Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are investors so shocked by the 2x cancellation despite Segwit?  (Read 227 times)
CharonsBuddy (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:44:54 PM

Following the cancellation of the 2x step of Segwit2x, BTC-USD rates are falling, by the time of writing even below 6500$ per coin.

Is Segwit alone not sufficient to enable fast and almost free transactions in the future? I mean once the Rootstock mainnet is deployed
BTC transaction can become almost instant, or am I missing the point?

Or are investors rather disappointed that they do not get new coins out of thin air because the hard fork is called off?

Sell Your Soul or buy one at www.soulnapkins.store!
-> Soul Napkins Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
esgdrhlg

Activity: 173

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:48:44 PM

I'm sorry, why is the S2X canceled?I don't like BCH, because it's suddenly in front of me, it's just a altcoin, that's all!But the S2X is different, it's the opinion of the core team, and the S2X bifurcation can make BTC better.
CharonsBuddy (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:54:14 PM

The fork was called off a couple of days ago: https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/08/segwit2x-backers-cancel-plans-for-bitcoin-hard-fork/

-> Soul Napkins Thread
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:57:00 PM

Following the cancellation of the 2x step of Segwit2x, BTC-USD rates are falling, by the time of writing even below 6500$ per coin.

Is Segwit alone not sufficient to enable fast and almost free transactions in the future? I mean once the Rootstock mainnet is deployed

Or are investors rather disappointed that they do not get new coins out of thin air because the hard fork is called off?

I don't think they are disappointed for not getting their coins. Of course some are disappointed, but that has nothing to do with bitcoin. And we all knew that a price correction would take place, after the fork, or in this case, after the cancellation of the fork. The thing is, that users are not really getting back to alts, they are actually going to just one alt, that is bcash.

Maybe some really want the bigger blocks, and now their only option to have big blocks is with bcash, but I think this is just a maneuver by bcash supporters. They think this is the time to make a "statement", and show themselves as an alternative to bitcoin. Let's not forget that there are some key holders on bitcoin that support bcash, like Roger Ver. So he is probably doing a massive sell of their bitcoins, and completely assuming his support for bcash.

I still prefer bitcoin, and I'm still waiting for the lightning network, because it's a much better alternative to  big blocks.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

CharonsBuddy (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

I don't think they are disappointed for not getting their coins. Of course some are disappointed, but that has nothing to do with bitcoin. And we all knew that a price correction would take place, after the fork, or in this case, after the cancellation of the fork. The thing is, that users are not really getting back to alts, they are actually going to just one alt, that is bcash.

Maybe some really want the bigger blocks, and now their only option to have big blocks is with bcash, but I think this is just a maneuver by bcash supporters. They think this is the time to make a "statement", and show themselves as an alternative to bitcoin. Let's not forget that there are some key holders on bitcoin that support bcash, like Roger Ver. So he is probably doing a massive sell of their bitcoins, and completely assuming his support for bcash.

I still prefer bitcoin, and I'm still waiting for the lightning network, because it's a much better alternative to  big blocks.

Yes that's what I am saying the combi of rootstock + lightning + bitcoin would solve the block size limit issues, so there is no need for bigger blocks.

-> Soul Napkins Thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: