Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken refuses to support ETH/EOS  (Read 531 times)
Mitty2k5 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:37:34 AM

I have recently created a Deposit Address to fund EOS on Kraken.com.
EOS are ERC20 Tokens based on the Ethereum Platform.

That also means, that there is no technical difference in creating a wallet address for ETH or EOS.

I admit that I accidently created an ETH Deposit address but I did not know that this would be an issue because simply that would create the same ETH Wallet as if i chose EOS Transfer.

Kraken does not seem to have an automated process to transfer the tokens from the deposit address.
So my EOS Coins are basically laying there, not being processed.

https://etherscan.io/token/EOS?a=0x8d3b08af9e9e1ef1bd19c79992a65f9e9d47fe30

Kraken Support refuses to either credit the coins or return them back to me, even though they have the key to access the wallet.
I am currently talking to a lawyer and I am looking for similar cases where someone has interacted with the support.

I appreciate any form a feedback. Please let me know if you guys have been in similar situations where kraken offered help or not.

Best regards, Mitty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:41:12 AM

generally you wanna test exchanges with very small deposits first to make sure it works.. good luck.
FarmerOak

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:42:29 AM

Tough, hopefully they get around to sending it back to you soon

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:44:31 AM

Kraken Support refuses to either credit the coins or return them back to me, even though they have the key to access the wallet.

You've got that in writing from them? Or is it just that they haven't yet got round to responding to your support ticket?

On Kraken, when you go to the funding page, you have to click a button saying that you understand that you have to deposit to the correct address and they are not liable for your mistakes. Pretty sure that's in their terms and conditions too.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 06:45:52 AM

I don't know about kraken, but for comparison: Bittrex specifically says they won't return any coins they don't support. Other mistakes (for example sending Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash address) can only be fixed for deposits above $5000, at a 0.1 BTC fee.

I can imagine why they don't want to do this: every day new tokens are literally created out of thin air. If people randomly send them to their addresses, it takes a lot of manual effort to sort it out.
It also shows the bubble-level of hundreds of ICOs: people buying it have no idea what they're doing.

Mitty2k5 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:52:34 AM

You've got that in writing from them? Or is it just that they haven't yet got round to responding to your support ticket?

On Kraken, when you go to the funding page, you have to click a button saying that you understand that you have to deposit to the correct address and they are not liable for your mistakes. Pretty sure that's in their terms and conditions too.

They admited it technically possible to give it back to me, but it would require an employee to take a manual step. And they dont want that. Thats what they wrote to me.
Mitty2k5 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:56:33 AM

I don't know about kraken, but for comparison: Bittrex specifically says they won't return any coins they don't support. Other mistakes (for example sending Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash address) can only be fixed for deposits above $5000, at a 0.1 BTC fee.

I can imagine why they don't want to do this: every day new tokens are literally created out of thin air. If people randomly send them to their addresses, it takes a lot of manual effort to sort it out.
It also shows the bubble-level of hundreds of ICOs: people buying it have no idea what they're doing.

You are right and it was my initial mistake. But they do support EOS and theres no difference between EOS and ETH because they are running on the same blockchain. They just havent coded an automised process. You can see the EOS laying on their wallet which only they have access too. They dont have the right to keep my coins without service in return.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 11:38:07 AM

They just havent coded an automised process. You can see the EOS laying on their wallet which only they have access too. They dont have the right to keep my coins without service in return.
I don't know the legal status of "a token". But extra coding to fix customer's mistakes costs money without any return.

b_mining_julian

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:44:15 PM

hi,

exactly the same problem. In Juli 2017 they promised that they will recover EOS and till now they did nothing. Sometimes they answer if we ask on the progress, sometimes not.  Yes, one day we will recover but you have to wait. Yes it was our mistake to send EOS to Etherwallet but it was 3 in the morning and humans make mistakes. If they have said, its your problem and forget it, ok, but they said they will recover it. We are waiting since Juli 2017 and that is not nice.

It is for me a 2 min task to send this EOS to an other ERC20 Wallet. And we are not the only one who are waiting long time for recover. After this happend they added a button which said that they will not recover anything if you make mistakes. I understand this absolutly but if the promise something, they have to do it.

B.R.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: