Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:29:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] Bitbar. Problem with transactions.[RESOLVED]  (Read 1029 times)
Killiz (OP)

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:48:58 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 03:21:20 AM by Killiz

I have noticed that some Bitbar addresses are not being recognised by the network.
One example is Zalfrin's address posted in my giveaway.
http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/address/BQ36oozoZj8XkuemQD6pTTY3fREtryt6fv

I have spoken to Zalfrin and although he has updated to client 0.4.1 his address is still not recognised.
I have sent a transaction to this address yesterday and it still shows with 0 confirms.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238328.0

I've searched more addresses posted on the giveaway and there are more with the same problem.

I would like to continue the giveaway but I cant risk doing it with the current situation.

Does anyone know why this has happened? Is it because of the recent update, or are these addresses locked with Bars that have generated stake, and will be available after stake is confirmed?

Thanks Killiz

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitBardev

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:10:25 PM

First try to rescan [bitbar-qt.exe -rescan]

Maybe your transactions were made during desynchronisation or safe mode, and were not sent to the network.
You can check it in transaction details in your transaction section.

if it doesnt help :

-backup C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Bitbar
-delete everything but bitbar.conf and wallet.dat
-download blockchain again.

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

Those addresses are not shown on blockexplorer, because your transfer didn't hit the network.

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

PoS blocks do not lock the wallet.  In fact you must run the following unlock to be able to generate PoS blocks if your wallet is encrypted:

Run the Bitbar-Qt program and open your wallet.  Go to wherever Bitbar is installed:  Usually it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitbar\, in that folder you will see BitBar-Qt.exe.  Within that folder create a batch file called "mint.bat".

Place this code in the mint.bat file:

Code:
@echo off
@echo Enter PPC password...
SET /P variable=Password :
ppcoind walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true

This batch file will ask you for your wallet password and will unlock your wallet for minting purposes only, any transfers will still require your password to be initiated.  This must be run each time the client is restarted.  

If you did everything correctly you can hover over the lock icon in the lower right corner and it will say "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked".

This is the same as PPcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:14:41 PM

Maybe your transactions were made during desynchronisation or safe mode, and were not sent to the network.

if it doesnt help :

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

Those addresses are not shown on blockexplorer, because your transfer didn't hit the network.

Ok first of all thanks for your help with this.

I have did all of the above, however I am now receiving an error message when trying to make a transaction.
http://postimg.org/image/o3vf203jj/
It is showing sufficient balance, I have only spent 1.3 bitbars in total from my wallet, and have many bitbars available.
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:24:18 PM

if it doesnt help :

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

I have did all of the above, however I am now receiving an error message when trying to make a transaction.
It is showing sufficient balance, I have only spent 1.3 bitbars in total from my wallet, and have many bitbars available.

Did you mine a PoS block? If you did, you can only spend your original coins after confirmation of the PoS block.

Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:27:58 PM

if it doesnt help :

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

Did you mine a PoS block? If you did, you can only spend your original coins after confirmation of the PoS block.

Yes I mined PoS block, I have sufficient balance aside from what is being held as stake.
skyangel

FLO dev

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:30:55 PM

if it doesnt help :

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

Yes I mined PoS block, I have sufficient balance aside from what is being held as stake.

Sounds strange. Does it work if you revert back to the original client?

Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:33:39 PM

if it doesnt help :

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

No, same error message Huh
skyangel

FLO dev

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:42:57 PM

if it doesnt help :

Cheers. Bitbar team.

edit:

No, same error message Huh

Maybe your wallet have corruption. Try this: Export your private keys. Create a new blank wallet. Import your old private keys.

Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:05:04 PM

Solved! Luckily I backup my wallet.dat every other day, used one I backed up a couple of days ago, and everything back in order.
Wallet.dat must of been corrupted.
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:26:48 PM

Managed to do 4 transactions before getting same error message, changed wallet.dat for backup, and back to normal again. Very strange
BitBardev

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

Maybe your wallet have corruption. Try this: Export your private keys. Create a new blank wallet. Import your old private keys.

This.
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:42:02 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 08:24:51 PM by Killiz

Ok, so here we go  Smiley

I have Rescanned, checked, and repaired wallet. I have unlocked wallet for minting purposes. I have dumped private keys and imported them to a new clean wallet...twice!.
First time I imported all private keys from all addresses associated with my original wallet, even the ones with zero balance.
First transaction...error message again!
I re-imported them to another new wallet but this time only imported addresses with a balance. Seemed to be ok for 2 transactions then the dreaded error again.
Every time I get this error a number of coins are added to my wallet balance  Huh

If I 'checkwallet' command in the debug-console I get the code....(just an example changes every time) "mismatched spent coins" : 2,
"amount in question" : 4.66262000.(although I am only sending 0.1 bitbar in my giveaway!)
If I then do a 'repairwallet' command I get the code "mismatched spent coins" : 2,
"amount affected by repair" : 4.66262000
I then do another 'checkwallet' command and "wallet check passed" : true
Yet my balance Goes up more every time I do this.

The only thing I can think of is, I may have used an old wallet.dat in the past, that was backed up before I made new transactions, and copied into Roaming/bitbar folder after re-downloading blockchain, and this had wrong transaction info on it.

However if I have imported the private keys of addresses into a clean client this should not matter.

I'm stumped
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:07:13 AM

Bump.
Has anyone had similar issues with PPC,  NVC or any other cryptocurrency.
Any help would be appreciated.
BitBardev

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:01:24 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238608.msg2550970#msg2550970

Update, and redownload blockchain. You should be OK. Sunny King found potential cause of this problem, and His fix is ready.
Breen2543

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:54:41 PM

No problem here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: