Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I bought into Bitcoin AFTER the Bitcoin Cash fork. Not sure what to do.  (Read 296 times)
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:09:23 PM

everyone seems to have their own opinion.  BTC is king, Bitcoin  Cash is king, etc.  Who is right?  I have no idea anymore.

Now my concern is that I don't have BCH and what if BTC does indeed go down to a few hundred bucks while BCH rises?

But then I look at this and think they're just pumping it, I know that BCH is more centralized and I don't agree with that...

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!   Huh Huh
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:27:32 PM

trade 20% of it for BCH, that way you are safely hedged 1:1.  Simple.

Example:

You own 5 BTC.   Sell 1, that leaves you with 4 BTC and 4 BCH.

frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:32:16 PM

trade 20% of it for BCH, that way you are safely hedged 1:1.  Simple.

Example:

You own 5 BTC.   Sell 1, that leaves you with 4 BTC and 4 BCH.

exactly what I was considering doing.  but transactions aren't going through, they're backlogged, so I don't even think I'll be able to buy anytime this evening.
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:39:10 PM

Relax, bitcoin will be fine, it's just a pump BCH. Soon the hype will pass, and the bitcoin rush to the moon Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: