Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO - FINISHED!!!] Telcoin - Cryptocurrency for a Mobile World  (Read 10211 times)
telcoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 06:35:11 AM

Are you guys reaching out to big names in telecom? If you could announce a big partnership, I think you guys will hit that hard cap in 24 hours.

We are currently in final discussions for POC with Tunisia Telecom, Etisala, Veon, Aritel India, and MTN group.  Grin
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:35:42 AM

Your timeline is a roadmap, but I would like to know more  details. will there be a detailed roadmap?

We are working on one now, but if you're looking for specific information, i'll be happy to answer any questions you have!
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:38:51 AM

So anyone with an active cell phone number will be able to get in on this?

Yes! All you need is a phone that is able to at least receive SMS & a mobile wallet and you're good to receive telcoin from your Telecom provider. Check out the Whitepaper for more detailed information.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

What is telcoin,how i get some?

Sign up for our Whitelisting https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLKu393LkGGFONz38bM2hIp4tGTJZhflnk7LgfYXdyYpFReg/viewform
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:49:02 AM

How would you explain how it works to a common person on the street though, unfamiliar with blockchain?

Also, you obviously expect huge market opportunity, but any precise estimates?

The total addressable market is technically the amount of cellphones there are which is about 5B (compared to 1.5B bank accounts). That is why we are doing this, as to spread financial inclusion and cryptocurrency adoption.  Grin

Telcoin is a cryptocurrency given to and distributed by your national telecom operator that allows mobile money users to easily and securely send telcoin to each other instantly.

Even easier....

Telcoin uses your telecom providers existing systems to send remittances (our first use case) cheaper and faster than current available solutions.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:52:31 AM

How big is your team right now?

Our team is currently 11 members strong! For some more information on us check out our team page here https://www.telco.in/index.html#s_team

Also, we just recently had live interviews with "CNBC Street Signs" & "Bloomberg Radio". Claude, our CEO, was invited to speak about Telcoin and what we are doing.  Grin
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:02:14 AM

What would you say is the biggest motivator for the founders?

I would say the need for financial inclusion and a way to securely and affordably send mobile money across borders. All of us here in JP are all from different parts of the globe and we have experienced the pain points in sending money home/abroad. Also, we are super bullish on blockchain/crypto as a way for people in developing nations to have access to the global economy.

Personally (chris) I joined the team because I found the disaster relief use case to be fascinating. I read about the California wildfires and donations centers receiving 3,000 toothbrushes & toothpastes. Most of which would be thrown away. What they (those affected by disasters) really need is some monetary help that would help with provisions that doesn't need to come from a centralized authority like NPO's, NGO's, or governmental agencies (too slow...i.e. FEMA). Using Telcoin, we would be able to send out tokens directly to people's mobile wallets (in geo-fenced specific regions) that could be used immediately. I thought the social impact was awesome
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:31:01 PM

Are you guys reaching out to big names in telecom? If you could announce a big partnership, I think you guys will hit that hard cap in 24 hours.

Still curious about this.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:04:53 PM

Yes! All you need is a phone that is able to at least receive SMS & a mobile wallet and you're good to receive telcoin from your Telecom provider. Check out the Whitepaper for more detailed information.

Wow, maybe this really is revolutionary. Nobody else is working on this?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:25:15 PM

I would say the need for financial inclusion and a way to securely and affordably send mobile money across borders. All of us here in JP are all from different parts of the globe and we have experienced the pain points in sending money home/abroad. Also, we are super bullish on blockchain/crypto as a way for people in developing nations to have access to the global economy.

Personally (chris) I joined the team because I found the disaster relief use case to be fascinating. I read about the California wildfires and donations centers receiving 3,000 toothbrushes & toothpastes. Most of which would be thrown away. What they (those affected by disasters) really need is some monetary help that would help with provisions that doesn't need to come from a centralized authority like NPO's, NGO's, or governmental agencies (too slow...i.e. FEMA). Using Telcoin, we would be able to send out tokens directly to people's mobile wallets (in geo-fenced specific regions) that could be used immediately. I thought the social impact was awesome

Wouldn't you also be able to tell what had been purchased using this platform? So if someone bought 3000 tooth brushes with TelCoin, would you be able to tell that was bought and thus people would tell what was more needed?
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

When can we expect to see this on exchanges?

It will be available on exchanges 30 days after the ICO is over  Grin

Excellent. Any idea which ones?

vuglusk

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:43:16 PM

How exactly you will cooperate with mobile operators?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:46:52 PM

Our team is currently 11 members strong! For some more information on us check out our team page here https://www.telco.in/index.html#s_team

Also, we just recently had live interviews with "CNBC Street Signs" & "Bloomberg Radio". Claude, our CEO, was invited to speak about Telcoin and what we are doing.  Grin

That's a formidable number at this stage. How many would you say are full time?

Those are some pretty big media names, any way we can watch a VoD?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:37:58 AM

Still curious about this.

Apologies for the delay! Yes, we have secured selected POC agreements starting Q1 with Aritel, Etisalat, MTN Group, Veon, and Tunisia Telecom.  Smiley
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:41:57 AM

Wow, maybe this really is revolutionary. Nobody else is working on this?

We've seen similar ideals and intent, but none that are working exclusively with Telecoms. Moreover, our chairman Paul has a MASSIVE competitive advantage to others as his previous telecom experience gets us in conversation with telecom (and thus central banks/regulators) executives directly. The ability to get these conversations with decision makers is extremely difficult if you don't have an in.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:47:55 AM

Wouldn't you also be able to tell what had been purchased using this platform? So if someone bought 3000 tooth brushes with TelCoin, would you be able to tell that was bought and thus people would tell what was more needed?

I bit confused on the questions. My story above was just an example of how donations, albeit the good intentions, sometimes are not exactly what people need (my CA fire story was in a developed country, image a developing nation). With Telcoin however, I was trying to say that we would be able to send our token which could translate to fiat and allow that to help disaster victims. Sorry if this wasn't clear  Smiley

In trying to answer your question, Telcoin at the moment cannot be used to purchase anything. Our first use case is the sending of our token as a remittance service to/from mobile money users globally via the telecoms system.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:50:52 AM

When can we expect to see this on exchanges?

It will be available on exchanges 30 days after the ICO is over  Grin

Excellent. Any idea which ones?

We are still confirming which ones we will be listed on and which would allow for the easiest and most efficient way of exchanging. We are targeting the top exchanges (depending on region and regulatory challenges). I'll keep you updated once we get full confirmation.

Which exchanges do you use or have found to be best for your needs?
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:55:40 AM

I dont see the tokensupply and ICO pricing. Could you provide this information as well? Nevertheless I am interested in your project, it makes sense to me and I think this can have a huge impact on the overall adoption of cryptocurrencies and merging them into daily life. Hopefully your tokensale will be successful and you can deliver what you layed out.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:59:33 AM

That's a formidable number at this stage. How many would you say are full time?

Those are some pretty big media names, any way we can watch a VoD?

Ask and you shall receive!  Grin Grin Grin

CNBC (short version) - https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/12/03/cryptocurrencies-could-soon-be-widely-used-for-payments-ceo-says.html?play=1
Bloomberg - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/audio/2017-12-04/volatility-is-not-a-big-issue-with-bitcoin

telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 03:02:32 AM

I dont see the tokensupply and ICO pricing. Could you provide this information as well? Nevertheless I am interested in your project, it makes sense to me and I think this can have a huge impact on the overall adoption of cryptocurrencies and merging them into daily life. Hopefully your tokensale will be successful and you can deliver what you layed out.

Hey! Thanks for the support and the kind words!  Smiley Here is how to calculate the price of Telcoin:

We are selling 20% of the whole telcoin supply during this ICO. Put differently, this means that all the funds invested during the pre-ICO and ICO phase will stand for 20% of the whole telcoin supply value, and because we have a limited telcoin supply of 100 billion coins, the value of 1 telcoin will be calculated automatically at the very end of the ICO using the following formula:

(Total amount of funds raised during the pre-ICO and ICO phases) ÷ 20% ÷ 100,000,000,000

Ex: If we reach out hardcap of $25M, the value of 1 telcoin will be $0.00125
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: