Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COIN STAKING QUESITON MARK  (Read 141 times)
soza1sheng (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:16:54 AM

Hello guys,

I'm quite new to POS system compare to POW system in this crypto industry. So I have some stupid question might want to get some helps from you.

1. Staking coin require to online pc for 24 hours?

2. Can I stake 4-5 coin in 1 time of I only can stake 1 coin at 1 pc?

3. Anyone here using RasberryPI for staking activities? How reliable it is?
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:27:30 AM

Staking requires that the wallet software is running.  Most POS coins, like BTCD, have a fixed interest rate.  If you leave your wallet running 24/7 for a year you will earn 5% over the course of that year. You will get many many small stakes.  If you leave your wallet off all year and then turn it on, when it stakes, you will get the full 5% in one stake.

Other coins, like GRWI, do not have this (at this time).  When you stake GRWI you get a fixed amount of coins. So if you leave your wallet open you will see many stakes of the same amount.  If your wallet is shut down for any length of time, you miss those stakes and they are not going to show up in your wallet when you start it up again.

You can stake as many types of coins you want on your PC provided your system can handle it.  Make sure you have plenty of storage and back up your wallets.

I have no experience on Raspberry Pi, but I know there are staking solutions made for it.

Good luck!
ElegantCy

Activity: 424
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:33:50 AM

Staking does not require 24/7 online activity only master node does.
Staking of coins like Xbox, B3 is profitable if you buy low.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: