Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:26:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining profitability, BTC vs BCH  (Read 1824 times)
SkyLakeMine (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 11:01:24 PM

Not sure if this question belongs here but WTF, its gotta go somewhere.

Everyone knows about recent surge in BCH. WhatToMine site shows BCH profitability almost double BTC and network hashrate is almost at parity.

It seems obvious to mine BCH right this minute... but hold on. What about transaction fees? They are through the roof on BTC blocks!

So just thinking...

1. Could it be better for me, right now, to mine BTC at pool that shares fees with miners instead of BCH even though WhatToMine tells me otherwise?
2. Has anyone mined both BTC and BCH over the last 24 hours to have a real comparison?
3. How does WhatToMine site deal with transaction fees? Seems their coin profitability ranking might not be so good for our current scenario if it does not consider fee sharing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:06:32 AM

Not sure if this question belongs here but WTF, its gotta go somewhere.

Everyone knows about recent surge in BCH. WhatToMine site shows BCH profitability almost double BTC and network hashrate is almost at parity.

It seems obvious to mine BCH right this minute... but hold on. What about transaction fees? They are through the roof on BTC blocks!

So just thinking...

1. Could it be better for me, right now, to mine BTC at pool that shares fees with miners instead of BCH even though WhatToMine tells me otherwise?
2. Has anyone mined both BTC and BCH over the last 24 hours to have a real comparison?
3. How does WhatToMine site deal with transaction fees? Seems their coin profitability ranking might not be so good for our current scenario if it does not consider fee sharing?

yeah its hard to figure out what is going down I would like an answer to this as well, btw I though you only get transaction fees for mining if you are solo mining ?
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:28:36 AM

https://fork.lol/
DrYM

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:21:25 AM

I would think that depending on your equipment, you should mine whatever is most profitable at any given moment and then transfer (shapeshift\exchange) to a different currency you want to bet on.
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:36:56 PM

Because of increase of BCH price, it be came far more profitable to mine BCH right now.
There won't be a big change in the profitablilty until BTC difficulty djustments which is going to be operated 19 days later from today.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
cxihub

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:17:41 AM

In this war bitcoin is going to dissolve   Sad Sad Sad Sad
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:48:13 AM

In this war bitcoin is going to dissolve   Sad Sad Sad Sad

Would you please be so kind and enlighten us how do you know that?
SkyLakeMine (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:00:48 PM

Thanks for that link. I've been watching it. I really like that it includes fees in the calculation.

BCH fork has DAA now so the difficulty and therefore profitability adjusts with every BCH block found.

ViaBTC and Antpool have auto-profit switching urls that redirect your hashrate between BTC and BCH but I can't make sense out of when they change coins so i've stopped using them for now.

Right now mining at nicehash for sanity. Pays BTC.

Everyone still adjusting to flipping. My person feeling is BCH drifts lower until chinese attack BTC again.
SkyLakeMine (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:17:59 PM

btw I though you only get transaction fees for mining if you are solo mining ?

No! No! No! Some pools share transaction fees with miners! I know Slush and Kano do. The chinese Pools, not so much.

Transaction fees for BTC are about 30% of the reward right now. See https://fork.lol/reward/feepct

See https://bitcointicker.co/latestblocks/
Example: Reward is 12.5 BTC + 3 to 8 BTC fees. Fees make a HUGE difference.

BCH transaction fees are small.

Look at this list. kept by pool vs shared with miners.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: