Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please HELP run GPU mining  (Read 410 times)
smog3r (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:45:08 PM

Hi, i'm new for mining. Could i try to run my laptop for ethereum mining or another currency ?

My loptop: MSI GP70 2PE - https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP70-2PE-Leopard/Specification

how set for mining ? (it doesn't matter that it's not worth it)

Thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:47:43 PM

Hi, i'm new for mining. Could i try to run my laptop for ethereum mining or another currency ?

My loptop: MSI GP70 2PE - https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP70-2PE-Leopard/Specification

Thx

Who told you its not worth it? Its fine laptop and would be shame to kill if for 5-6 cents you'd get in those few days before it would die
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:47:48 PM

No

Never mine on a laptop, ever.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:47:59 PM

Thx

first off DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH
secondly, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH
thirdly, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

if you had of done enough research you would have found out that trying to use your laptop is a horrible idea
again if you had done enough research you wouldnt be here asking how to set for mining
sorry to have to be an ass but there is too many lazy people like you that just want crap handed to them on a silver platter

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:50:27 PM

Thx

Who told you its not worth it? Its fine laptop and would be shame to kill if for 5-6 cents you'd get in those few days before it would die

its only worth it if you want to kill your laptop, so by all means mine away on your laptop. by do that you deserve for it to fry and telling others its worth it, when its not

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
smog3r (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:58:47 PM

Maybe somebody can send a link for tut how to set up for mining.
Just i want to try. Because what i found it not working my video card only 2GB

Ethereum needed minimum 4gb ? or not ?
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:07:13 PM

Maybe somebody can send a link for tut how to set up for mining.
Just i want to try. Because what i found it not working my video card only 2GB

Ethereum needed minimum 4gb ? or not ?

how about you do your own research instead of relying on other people to do it for you
fucking lazy people, if you did research youd find out that a 2gb gpu WILL NOT FUCKING WORK on ETH or any ETH type algo
stop being lazy

SodiumEx

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:08:51 PM

You will destroy your laptop
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:14:22 PM

Thx

There is a good step by step guide on reddit under the ethermining sub reddit that has everything you need. There are some decent youtube clips that can also set you up pretty quickly.

Like some people have already said, you'd probably be better off protecting your computer from damage instead of mining on it. You can go to a website like whattomine to see what kind of value you'd be getting.

Also, if your video card is only 2gb, you can't mine ethereum.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:19:32 AM

No

Never mine on a laptop, ever.

I'm mining zencash on my laptop right now, sometimes hush, and I get ton's of BITCOIN-z

It's a asus with mx-940 gpu, about 50 sols/sec without optimization.

Here's the secret whether ccminer, ewbf or whatever miner you use "SET THE TEMP LIMIT", these software will COOK your laptop, as they run at 90C,

I set my --templimit to 72, and whenever the temp goes over the 70C, the miner stops for a cycle, usually I only lose about 1 out of ten fetch-work cycles,

So yes, laptop mining is 'fine', just know what your doing, sadly most people don't know what theyr're doing, and most of these mining client software like EWBF are tuned to mine fee's for them,

Oh, and don't forget to set --fee 0.0., set the damn fee's to zero, so that ewbf doesh't send your hash to nicehash,who probably owns ewbf

above said I prefer ccminer, its open source, and get the exact same sol-rate as ewbf, the latest ccminer -algo equihash, has all the latest GPU optimizations.

If your laptop doesn't have a GPU, then don't mine, its a waste of TIME, even the shit-coins like BITCOIN-Z ( which is better than BTG ), cpu mining it will get you like 4-5 sols/sec, which is one shitcoin a month thats worth 2 satoshi Smiley
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:25:39 AM

Most laptop's don't have more than 2gb in the GPU, its what keeps the GPU chip small so it doesn't generate much heat,

Ethereum mining has been dead for months, classic has recently gone to the top, for the same reason as BCH, just because its a cheaper clone, cost of entry lower for newbies

ETH has had its day in the sun, ETHASH is deaa EQUIHASH is now king,

There is no reason to play their game and put 1060-3 cards out of business, equihash works just fine at 700MB keeping ASIC assholes at bay, the growth of the DAG at ETH is just big mistake.

Just yesterday a BIG article in zerohedge.com about how ETH is a failure and their "token" model, has become nothing more than a venue to mint SHIT ICO's.

ETH is dead.
SodiumEx

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:30:16 AM

Most laptop's don't have more than 2gb in the GPU, its what keeps the GPU chip small so it doesn't generate much heat,

Ethereum mining has been dead for months, classic has recently gone to the top, for the same reason as BCH, just because its a cheaper clone, cost of entry lower for newbies

There is no reason to play their game and put 1060-3 cards out of business, equihash works just fine at 700MB keeping ASIC assholes at bay, the growth of the DAG at ETH is just big mistake.

Just yesterday a BIG article in zerohedge.com about how ETH is a failure and their "token" model, has become nothing more than a venue to mint SHIT ICO's.

ETH is dead.

Eth is dead?? I'm still make great money mining Eth. Idk how you see it dead
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:19:45 AM

ETH is dead.

you believe everything you read, especially from some shit website, if ETH was dead why are still soo many still making great profit on it? hmm answer that would ya? eth isn't dead yet and surely isn't a failure. I bet you voted for trump huh its like saying Obamacare failed when in actual reality very much succeeded and it did exactly what Obama intended it to do with possible small deviations lol

2drive

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

The world is flat...

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:04:04 PM

Thx

Not on laptop Smiley It's work with maximal power, so you will brake or cooling system, or video card, or something else.

---- Where is my money ppl!? ----
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:23:17 PM

It has 2GB Vram, it can't mine ethereum.
You can try mining ZEC with EWBF miner, but as others said mining will destroy your laptop.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
rizwanalijcb

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:25:13 PM

Do not use laptop for mining, Use PC with dedicated graphic cards like GTX 1060, 1070 for mining Ethereum
2drive

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

The world is flat...

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:26:15 PM

Do not use laptop for mining, Use PC with dedicated graphic cards like GTX 1060, 1070 for mining Ethereum
But any way, one 1060 6G with samsung memory tells you 0.90usd/24.5mhs, with to cards it's around 60usd per month, so how much it's profitable?

---- Where is my money ppl!? ----
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

The laptop is not designed for mining coins. You will not have time to earn enough to have enough to buy a new laptop. This the laptop that you have now will not live for 1-2 months. Now generally mining using GPU is in crisis. This process is the subjugation of large pools. In the future we will witness the crisis, many of the cryptocurrencies for that reason.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:28:28 AM

Thx

its only worth it if you want to kill your laptop, so by all means mine away on your laptop. by do that you deserve for it to fry and telling others its worth it, when its not

I said LAPTOP is worthy, not MINING ON LAPTOP Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: