Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:01:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Owners, I am tired  (Read 877 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:16:32 PM

Just tried to cash out from 6 of the pools i hold coins, wtf  Huh all of them have manual cash out disabled. Is this a new scam or their way of trying to squeeze a bit more hash power from me?
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:22:01 PM

Just tried to cash out from 6 of the pools i hold coins, wtf  Huh all of them have manual cash out disabled. Is this a new scam or their way of trying to squeeze a bit more hash power from me?

manual cash out being disabled usually means they are short of funds in the wallet.
why? i dunno.

i never had to disable my pools manual payout. i wonder why they have to.
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:24:52 PM

Just tried to cash out from 6 of the pools i hold coins, wtf  Huh all of them have manual cash out disabled. Is this a new scam or their way of trying to squeeze a bit more hash power from me?

manual cash out being disabled usually means they are short of funds in the wallet.
why? i dunno.

Likely due to the mmfce bugs that allowed people to steal coins via manual cash-out.   I know I've cleaned up the problem on all my pools except one (simply because I haven't wanted to touch my DGC pool yet).  

If my dgc pool happens to be on your list, let me know Smiley (upgrade coming within the next 3 days).

FWIW, you can generally just set an auto-threshold of anything below your current balance, and it'd send out your entire balance on next site update.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:31:50 PM

just set an auto-payout ammount and you will receive your coins once you have reached that ammount, actually a got many coins on pools with no manual payout enabled and with auto-payouts and dint have a problem yet

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:35:53 PM

Just tried to cash out from 6 of the pools i hold coins, wtf  Huh all of them have manual cash out disabled. Is this a new scam or their way of trying to squeeze a bit more hash power from me?

why? i dunno.

Likely due to the mmfce bugs that allowed people to steal coins via manual cash-out.   I know I've cleaned up the problem on all my pools except one (simply because I haven't wanted to touch my DGC pool yet).  

If my dgc pool happens to be on your list, let me know Smiley (upgrade coming within the next 3 days).

FWIW, you can generally just set an auto-threshold of anything below your current balance, and it'd send out your entire balance on next site update.

What fork were you using? This one? https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mmcfe-ng

nearmiss

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:37:09 PM

don't think so, but my stuff was pretty heavily customized anyways.  The bug itself is in payout.php, fwiw.  thesilverwolf pool op has some posts somewhere with more details, as I believe his SBC pool was hit with it early on.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:40:51 PM

don't think so, but my stuff was pretty heavily customized anyways.  The bug itself is in payout.php, fwiw.  thesilverwolf pool op has some posts somewhere with more details, as I believe his SBC pool was hit with it early on.

Yea i am googling it.

Either people are trying to do many manual payouts in less then a second or there is a race condition between manual and auto
payouts via the scripts. I am using greedi's fork.
nearmiss

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:45:27 PM

people are scripting posts to the payout form in quick succession, before the script has a chance to actually process/update the balance in the db. So they get like 5-6 withdraws in before the balance is 0.   Mine a few more coins and repeat.

Search your ledger table for a transType of Debit_MP (I think it is) to view manual payouts. If you see a whole bunch within seconds all going to 1 address, all for the same amount....he's exploiting this bug.

thep33t

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:47:27 PM

no, it is not. Payout.php deals with autopayouts, not manual.

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
nearmiss

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:48:07 PM

don't think so, but my stuff was pretty heavily customized anyways.  The bug itself is in payout.php, fwiw.  thesilverwolf pool op has some posts somewhere with more details, as I believe his SBC pool was hit with it early on.

no, it is not. Payout.php deals with autopayouts, not manual.

Yes your right, I meant accountdetails.php actually.  ( I moved my stuff to payouts.php as part of the cron, as a solution, hence the mis-step)

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:51:37 PM

thanks for the info all. looks like it is pretty easy to fix. I do not see a public fix for greedi's fork tho which could save me some time.
nearmiss

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:53:29 PM

thanks for the info all. looks like it is pretty easy to fix. I do not see a public fix for greedi's fork tho which could save me some time.

I just changed it to set a flag in the db, which a cron then picks up and processes (essentially doing exactly what auto-payout is).  Assuming your site updates are within a reasonable time, the end user experiences no real difference. They get their coins in $siteUpdateInterval amount of time.

Just one option though, I am sure there are plenty of ways to fix it.

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:06:45 AM

I just changed it to set a flag in the db, which a cron then picks up and processes (essentially doing exactly what auto-payout is).  Assuming your site updates are within a reasonable time, the end user experiences no real difference. They get their coins in $siteUpdateInterval amount of time.

Just one option though, I am sure there are plenty of ways to fix it.

your idea was a good one. I posted a fix in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239207.msg2533156#msg2533156

only complaint i have heard so far is some people want a txid immediately. i countered that mmcfe did not give it in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: