Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Students in Istanbul are Taken into Custody due to Marihuana Order w Bitcoin  (Read 305 times)
kriptomadness (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:58:36 AM

5 students are taken into custody due to drug order w Bitcoin.

It is basically when you order via internet these marihuana prices are like 1/4th.

Cops get suspicious as there are no names on the cargo. Then they played it as if they were the delivery guys and then it opened a road for students to the court.

3 of these (Med) students are released but two of them got arrested.

https://kriptokoin.in/istanbulda-5-ogrenci-bitcoin-ile-bonzai-siparisinden-gozaltinda/

I will keep you updated if anything new happens.

Senior / Full
vltnqefi

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:08:50 AM

Well, if it's illegal to buy a controlled drug, I think it's deserved.In particular, countries such as Turkey are heavily regulated.You should understand that some of the pharmaceutical raw materials can be processed into drugs and then sold in the underground world, especially in Turkey's neighbors, Syria.This is not a big correlation with bitcoin.

skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:47:48 AM

Well nothing is surprising there since buying marijuana is illegal unless prescribed by doctors. Regardless if they used Bitcoin or fiat in buying them there is nothing on Bitcoin there. Well this could have been beneficial to Bitcoin since once again, a type of Bitcoin publicity Cheesy Nonetheless, Bitcoin has nothing to do with this news.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:28:46 AM

Well nothing is surprising there since buying marijuana is illegal unless prescribed by doctors. Regardless if they used Bitcoin or fiat in buying them there is nothing on Bitcoin there. Well this could have been beneficial to Bitcoin since once again, a type of Bitcoin publicity Cheesy Nonetheless, Bitcoin has nothing to do with this news.
If it had happened then why should we blame bitcoin for that, these are we humans who do misuse of a technology, we can also look at the positive side of bitcoins why are we using the positive quality of bitcoin with wrong intentions, drugs are illegal but they are used in some medications in order to treat some medical issues. They are trying to spread this news so to push down the price of bitcoin in order to grab some bitcoin for themselves
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:48:26 AM

So what? its not bitcoin fault. So if he was get caught with spending US$, or POUNDS will that made news? 99.99% drug purchases are with fiat money. So now people blame btc for drug purchasing lol.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:53:04 AM

Well it's not Bitcoin's fault on why they got arrested if Marijuana is illegal in their country then they are should be arrested. Also I don't understand why the 3 out of the 5 students are released, could you give us a reason why? Are they underage or something? Could you bring is some proper translation to the news so that we understand fully about it.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:57:29 AM

So what? its not bitcoin fault. So if he was get caught with spending US$, or POUNDS will that made news? 99.99% drug purchases are with fiat money. So now people blame btc for drug purchasing lol.

Maybe they are questioning about bitcoin when it comes to its decentralized system, and we all know that being unknown here on bitcoin is a major concern. Well if its illegal you really have to suffer for that, and true bitcoin is nothing to do with that
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:03:50 AM

It is basically when you order via internet these marihuana prices are like 1/4th.

Seriously, Marijuana is cheaper when bought with Bitcoin? Or does it not matter what mode of payment you use for as long as you order online? While I have no intention of ever buying illegal substances, I find it mildly interesting that discounts are given for this purpose. I'm going to go ahead assume that the discount only applies when purchasing with Bitcoin because it can be harder to trace if used the correct way, and you forego the need to a third party to facilitate the transactions.

But yeah, Bitcoin critics are going to have a field day with this. Bitcoin's use in crime is pretty rare in news nowadays so I'm sure they're hungry for content they could use for their agenda. It's not Bitcoin's fault, of course, but they will spin it that way just because Bitcoins are involved.

mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:26:16 AM

This is normal, and this isn't the first time
Is risky to buy illegal things on the dark web, especially if in large quantities
The police can't trace the bitcoin transactions, but they can trace the post
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:45:23 AM

Exactly as others have mentioned. Buying drugs (regardless of their class) is illegal no matter what payment method is used. Whenever drugs are found in customs they are either confiscated or passed in to the police who often decide to carry out a set up delivery to the address. They then raid the hous when the package is accepted/signed for. The issue here wasn’t that they paid BTC for drugs but the fact that they bought drugs. The only thing this story does is negatively portray Bitcoin because of the assumptions made.
crustez00

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:24:11 AM

1/4th = 1/4 of its own price in the streets or somewhere? well that's kinda cheap right? then that's the roots of the curious boys problem that want to try/ consume that illegal drugs in some region. well, i can't say much about it and what my opinion about that terrible news is the usage of bitcoin will depends on each person. just like the fiat. we use it to receive something. in term of usage, we can't say anything. either good usage or bad kind of usage  Smiley

Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:02:22 AM

ordering drugs via bitcoin doesn't change anything, it is criminal activity and highly illegal. Worst part of the story are jails in Turkey, so they will struggle there for survival. Best way for them is to get prosecuted somewhere else.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:09:47 AM

Bitcoin could not blamed for it.But now,the bitcoin criticizers would once again wake up and start screaming that its all due to bitcoins and if bitcoin is not there,then there would be no drugs sold in the world.The same incident happened earlier in india and the government even went to the extent of banning bitcoin,but then dropped it.Hope that the turkey government too would not take such steps against bitcoin.
TorinT

Activity: 173

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:18:15 PM

Such events are wrong. it's worse for me because to be in my own country instead of drugs if you invested things like that would not happen get well soon   Undecided Undecidedhttp://[btc]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: