Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:35:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin cash will confuse the people who are new to the cryptospace  (Read 363 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:55:29 AM

If bitcoin cash takes over as the top cryptocoin in market capitalization, I reckon it would be bad not only for bitcoin but the whole community as well.

We know bitcoin cash is the altcoin, and it does not have the best developers working on it. I also reckon some miners will start mining BCC because it would be more profitable for them. What then should the basis be for calling either BTC or BCC as the real bitcoin?

Is it the developers, the price, or the hashrate?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
8270thNinja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:18:16 AM

What Community chooses should be the real Bitcoin, and mostly of the community including the new one will choose the coin which have a bigger market cap growth in the span of a short time and that is BCH, I don't want to be negative i am just being realistic here. BCH have better features than Bitcoin also the Cap is now, but the winner will be chosen by how big is the community supports each coin.
TangentC

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:24:36 AM

If bitcoin cash takes over as the top cryptocoin in market capitalization, I reckon it would be bad not only for bitcoin but the whole community as well.

We know bitcoin cash is the altcoin, and it does not have the best developers working on it. I also reckon some miners will start mining BCC because it would be more profitable for them. What then should the basis be for calling either BTC or BCC as the real bitcoin?

When Bitcoin Cash have bigger marketcap and higher hashrate, it become the 1 True Bitcoin.

Core segwit version be left to die.

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Well as long as they exist, this debate will continue.

Both sides will claim that they are the real bitcoin with the best intentions and whatever. For me personally, the deciding factor would really be in terms of market capitalization. If BCH can exceed BTC in market capitalization(unlikely), then it could claim as THE bitcoin.

It definitely will cause a lot of confusion for newcomers. Had a couple of friends ask me lately about what the hell was bitcoin cash.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:40:51 AM

Confuse ?

That is giving them too much credit.
Seen the topic above yours ? "How do I start out trading with $200?"

These are brain dead idiots here man.
They just re-post topics asking "What coin should i buy?" etc.

Most have such a horrendous grasp of English they couldn't possibly have even read the topics on the coin in question.
I'm surprised they can tie their shoes or post Speculation topics in the actual Speculation section.

The smart ones here in crypto are sleazy scammers.. the rest are retards.
Why would you want to be a part of this idiotic crap ?

The scary part is too is that the morons are in control of crypto.
They are the majority and the majority steers the ship.

FUD first & ask questions later™
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:36:06 AM

When you care about those new people, the problem is not about bitcoin cash, fork or ICOs, it is about them. They call themselves as investor but it is obvious that they are doomed to lose, they are victims for the market.

bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:40:43 AM

Well as long as they exist, this debate will continue.

Both sides will claim that they are the real bitcoin with the best intentions and whatever. For me personally, the deciding factor would really be in terms of market capitalization. If BCH can exceed BTC in market capitalization(unlikely), then it could claim as THE bitcoin.

It definitely will cause a lot of confusion for newcomers. Had a couple of friends ask me lately about what the hell was bitcoin cash.

But what about the community? What if we still want the original bitcoin because we know it has the best development team working on it? If the price is your only basis in deciding which bitcoin will be called BTC then you are easily manipulated by the people on the top.

I agree with @8270thNinja.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

Not sure about who is the correct choice. but the real bitcoin can be determined through the demadn of the coin itself, and the market capitalization seems to be a correct choice about that. The real bitcoin is about the community's choice. And that's ridiculous to determine the real bitcoin through the developer and at the same time we are know about most of them are politician.
About the hashrate, bitcoin is not only owned by the miners.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:52:35 AM

It would be the one that would have high demand. Every time a coin increase in value and bitcoin is retracing, many are saying that it is crashing and the one that is rising sooner or later would replace bitcoin but it is not happening yet. Many are trapped to the recent bitcoin cash pumped and if they are really the true bitcoin as what they claim then many should have been holding to it but still others sold their position at a loss. Bitcoin has been slowly accepted as payment option by many merchants and bitcoin cash may have bigger block size but only few are accepting them.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
radeone

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 02:59:59 AM

How many bch pairs do you see traded outside of bch/btc? 0. Case closed. This was a coordinated attack on the bitcoin network. There have been a multitude of small transactions that have jammed up btc's ledger and raised the fees. Furthermore, the mining has been flip flopping between the two. BTC for life BCH rip.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:11:31 AM

We all know that bitcoin still has a number of shortcomings and they are not being eliminated. If these cliches are deprived of their clones, and besides they will have their own other virtues, I do not see any special reason not to use this coin. Yes, at first it will cause some confusion in the names, but nothing, we will get used to it. Or the names will be replaced with more original ones. The Crypto currency must develop and provide additional convenience to users, rather than standing still in terms of technical solutions.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:22:34 AM

People would get it the way they want it.
It would be conservative to say bitcoin only is the best cryptocurrency.
Yes, it was one of the first but there are also people who may argue bitcoincash is the real bitcoin (though I'm not among them).
So, its all upto the people.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:40:36 AM

When you care about those new people, the problem is not about bitcoin cash, fork or ICOs, it is about them. They call themselves as investor but it is obvious that they are doomed to lose, they are victims for the market.

We seen it before with the mass SCRYPT cloning hype days.
They all got burned and a small minority made profit and almost all left.

Let's put this into perspective.
A company i just read about here in Canada on my local news web site had it's shares go to $1.36.
They were considering that a success for the manufacturing car parts company after they reported a half billion in profits.

Then look at what some of theses retarded coins are worth.  Roll Eyes

..nuff said.

FUD first & ask questions later™
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

We know bitcoin cash is the altcoin,

Bitcoincash is only changing the blocksize. Bitcoin core have changed many things
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:32:22 PM

Yes, it might confuse the newbie. But these guys should be wise enough to get acquainted with plenty of info about crypto market — get data from various sources. Additionally November 13 Bitcoin Cash fork can change many things! BTW - what news about it?
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:36:25 PM

It's confusing for newcomers alright. But I would hope people who get into bitcoin right now would be a little smarter.
Or has the casual crowd made it to btc already?  Roll Eyes
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:37:35 PM

Yes, it might confuse the newbie. But these guys should be wise enough to get acquainted with plenty of info about crypto market — get data from various sources. Additionally November 13 Bitcoin Cash fork can change many things! BTW - what news about it?

Newbies don't trade on alt market. They use primarily big exchange like Kraken , coinbase... So they can be pretty aware that the price of "BitcoiN Cash" is less thant "Bitcoin" because it's 2 different thing. However the thins that could be morse is the confusing of blockchain and wallet for a early crypto enthousiast. That can be very harmful :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: