Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCGuild App  (Read 1742 times)
Eluminate (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:10:55 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 08:28:02 AM by Eluminate

Hia everyone!

I've been looking around these forums for a while now and finally decided to register.
Knowingly that i'd be trapped in the "newbie" prison, I decided to say hello, as seems to be the new tradition Smiley.

I've mined in the past few months myself, but I was (kinda) forced to stop. I've tried several set-ups for my mining rig, but it seems that the earnings are not weighing up to the power consumption, so a few weeks ago I decided to shut everything down Sad. I was mining in the BTCGuild mining pool, what is one of the best pools at this time in my opinion.
Even tough I'm not mining anymore, I'm still trying to stay tuned for any Bitcoin news.

I'm a programmer for my profession and I have the bad habit of taking my job back home with me, or develop for my personal laziness Smiley.
One of the things that I noticed in the months I've been mining myself, is that there still is no good(or any) app available for BTCGuild for the Windows Phone 8. There are some nice apps for the iOS, but they cost money..
That's why I've decided to start building an app for BTCGuild. Primarily this will be released for the Windows Phone 8 and >maybe< later on for Android and iOS, all for free Smiley.
The first release will contain the information that is available in the BTCGuild JSON-API, but I have some really nice ideas for combining this information with the API provided by Mt.Gox.

If you have any nice idea's for functionality, design or whatsoever, please tell me!
The first big question tough, is any interest is such an app for WP8?

Regards,
Eluminate.

Official Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239038.0
peter_file

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:17:38 PM

I'm not mining either, so i would not need the app.
However, I do feel there aren't enough Bitcoin apps for WP8. So i'm quite sure you'll make some people happy by releasing it.

I'm still looking for a good wallet app, though.
neonzeon

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:29:47 AM

If you have any nice idea's for functionality, design or whatsoever, please tell me!

Hiya Eluminate,

It might be off-topic, but since you're a programmer, in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239337.0 I (hopefully soon "we") are attempting to build bitcoind on a clean AWS EC2 Centos.  Hope you can help!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:04:56 PM

Seems like a good idea if I had a smart phone with the appropriate OS.

Eluminate (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:27:46 AM

Please read on in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239038.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: