Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up a Private Regression Test Blockchain with Bitcoincore  (Read 515 times)
jeeri (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 07:05:02 PM

Struggling with error while executing /configure command, Please help !!
Hi, I'm a newbie to Unix and blockchain technology, trying to implement a private blockchain with bitcoin core code. Here I'm implementing it with regression test mode.

For this, I'm following the one article(https://samsclass.info/141/proj/pBitc1.htm):

Preparing Ubuntu
--------------------
To prepare your Ubuntu machine, execute these commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git build-essential -y
sudo apt-get install autoconf libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libtool -y
sudo apt-get install libdb5.1++-dev libevent-dev pkg-config -y

Installing Berkeley Database
-------------------------------

wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz

sha256sum db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz

tar -xvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
mkdir -p build
BDB_PREFIX=$(pwd)/build
../dist/configure --disable-shared --enable-cxx --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
make install
cd ../..

Compiling Bitcoin Core from Source:
----------------------------------------

git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.git

cd bitcoin

git tag

git checkout v0.12.1rc2

./autogen.sh

./configure --with-incompatible-bdb

when running the above command I got the error "configure:27383: error: libevent not found"

Here is the content of config.log:

root@BitcoinCore-LnD:~/bitcoin# more config.log | grep libevent
configure:27333: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "libevent"
Package libevent was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libevent.pc'
No package 'libevent' found
configure:27350: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "libevent"
Package libevent was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libevent.pc'
configure:27383: error: libevent not found.

I'm about to run the make command after ./configure --with-incompatible-bdb command but stuck with the error.

I tried make command and got the below error:
root@BitcoinCore-LnD:~/bitcoin# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Note:
I'm using VPS with 2GB RAM Memory, 40 GB Disk

Can someone please help in resolving it?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 07:12:57 PM

I highly advise that you not follow that article you are following or any other article about compiling Bitcoin Core that is not from the Bitcoin Core developers. Such articles are likely to become outdated as things are changed (the one you are following already is outdated). Instead you should follow the build instructions provided in the Bitcoin Core repository: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

jeeri (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:23:55 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 08:57:19 AM by jeeri

I highly advise that you not follow that article you are following or any other article about compiling Bitcoin Core that is not from the Bitcoin Core developers. Such articles are likely to become outdated as things are changed (the one you are following already is outdated). Instead you should follow the build instructions provided in the Bitcoin Core repository: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

Many Thanks achow for your valuable guidance towards correct resources to follow.
As I'm not much familiar with Unix commands, I found some difficulties when executing the command to set the environment ready. The errors like "E: Unable to locate package libssl" are occurred when tried to install libssl package . could you please also suggest if there are some resources that explain setting up the environment step by step for newbies like me?

Thanks in advance.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
boogersguy

Activity: 21
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

Why don't you just install Bitcoin Core instead of trying to build from source? You can then run it in regtest mode.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 04:56:25 PM

Many Thanks achow for your valuable guidance towards correct resources to follow.
As I'm not much familiar with Unix commands, I found some difficulties when executing the command to set the environment ready. The errors like "E: Unable to locate package libssl" are occurred when tried to install libssl package . could you please also suggest if there are some resources that explain setting up the environment step by step for newbies like me?

Thanks in advance.
There is no libssl package. The package is libssl-dev. You should follow the instructions exactly and copy and paste the given commands to not make any mistakes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: