Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is ...nothing,acording to my country`s laws.  (Read 2853 times)
lichao1395427

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:12:08 AM

It isn't according to the law!
They are asking you to pay income tax and they don't care what gave you this income, they just want the money. That's why the law states what it states.
According to the tax law, that is basically the same for every country, even if you get cash for mowing your neighbor's lawn, or find money lying on the side of the road, you are supposed to add it to your yearly income and deduct the tax. Nobody does that, but that's what they'd like you to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:58:04 PM

The law clearly States that tax is levied only on income. If there is no official recognition of bitcoin currency that all of your earned bitcoins cannot be considered as income. If you get a Fiat from the conversion of bitcoin then it will be your income. Perhaps it would be profitable to open a company in an offshore zone and withdraw Fiat there. You will receive tax benefits and receive income which is not subject to double taxation.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Leadingweb

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 01:28:14 PM

This obviously creates a paradox, as you can't pay taxes on revenue generated by "nothing". I don't know which European country you're from, but I'm Norwegian.

Our tax authorities didn't recognize BTC as being VAT (value added tax) exempt until about three years ago. For the time being you're in a legal limbo, and at the bare minimum I would advice you to report any BTC holdings on your tax returns.

However, I wouldn't start paying taxes on an unrealized gain (although I don't know what your intention is with the investment)..As soon as you exchange that money into fiat currency, the snowball starts moving though.

Best of luck regardless.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

This obviously creates a paradox, as you can't pay taxes on revenue generated by "nothing". I don't know which European country you're from, but I'm Norwegian.

Our tax authorities didn't recognize BTC as being VAT (value added tax) exempt until about three years ago. For the time being you're in a legal limbo, and at the bare minimum I would advice you to report any BTC holdings on your tax returns.

However, I wouldn't start paying taxes on an unrealized gain (although I don't know what your intention is with the investment)..As soon as you exchange that money into fiat currency, the snowball starts moving though.

Best of luck regardless.

Virtually every country tax laws will want you to disclose all your income and pay tax on it but the same tax law will state what qualifies as income that would be taxed or otherwise. For example, income from loss of office or pension payment is exempted from tax which means you can derive income from such sources but tax will not arise an that does not mean its nothing.

In the case of bitcoin over here, the law has not been expressly stated which means that we are enjoying tax free income and I don't see that changing any time soon but there are discussions on how to ensure that this is captured but the concern is the moment they are looking at income from that end, then they are talking about legalizing it as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: