Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start out trading with $200?  (Read 1537 times)
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:28:08 AM

It's a good amount to start but don't just jump into trading without having proper knowledge of it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptofunn

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:38:36 AM

As you operate with a small amount, it is best to invest 50% in bitcoin. He is now undergoing a correction. For the remaining 100 buy 2 coins. For example, waves. omg

Rieeir

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:11:57 AM

I recommend you to start with trading. Since its somehow difficult to point out a really worthy ICO to invest in
ZCoinTalk

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:22:17 AM

I’m getting kinda curious what TO did with his $200
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:25:34 AM

The initial money that you bring at the table to play into crypto really does not matter if you time your calls correctly. But be ready to loose all of your capital if you are not an expert in TA. My suggestion to you would be that you buy and hold any alt that you are interested (or look in waves, 0x or etc) and try doing paper trading before putting in real money.

TheCarm

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:42:03 AM

I think the student can't think of investing in long term
So I can recommend you a few altcoins for short term
Ripple and waves

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:26:41 AM

If you wanna get some alts, don't enter the market through Bitcoin, because the fee you will pay to go to an exchange (4-5$) is too big a percentage of your 200$ bankroll. Enter through ETH, because the fee there will be around 0.13$
Nonakryse

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

Since that amount of money is kinda low, the best option for you would be to invest it into ICO's or projects that are not "published" or official yet. Try to have a look on what projects are being announced and find the one that you believe will be big in the future. If you find it, try to get involved with the community and perhaps help the project out with some bounties (if they are available) this should increase your total stake at the end of an ICO and you might even end up with more than the original invested amount of 200$. ICO's in general offer the best return, which you need if you're gonna invest only 200 bucks, but it's possible and people have performed quite well with even less capital than that.
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:23:00 PM

First of all never ever listen to other trader's advice. Nobody in sane mind will give you an advice on how to get rich or earn for that matter.

Don't take any recommendations, theories etc. but study all the data (learn about bitcoins, other coins, read ann threads about those coins, look at price spikes, when they occurred and what happened on forums at the time, search for correlations and useful patterns), but don't ever take other people advice as a basis for your decisions.

Now if you really want to learn how to trade - consider those money you have as lost, spent on your education. Think of your 200$ as of 20 000$ (pretend that each cent is 1$) and start trading with those cents. Keep paper near you, take notes. If you feel too upset when you lose money - this is not for you.

tigervn

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

With $ 200 worth of learning experience on the Crypto market. Do not expect too much at the beginning, remember the experience you received, that is also successful. I also know many successful people with very little capital but few people.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:45:02 PM

With $ 200 worth of learning experience on the Crypto market. Do not expect too much at the beginning, remember the experience you received, that is also successful. I also know many successful people with very little capital but few people.
As the user has mentioned, don't expect big profits. Just focus on making a small earning. For this all that need to be done is continued observation of few coins. When you find those particular coin to be fluctuating quiet often, then do continued buying and selling to earn little by little.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 01:47:20 PM

You can start out with any amount of money really.
But you should have a realistic sense of economics if you are starting with $200.
You will not be able to get a lot of returns since your investment is small, even if you choose a coin that shoots to the MOON!!!

I would put $100 in bitcoin then the whole $100 in a top altcoin.
The ones to avoid are: ripple, iota, bitcion cash, and dash.
Ripple and iota are actually software tokens and don't have much actual use, their software is good, but the tokens themselves won't grow much because
the price of the tokens are attached to the value of hte company and they are already incredibly overvalued.
For bitcoin cash and dash they are just surrounded by drama so as a newbie it is best to avoid them.

some popular ones to consider are:
omg
ark
monero

Good luck and don't get emotional!

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:56:04 PM

Trading Cryptocurrencies involve thorough research. You shouldn't just invest your hard earned money based on a coin value. I would recommend learning both Technical and Fundamental Analysis. Only trade popular & less volatile Coins just to be on the safe side. But If you are ok with risk, I'd recommend picking high volume coins that had depreciated alot in value. You could aswell trade coin suggested by GOOD traders on Twitter, YouTube, Telegram. Here are some of my recommendations:
* Youtube:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCa81HAp1se359Sr5qEMMP7A

* Telegram:
https://t.me/free_crypto_signals

* Twitter :
- https://mobile.twitter.com/HighAltitudeInv
- https://mobile.twitter.com/nodeinvestor?lang=en

Warning: Always make sure you further research their suggested coins before trading them. Speculators are humans too. They make mistakes all the time.
East7547

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:08:46 PM

Putting your 200 into Bitcoins right now wouldn’t be a bad idea I think you’ll make a nice little profit after the new bull run
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:25:54 PM

If you wanna get some alts, don't enter the market through Bitcoin, because the fee you will pay to go to an exchange (4-5$) is too big a percentage of your 200$ bankroll. Enter through ETH, because the fee there will be around 0.13$
This is a great advise, this will save him a lot of %!

1 piece of advise from me: BUY LOW, sell high. Don't fear that your missing out on a coin that's going +20% or +30% or more. Too late for that, go on to the next one.

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:28:59 PM

Just remember that crytocurrency still consider as risky investation so you may be loss for doing investation
Personally I will invest on fresh ICO that have great vision and mission based on community feedback.
Just follow them to see the updated progress about your ICO project and good luck !
RomaMarquez

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:38:57 PM

It's better to diverse your investments: 1/3  - in reliable altcoin (like Ethereum, Litecoin or Dash), 1/3 - in cheap perspective coin (NEM, Ripple, BAT, SONM or smth like that). The rest you can invest in ICO (but it's risky - check it carefully) or buy one more interesting altcoin from top-20.
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:54:24 PM

I think you should cheat this money likes an shool fee. It is hard to succeed at the first time but you can learn many thing from the fail. You can spend 50% for daily trading with altcoins (remember cheap coins not expensive coin) and spend the rest of money for ICO projects. With strategy, you can learn trading skills, emotion controller and project researching.
Seano

Activity: 303
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

It not the bad sum is, the main thing you don't hurry to buy coins, read at first branches, consult, and only then buy, now there are a lot of swindlers who will begin to entice you therefore study well everything, I came  $300 too, have bought for that time of Stratis and Centra, these coins to me have already brought +
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:20:27 PM

I want to start out trading altcoins but don't know where to start.  I don't have much money because I am a student.
You have a good capital to begin with your trading. $200 is so much money in the table. But I suggest you learn and study trading more because their is a risk involved in here. Just prefer for the worst.

Should I put my money in low cost coins such as NEM or should I put it in higher cost coins such as litecoin?
ETH, Monero, Litecoin or even ETC if you are going to ask me.

Should I spend $10 on each coin? $20?
At least $20 to begin and see where will it take you.

Should I try a few ICOs?
Really hard to put money on ICO's now. If you really want to then I advise you to study the ICO, look for the team behind, read WP and roadmaps. Right now, there are a lot of scams ICO. Its really hard to distinguished which one is not. That's why common sense and look at the ICO from behind not their face value.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Goodluck to you and your journey in trading. And remember that there will be time that you will suffer a lost. Just don't give up and continue with it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀