Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:21:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you sell ripples?  (Read 1095 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:03:33 PM

Okay, obviously I'm missing something. I understand how to BUY ripples (Bitstamp.net makes that nice and easy), but then how do I sell them? I'm impressed the value keeps going up, but I feel like we are just being trickle fed the vast ripple 'premine'. How can you sell ripples back? Bitstamp lets you buy them (from them or their pool of ripples?) but they don't seem to let you sell them back if you're tired of them.

So, how do I actually SELL them?

more or less retired.
bonsai99

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:19:54 PM

Ripple wallet is currently offline. But when it comes back up here is a simple guide that I used https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=147231.0
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:36:24 PM

So, currently I can't do anything with ripples because the wallet is offline?

more or less retired.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:42:21 PM

You were with that ripple guy on the panel, no?  Grin

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:47:55 PM

Yeah, AND I sat down at the ripple booth to talk to them about ripple, and you know what? I STILL don't understand it. I can't imagine how something this obscure to figure out can hit the big time.

more or less retired.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:06:05 PM

Yeah, AND I sat down at the ripple booth to talk to them about ripple, and you know what? I STILL don't understand it. I can't imagine how something this obscure to figure out can hit the big time.

haha, well I stopped trying. I'm not sure if I can trust it

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
tron1082

Activity: 60

I've got the mind of a scientist

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:28:54 PM

Exactly. It's the most confusing system I've ever seen. There is no way a regular person is going to keep up with IOUs, Credit/Trust, and that wacky website. Ripple is just a disaster of confusion.  I too couldn't figure out how to sell my Ripples. At one point I transferred them into BTC, but from what I understand that was an IOU from someone for BTC, and I couldn't figure out where or how to cash it in.  Regular people who think keyboard shortcuts are magic will never figure this out.

DGC: D94C7TQdxLqPz5CtR47MigKwARqeTeUdAW  |  LTC: LazjxiafdkLw8HRWeyLrabU6f5zhyyrqEr  |  BTC: 1K5EP1DoE6fEmc2pwYXrbXbQbHcRvFee91  | I mine real coins, not trying to be the best at exercising.. my gpus.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:39:51 PM

Exactly. It's the most confusing system I've ever seen. There is no way a regular person is going to keep up with IOUs, Credit/Trust, and that wacky website. Ripple is just a disaster of confusion.  I too couldn't figure out how to sell my Ripples. At one point I transferred them into BTC, but from what I understand that was an IOU from someone for BTC, and I couldn't figure out where or how to cash it in.  Regular people who think keyboard shortcuts are magic will never figure this out.

I think the more poignant question might be- is the whole point to get you to trade your BTC for BTC "IOUs"? They do have billions of Ripples. They can be selling them one-direction for a pretty long time time. Especially if they don't let you easily resell your ripples, they control the market supply and give you the impression they are getting scarce and thus value them more, encouraging more people to trade their BTC for them.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty skeptical. But I am also trying to figure out how it works (and how to sell my XRP).

more or less retired.
bonsai99

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:44:53 PM

So, currently I can't do anything with ripples because the wallet is offline?

The wallet is now back online, was down for an hour or two but now it is back up. Just follow this guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=147231.0 Smiley
Chuck

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:45:46 PM

If anyone wants to sell me their ripples, I'll take them off your hands!  Wink

I agree 100% that the ripple.com website/interface is perhaps one of the worst things I've seen in 25+ years of computer use. It's like a BTC exchange, except super confusing and hand wavy.

If they can simply it, it has a chance for success.

BTC: 1CKytBzLeA1QcFM33qgi9YWPq1ax3XEJ84
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 06:17:20 PM

I have a wallet but need to be funded so i can use it,  waiting on another giveaway to happen :|

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:20:41 PM

So much for decentralized and transparent.
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:07:22 PM

So much for decentralized and transparent.

My sentiments exactly.
autodidactic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:22:24 PM

Okay, obviously I'm missing something. I understand how to BUY ripples (Bitstamp.net makes that nice and easy), but then how do I sell them? I'm impressed the value keeps going up, but I feel like we are just being trickle fed the vast ripple 'premine'. How can you sell ripples back? Bitstamp lets you buy them (from them or their pool of ripples?) but they don't seem to let you sell them back if you're tired of them.

So, how do I actually SELL them?

don't use ripples. don't support ripple. Do not use ripple. We do NOT want an inflationary currency that is prone to devaluing. DECENTRALIZED. DEFLATIONARY. TO THE CORE. BITCOIN, LITECOIN, FEATHERCOIN.

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: