Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam tag Request  (Read 499 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:23:21 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 11:32:29 AM by r3wt

After defrauding myself out of .0165 bitcoins via a doublespend, i would like to nominate myself for a scam tag. being the honest man i am, i would like to apologize to myself in advance, forgive myself in the present tense, and learn from my mistakes in the future. you can read all about the transaction here

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/78244310

EDIT
The transaction went through. if your name/address was on the list, congrats i just sent you a penny.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:12:31 AM

a small explanation of what happened:

i sent all of the balance from my blockchain.info wallet to my electrum wallet. problem is i did the custom send with a fee of .001   of course the blockchain.info software being the halfbaked wonder it is never confirmed the tx. so i did what any nervous bitcoiner does. i dl'd the qt and the blockchain and imported my adddresses from electrum and from blockchain.info, and removed the unconfirmed transaction with pyWallet. i guess now everytime i send a transaction blockchain.info will recognize it as a double spend. IMO, the flaws of this online webwallet is a disservice to the community. as it can make a necessary doublespend out to be a malicious doublespend. if only they would have made it possible to destroy unconfirmed tx's from your wallet.dat, none of this would be a problem.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: