Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:46:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc Cash question.  (Read 184 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:03:48 AM

Hi, we all know about Bitcoins cash right, earlier who had Bitcoins could claim it, however since I wasn't sure how good it will be, I didn't claim it, now my question is can I claim it? I mean since the prices have shot up, I want to know if I can claim it, using my private keys. I use a electrum wallet, and I have my private keys. If I can claim equivalent value of Bitcoin cash same as my bitcoin how do I do it, without risking my bitcoins, which wallet to use, can someone explain it easily to me, write steps if possible.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:03:10 AM

Hi, we all know about Bitcoins cash right, earlier who had Bitcoins could claim it, however since I wasn't sure how good it will be, I didn't claim it, now my question is can I claim it? I mean since the prices have shot up, I want to know if I can claim it, using my private keys. I use a electrum wallet, and I have my private keys. If I can claim equivalent value of Bitcoin cash same as my bitcoin how do I do it, without risking my bitcoins, which wallet to use, can someone explain it easily to me, write steps if possible.
Yes you can still claim it as long as you owned some Bitcoins before the August 1 hard fork and you have the private key or seed. Install Electron cash or any wallet that supports BCH and importing private key or seed, now transfer your Bitcoins to another wallet to make sure that your coins are secured but since you are using electrum just create another wallet where you can transfer it. After the transaction is confirmed you can now import your private keys or seed to Electron cash to claim it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: