to pay to exchange, and then the PayPal authorities and then the local authorities of your country about the money. If it is correct, then I think we need to find some alternative way.
This is interesting news, because PayPal is world leading money exchange company and many companies pay to their foreign workers through PayPal. It will be easy for all the users of PayPal to receive their payments direct to their bitcoin wallet.

For PayPal it is also convenient to pay in bitcoin. It seems that now the world is gradually turning towards accepting and using bitcoin all over the world which is a good sign.
Correct, I'm sure most of the bitcoin users were also used PayPal. Transferring of amount from bitcoin to PayPal will become more easier that before. Also all transactions thru PayPal would be much easier to do thru help of bitcoin.

It's a good start if it is happen in this 2018.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:18:24 AM

There is a possibility that Paypal will accept bitcoin. If everyone is aware of the cryptocurrency like bitcoin why would they not let it happen. It is just a matter of years for everyone to know about cryptocurrencies.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:45:52 PM

1) Do you think about this news will happen ?
2) Do you think paypal may accept bitcoin in next years (3-7) or it is impossible ?
3) Do you think bitcoin will be better than paypal ? when will happen ?
4) which better for now PP or BTC ?

Bitcoin is already better than paypal. If they don't want to accept it, it's their loss and not ours.
Yeah I submit your thoughts. I also appreciate PayPal step towards accepting bitcoin as regular money. Every company in the world wants to give ease to hos clients and PayPal is doing the same. By this way their scope in the world market of online payments will grow more because when you want to exchange your bitcoin in your local one PayPal will help you in this regard.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:16:47 PM

In general, bitcoin has no advantage to face to paypal in many side as popularity, trust or conveniences. If paypal accepts bitcoin as a real money and allows user exchage bitcoin through paypal, it will very easy for all people who have difficulties in exchanging because so many countries ban bitcoin as a illegal money. Therefore, i hope in near future (2-3 next years) paypal will accept bitcoin so we can use bitcoin easier.
Absolutely I agree with you. If paypal accept bitcoin, i think it wil create a big benefits for many countries. As you know, although bitcoin is much more popular, some countries ban or don’t accept this digital currencies like China, there are many people invest BTC, but the government have just not accepted it. So I also hope in the next few years, paypal will accept BTC to every of us get an easy way to exchange.
All the people users of PayPal will benefited from this step of bitcoin. I really appreciate this and by this way many other money exchange service provider companies will also follow PayPal and will start accepting bitcoin. Payments will be easier for them and also for the companies who wants to pay you in bitcoin. It means all the circle of payments and receiving will feel ease and comfort in this way.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:42:40 AM

There is a possibility that Paypal will accept bitcoin. If everyone is aware of the cryptocurrency like bitcoin why would they not let it happen. It is just a matter of years for everyone to know about cryptocurrencies.
That possibility is totally big, PayPal is a popular payment processor and others are starting to shift their payment method through bitcoin which is very popular nowadays. They can send and receive bitcoin in the quickest way as there are too many exchanges that are already running and everyone can exchange bitcoins -> USD in the easiest way which is the main concern of people who are using PayPal.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:37:23 AM

As of now paypal doesn't accept bitcoin but there is posibilities that sooner they are going to accept bitcoin money for the good transaction. You don't know the technologies now a days it is going fast. If they are going to study the streghts and weaknesses of bitcoin they will easily identify the methods and process of the transaction because Paypal is very famous payment services.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:43:54 AM

As of now paypal doesn't accept bitcoin but there is posibilities that sooner they are going to accept bitcoin money for the good transaction. You don't know the technologies now a days it is going fast. If they are going to study the streghts and weaknesses of bitcoin they will easily identify the methods and process of the transaction because Paypal is very famous payment services.

No other currencies is not as more powerful than bitcoin till now , PayPal do not accept bitcoin till today , in future it will be possible but bitcoin is considered as better currency than other currencies by people it will be very healthy thing for bitcoin users and investors .

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Emmetropia3

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:42:39 AM

It really is hard to figure out.

1. They hate cryptocurrencies so they won't accept Bitcoin or any other coin except if they are the ones who developed it.

2. They love/hate Bitcoin but want a piece of the Bitcoin pie so that they can somehow control it.
LisaOrange

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:18:47 AM

Use Paxful.com! They accept Paypal
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:36:47 AM

No, paypal knows what is right for their company and look at what Steam did after accepting btc. It's so volatile so they dropped it. But I bet UTRUST will replace paypal.
lhfly2019

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:25:59 AM

It's a really hard choice for Paypal.
As the founder of the Internet Payment,it wanna hug the BTC and BlockChain fiercely.
But on the other way,Paypal knows that every action it takes will influence the whole payment area and
would cause gov's supervision!!
It's dilemma,really,really hard!
bitcoinFPT

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:16:34 PM

I think Paypal needn't to implement Bitcoin because It act with certain purpose. Paypal is development  with its way year by year .  I'm sure most of the bitcoin users were also used PayPal PayPal is seeing its user base grow continuously year after year, so it's safe to say that they market themselves very well, and that there is a decent amount of demand for their platform. It's not a shocking growth they experience, but it's at least consistent.
PayPal is a popular payment processor
RonJohannson

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:32:46 PM

PayPal makes money from the spread it earns.  In other words, it charges merchants 3% to accept it as a form of payment, and if that Paypal account is funded with ACH, then it only costs PayPal about .25% to fund that transaction, so the spread to PayPal ois 2.75%

If a credit card is used to fund that transaction, it costs PayPal about 2.2%, so the spreaad to PayPal is just 0.8%. 

I'm not sure how much it would cost PayPal to use BTC as the funding mechanism, but if you figured that out, then you'd have the answer. 

PayPal is fundamentally a spread business and the cheaper the funding, the bigger the profit it will make on anygiven transaction.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:34:47 PM

Paypal would have to change for it to compete. Utrust will compete with it and maybe upend the payments industry if successful.

tekin_ural

Activity: 211
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:04:05 AM

1) Do you think about this news will happen ? No, this is not going to happen.
2) Do you think paypal may accept bitcoin in next years (3-7) or it is impossible ? No, it's impossible.
3) Do you think bitcoin will be better than paypal ? when will happen ? There is a huge difference. BTC is a cyrptocurrency and payment method while PP is a sole payment provider that enables you to use bank account/credit card with one click simplification. I.e. closing of PP doesn't mean anything while the collapse of BTC will hurt everyone here so badly. BTC is a revolution while PP is only a way for spending funds from your bank account/credit card.
4) which better for now PP or BTC ? For ordering Pizza or booking your flight, generally for all non-virtual goods, you can use PayPal. For irreversible payments for your virtual goods or for any kind of arrangements around the globe BTC offers you a unique solution.
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:19:26 AM
Merited by tekin_ural (1)

It wont going to happen, Paypal wont going to accept bitcoins, its also against Paypal's terms.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:27:57 AM

I think Paypal will just create their own tokens just like what Kodak did. It would favor their business more compared than doing it with bitcoins. Bitcoins is still a headache for fees and transaction time so I still don't see any possibilities.
BTCtrader9

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:11:03 AM

Definitely, to stay the leading payment processor, if BTC gains enough popularity, they will have to accept it to keep running.

They might also make the extra transaction fees which means extra profits so there's nothing to lose so why not?
Only thing stopping them right now is the instability and the complications of buying and selling, once it becomes mainstream, these problems would disappear and it would be a lot more easier.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:33:34 PM

Definitely, to stay the leading payment processor, if BTC gains enough popularity, they will have to accept it to keep running.

They might also make the extra transaction fees which means extra profits so there's nothing to lose so why not?
Only thing stopping them right now is the instability and the complications of buying and selling, once it becomes mainstream, these problems would disappear and it would be a lot more easier.

There is no transaction connection between PayPal and bitcoin till now if it is possible the people easy to transact their bitcoin easily I think soon it is will be possible and it also make some good improvement in crypto currencies .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:40:52 PM

Both might look like providing the same service, but they are completely operational in different platform. Maybe soon or later bitcoin and PayPal will function in a collaborative manner when the growth becomes promising, more marketplace as well more adoption from common users add value to cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: