Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:26:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic: the Gathering - Zendikar Fat Pack  (Read 1370 times)
chiropteran (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:19:58 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 04:05:24 AM by chiropteran

I bought several of these when the Zendikar set was released, because of the amazing full-card land art.  As an added bonus, apparently a very very small percentage of Zendikar boosters (there 8 booster packs per fat pack) contained authentic beta or unlimited cards that could be worth hundreds of dollars.

Anyway, I bought a box of these fat packs and opened a few, but I have several still brand new and sealed which I have decided to sell.

I am asking 2 BTC per fat pack, including basic domestic USA shipping.  Shipping insurance available for extra based on the actual cost to me.

I will not ship first, but I am perfectly willing to use a escrow (which may require additional charge for shipping).

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:07:28 PM

I used to play MTG.  The last one I used was the 2011 set.

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

For the record, all of the "Hidden Treasures" packs have been accounted for, and were only in the first two or three print runs.

Additionally, Zendikar booster boxes (36 packs total) are only about 3 btc on ABUgames, who even take bitcoin.

I think you'll need to lower your prices quite a bit before you find a buyer.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:08:31 PM

Me too.  Last one I played was Ice Age.  Is that like 20 yrs ago? 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:05:54 PM

Me too.  Last one I played was Ice Age.  Is that like 20 yrs ago? 
Ha!  Probably.

chiropteran (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 04:04:59 AM

For the record, all of the "Hidden Treasures" packs have been accounted for, and were only in the first two or three print runs.

Additionally, Zendikar booster boxes (36 packs total) are only about 3 btc on ABUgames, who even take bitcoin.

I think you'll need to lower your prices quite a bit before you find a buyer.

Do you have a source?  I feel like your info is flawed because...

1- I don't think wotc ever made any official announcement about the "hidden treasures", so there is no list to which they could have been "accounted" from.

2- I believe that the fat packs were only sold in the first print run, and were not reprinted like the standard booster boxes.

Still, the odds of getting a "treasure" card out of a fat pack is extremely slim,  I know people have opened whole cases and seen 0 treasures, so it's an extremely small chance of pulling one from a mere 8 booster packs.

I think most people value the fat packs because they each contain, in addition to booster packs, a pack of 40 basic land- which is full art basic land in the zendikar set.

That said, I'm bumping a very old post, and the value of bitcoin and the value of a fat pack have changed since I made the original post.

I'd now be willing to sell them for 2 BTC each.

lepenguin

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:10:14 PM

Would you do 1.5btc
chiropteran (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 11:54:13 AM

Would you do 1.5btc

The 2 btc price includes domestic USA shipping.  I'd consider selling one for a little cheaper if somehow shipping could be removed from the equation, are you anywhere near Washington DC?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: