Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why bitcoin price have fallen today?  (Read 1479 times)
Marian21 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:13:21 AM

know someone what happened?  Huh Huh Huh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:17:03 AM

Unfortunately, it is indeed falling at this moment and that is probably caused by the cancellation of the segwit2x that was supposed to happen th month. But we should not be worried about it but rather take advantage of the backdrop and invest to Bitcoin. It woll eventually increase just like what usually happens whenever its market value is falling.

lupinvn

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

Vietnamese Translator - Bounty manager

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 06:25:31 AM

Unfortunately, it is indeed falling at this moment and that is probably caused by the cancellation of the segwit2x that was supposed to happen th month. But we should not be worried about it but rather take advantage of the backdrop and invest to Bitcoin. It woll eventually increase just like what usually happens whenever its market value is falling.
I've invested all of my last money to BTC at the price $5650, but btc still falling down and scaring me a little. I'm still put my faith in it and hope the situation would more bright in some next day. What do you think ? can you give me an advice or maybe just your analysis?

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:27:07 AM

There are two possible reasons in my opinion:

First, Segwit2x was cancelled, so people who bought Bitcoin for the airdrop is selling back. This also typically happens after forks.

Second, there are a lot of propaganda spreading around saying Bitcoin Cash is the true Bitcoin. Segwit2x backers who pulled their support at the last minute gave their support to Bitcoin Cash instead, creating unnecessary uncertainty.

Don't worry about it though. It will recover just as it always does. For now, you can buy the dip.

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:55:06 AM

The current downturn also makes me uncomfortable to look at it and a little worried about whether bitcoin will keep moving down till below $5k. This probably more people are selling bitcoin and moving on altcoins to investing. And now there seems to be other support for altcoins like on bitcoin cash. Whether it's more people who really investing in it or there is a specific purpose

MRY

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 07:22:15 AM

the bitcoin price dropped may be due to the canceled segwit2x so that many sell bitcoin and switch to another coin

greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:27:56 AM

today i have witnessed bitcoin drop drastically in few hours, to 5700$ but bitcoin cash is rising  extremely fast, 135% compared to yesterday. i know bitcoin will drop because the canellation of segwit2x but i have never thought bitcoin can drop too much like this, so i am little bit worry about bitcoin price today.

Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:31:59 AM

I saw some post here in the forum last week that the value of bitcoin will be corrected and it will increase again before this year ends, i don't know if that's true or not.
Cryptomo

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:35:14 AM

Conspiracy

Miners and traitor want to kill BTC.
but they cant:)

https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr
Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:35:29 AM

Not everyday bitcoin will go high have a patience bro
Ljanesanti

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:36:27 AM

today i have witnessed bitcoin drop drastically in few hours, to 5700$ but bitcoin cash is rising  extremely fast, 135% compared to yesterday. i know bitcoin will drop because the canellation of segwit2x but i have never thought bitcoin can drop too much like this, so i am little bit worry about bitcoin price today.

monitoring the bitcoin price as of the moment i got worried as well but checking that it was due to segwit2x at least calmed my mind. Afterall after checking that it drop down its price i cashed in immediately and take this opportunity to buy more bitcoins. Dont fret this is a good thing especially to those who are starters and wanted to buy more.

Cryptomo

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:44:56 AM

The plan goes like this: 
Chinese miners (f2pool, antpool etc etc) have organised with major exchanges (via/huobi/okcoin etc) to support and launch bitcoin cash. 
Initially they will let everyone who wants to sell, sell.     
Once the coin has bottomed out, and everyone who wanted to sell has sold, they [chinese miners/jihad/chinese exchanges] will begin accumulating lots and lots of bitcoin cash.   
They will then begin to pump the price  to around 0.1 BCC/BTC - 10% 
The big pools won't mine it ~ they will let the smaller pools see the returns from mining this expensive, but low difficulty coin and start mining it. 
Later, the larger pools will join, and as we know, jihad has ALOT of hashing power, their plan is for bitcoin cash to have more hashing power than bitcoin ~ and lets be honest, once t he chinese move over, that is pretty much it. 
Around this time, the 'hard fork' section of segwit 2x is not going to happen ~ it never was - Bitcoin cash will then be seen as the original NYA coin.. 
At that point in time, Bitcoin cash will be on all major chinese exchanges, possibly some western exchanges aswell, and have majority hashing power. Western companies & other merchant providers (BitPay - @Spair) etc - paid off by bitmain etc will go along with the new bitcoin cash narrative and will push for the 'bitcoin cash' to be called 'bitcoin' on all their platforms, leaving only coinbase et all which will then be the odd ones out.. 

Now comes the scary part, The old bitcoin, the bitcoin we know and love, is going to get DESTROYED. 
What determines a coins success ? It's market cap.   
Big old school blockers and miners are going to dump bitcoin back to the bottom, they will take literally billions and billions of dollars out of bitcoin. They will use the money to fund the marketing, and development, or 'bitcoin cash' - Think, Bitcoin core - FIRED.  Think - forbes article, "why bitcoin miners and companies are moving to bitcoin cash" - think - "Why the market is chosing bitcoin cash as bitcoin not bitcoin core"  - They wil lsay the market has spoken, that people have voted with their money.   

Right now, massive huge shorts are being built, already on finex, shorts are at 32k - not seen since $200 these kinds of numbers of shorts, and its climbing, all the t ime, consistently, they have ALOT of coins to short.   

Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:48:16 AM

because of segwit fork and some of the investor sell their bitcoin to buy bitcoin cash. but i think bitcoin price will comeback next week they cant kill the bitcoin.
ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:27:51 AM

It depends on the coins ...that the amount of the company has to cover the bitcoin ,so it falls down now .
It does not mean that bitcoin wages will affect people. So people still get their wages when they fall down bitvoin rises but still have to get them from bitcoin because for every money ,for me it is worthless for this collapse because it also goes back to the bitcoin addiction and sometimes decrease...
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:32:05 AM

It depends on the coins ...that the amount of the company has to cover the bitcoin ,so it falls down now .
It does not mean that bitcoin wages will affect people. So people still get their wages when they fall down bitvoin rises but still have to get them from bitcoin because for every money ,for me it is worthless for this collapse because it also goes back to the bitcoin addiction and sometimes decrease...

Well a lot of those issues had been stated already but at least even if bitcoin has dropped users who had bcc and btg are now enjoying the delights of those increases. Bcc is now at 2000$ ang btg is even at 350$> i cant even imagine that btg at .6$ went toe a very high price. I regretted not buying btg when it was still low because i think it had no future. So now i know what happens a fork is cancelled.
Preclus

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:37:45 AM

Let's see...

The BTC bitcoin fee to get a transaction to happen in an hour is currently $13.86

(have to say "BTC" because there are multiple "bitcoins")

The BTC transaction backlog is huge

The BTC bitcoin developers are fighting and fragmenting

BTC mining is centralized with a tiny number of Chinese miners having the majority of hashing power (and thus control over what transactions happen)

BTC money is flowing into BCH because.. just because.

But nobody takes BCH as payment showing that whether a "coin" is used for payment or not doesn't matter (see Ethereum). This also shows whether a "coin" is used to actually buy things doesn't matter at all.

The number of bitcoins is essentially unlimited because ever time there is a fork, the number doubles. It is clear there will be no "official" bitcoin as everyone jumps ship to whatever they feel like.

Other than that...

tomwrx

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:41:54 AM

I see people are easliy manipulated by some fake websites spreading fake news. Just keep you head calm and do your own research on what's happening.

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:44:26 AM

im little bit worried today that bitcoin drop down its price. im saving my bitcoin because i thought botcoin will increase the price but now its not what i think. but i put my faith to bitcoin and think positive.
nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:50:41 AM

most people here speculate that it is mostly cause by the cancellation of the segwit2x. When you really think about bitcoin is has been pumping for weeks, I think it is due time that the price correct, it just so happens that in timed with the cancellation or it just someone or group of people manipulating the price.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Anarc Senior

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:54:13 AM

The plan goes like this: 
Chinese miners (f2pool, antpool etc etc) have organised with major exchanges (via/huobi/okcoin etc) to support and launch bitcoin cash. 
Initially they will let everyone who wants to sell, sell.     
Once the coin has bottomed out, and everyone who wanted to sell has sold, they [chinese miners/jihad/chinese exchanges] will begin accumulating lots and lots of bitcoin cash.   
They will then begin to pump the price  to around 0.1 BCC/BTC - 10% 
The big pools won't mine it ~ they will let the smaller pools see the returns from mining this expensive, but low difficulty coin and start mining it. 
Later, the larger pools will join, and as we know, jihad has ALOT of hashing power, their plan is for bitcoin cash to have more hashing power than bitcoin ~ and lets be honest, once t he chinese move over, that is pretty much it. 
Around this time, the 'hard fork' section of segwit 2x is not going to happen ~ it never was - Bitcoin cash will then be seen as the original NYA coin.. 
At that point in time, Bitcoin cash will be on all major chinese exchanges, possibly some western exchanges aswell, and have majority hashing power. Western companies & other merchant providers (BitPay - @Spair) etc - paid off by bitmain etc will go along with the new bitcoin cash narrative and will push for the 'bitcoin cash' to be called 'bitcoin' on all their platforms, leaving only coinbase et all which will then be the odd ones out.. 

Now comes the scary part, The old bitcoin, the bitcoin we know and love, is going to get DESTROYED. 
What determines a coins success ? It's market cap.   
Big old school blockers and miners are going to dump bitcoin back to the bottom, they will take literally billions and billions of dollars out of bitcoin. They will use the money to fund the marketing, and development, or 'bitcoin cash' - Think, Bitcoin core - FIRED.  Think - forbes article, "why bitcoin miners and companies are moving to bitcoin cash" - think - "Why the market is chosing bitcoin cash as bitcoin not bitcoin core"  - They wil lsay the market has spoken, that people have voted with their money.   

Right now, massive huge shorts are being built, already on finex, shorts are at 32k - not seen since $200 these kinds of numbers of shorts, and its climbing, all the t ime, consistently, they have ALOT of coins to short.   

Nice theory but the BTC price has  already reversed - it bottomed  out around a couple hours ago - and has gone backup from $5800 up to now ~ $6300

Mean time BCC has topped out and free falling from ~$2500 back to to around $1600

Here's why the big whale plan would not work:

1). Not all BTC holders are in it for the morney and we will not sell the bitcoins now no matter what happen.

2). There are many real reasons why BTC is in the high demand - not just the stock market hype of how much money get pulled out or pumped in...it's the technologies stupid !!!

3). There are real demand for btc worldwide for what  it was designed and become highly desirable today and there are real people whose want to own it - worldwide.  There is along list of merchants, whose will accepts btc as the payment

4). Nobody I know of will accept bcc as a form of payment

So good luck !
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: