Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:23:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Big Showdown - BTC vs BCH  (Read 769 times)
Sachinist (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:12:28 PM

There is obviously a lot of chatter about BCH. FUDders are trying to mislead People into thinking that BCH could take over from BTC. Anyone who believes this even in the slightest needs to remember that this event will completely nuke the entire crypto market. It will set ALL of us back 8 years.

It's not good for anyone involved in cryptocurrencies if a miner-controlled, de facto centralized cloned currency threatens THE cryptocurrency with seemingly impregnable reputation established through 8 years of hard toil within a matter of days through artificial pumping.

What this would mean is that banks, governments, media and the so called financial experts were all right all the way along that cryptocurrencies are unreliable and it's just a classic economic bubble that could burst in an instant. After the recent mainstream attention on Bitcoin, any attack on Bitcoin to destabilize it is a death sentence for all cryptocurrencies and that includes all Bitcoin clones. Anyone who is blindly following along is pretty damn dumb and will end up falling on their ass. It's downright suicide.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:46:02 PM

it has already set us back a couple of years. the 150K+ unconfirmed transactions, slow blocks and high fees are all damages that bitcoin is talking. and the longer things stay like this, the less reliable bitcoin will become as a currency. and in the end nobody is a winner here except the altcoins.
for now their win is them getting pumped during these fights. but if they continue like this, it opens up a lot of room for an altcoin to swoop in and put an end to all the nonsense. most probably a decentralized one not the top 10 which are heavily centralized.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:57:40 AM

But what about those millions who still believe in the bitcoin and not the bitcoin cash. The drama like this will repeat itself many times and people like you or me are there to think that bitcoin is still safe then we don’t have to worry about these artificial pumping of the coins. If we are bale to predict this then I’m sure rest of the community will do that in first glance. There are really very less supporter of this coins and I’m sure they were expecting the pump to go to as Hugh as 5K today or tomorrow but unfortunately the thing collapsed on their foot and now they are damaged like anything. People are here to gran the profits from the alt coin and BCH is another alt coin so just get this clear people went there to just grab the profits and nothing else. So I believe we are completely safe here to play the act. 

Corporatocracy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:03:18 AM

BTC, even if just for the fees, is currently unusable in small amounts. You might say it should have its place with bigger transactions, but why even pick it for that when an alternative can do both large and small better? I know things may change in the future, but that's what it is now.

I've moved to coins other than these 2 for the time being.

we don’t have to worry about these artificial pumping of the coins.

All coins were pumped from nothing. Am I missing something?

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:29:16 AM

i think the BCH price surge is more likely over since price continues to crash as the holders selling their bitcoin cash the reason of BCH price surge due to the supporters of segwit2x were moving to bitcoin cash just to support the big blocks so, it will be a short lived surge since many of us were holding bitcoin cash and already sold it.

There is obviously a lot of chatter about BCH. FUDders are trying to mislead People into thinking that BCH could take over from BTC. Anyone who believes this even in the slightest needs to remember that this event will completely nuke the entire crypto market. It will set ALL of us back 8 years.

It's not good for anyone involved in cryptocurrencies if a miner-controlled, de facto centralized cloned currency threatens THE cryptocurrency with seemingly impregnable reputation established through 8 years of hard toil within a matter of days through artificial pumping.

What this would mean is that banks, governments, media and the so called financial experts were all right all the way along that cryptocurrencies are unreliable and it's just a classic economic bubble that could burst in an instant. After the recent mainstream attention on Bitcoin, any attack on Bitcoin to destabilize it is a death sentence for all cryptocurrencies and that includes all Bitcoin clones. Anyone who is blindly following along is pretty damn dumb and will end up falling on their ass. It's downright suicide.
well indeed since bitcoin is gone mainstream, many people are now on eyes on bitcoin so, any attack like big block supporters did on segwit2x will affect on altcoins and especially bitcoin itself so, in the end nobody will win but these 2 candidates it's either ethereum or bitcoin cash since bitcoin cash had garnered some attention since the price surge
crptotrader007

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:39:47 AM

It is really shameful to see such people in the crypto world too who try to manipulate the coins by their influence just to grab others' hard earned money. Bitcoin is such a fantastic currency and it has the ability to multi-sector problems but instead of using it or enhancing it's ability people want to own it, manipulate it and play with it with their politics. It is really shameful for us as there will be more people now in the list who will be against its abilities and will be criticizing it for its faults. If this stops now then there are good chances for BTC to flourish but if it keeps going on like this then I must say the future of BTC is in trouble.
henkcryptotank

Activity: 724
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:43:39 AM

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:51:28 AM

At the moment there is a big confusion among bitcoin usres, especialy those who don't have much experience. It sems like someone wants to start some kind of war between bitcoin supporters and bitcoin cash supporters. I don't understand how easily some people buy stories about bitcoin being dead and that bitcoin cash is the true coin who is going to replace it. All this deosn't make much sense to me and I hope bitcoin supporters will prevale and everything will be back to normal.

malaj
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:08:01 PM

It is really shameful to see such people in the crypto world too who try to manipulate the coins by their influence just to grab others' hard earned money. Bitcoin is such a fantastic currency and it has the ability to multi-sector problems but instead of using it or enhancing it's ability people want to own it, manipulate it and play with it with their politics. It is really shameful for us as there will be more people now in the list who will be against its abilities and will be criticizing it for its faults. If this stops now then there are good chances for BTC to flourish but if it keeps going on like this then I must say the future of BTC is in trouble.

Mostly, I agree.
We can not predict the future of bitcoins because of what just happened. We all experienced one terrible thing of manipulation of bitcoin price.
But in contrast, at the end of the day, users are also to blame. They were greedy enough to leave bitcoin behind. I don't know if they knew they were the one helping a scammer or a bad person to bury themselves alive. 
They shift without basis. Frankly they don't deserve bitcoins.
But since all is clear. Let's just be careful next time. Don't trust a false statement.
russelluk

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:20:31 PM

Bitcoin is predominant at the moment and for all cryptos to survive long term then Bitcoin must continue to flourish until this is all mainstream. We will not get respect from the mainstream media and governments (and ultimately we will need that) if the fiasco that took place last weekend happens again. Yes in time Bitcoin might be taken over if a more suitable and popular alt proves to win out. This win however must be by popular consensus of the users of the crypto currencies and not through manipulation of certain individuals for their own benefit at the expense of the masses. Yes Facebook did take over from MySpace but it was the users who made this decision and it was a natural growth not a coup.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:24:58 PM

I really don't have any specific issue against the momentum BCH is getting and the increase in price that it has witnessed in the last couple of days and the bold part of your submission is something that is of concern. Everyday, there are threads about when will bitcoin be accepted by merchants or when will government regularized bitcoin but with the way this is going, which one exactly will government recognize. Obviously they cannot recognize all the coins we have in this crypto space but the question is in all the bitcoins that we have, which one id right for recognition when each and everyone of them is claiming to be the bitcoin.

I share in your fear because what the developers and people who are behind all this are doing is to create confusion and also as a word sent to the core developers to do something about the issues in which other developers are giving against bitcoin and are using as an excuse to have a fork or any other coin.
Sachinist (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:32:09 PM

Mostly, I agree.
We can not predict the future of bitcoins because of what just happened. We all experienced one terrible thing of manipulation of bitcoin price.
But in contrast, at the end of the day, users are also to blame. They were greedy enough to leave bitcoin behind. I don't know if they knew they were the one helping a scammer or a bad person to bury themselves alive. 
They shift without basis. Frankly they don't deserve bitcoins.
But since all is clear. Let's just be careful next time. Don't trust a false statement.

You say careful next time but problem is sheep will always be sheep.

Bitcoin is the greatest invention in the history of all economy, not just virtual or decentralized economy. But Bitcoin is not for ignorant unthinking fools who follow twitter feeds of self-interested trolls like Roger Ver and co.
waqarkahloon

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:36:31 PM

Yes bitcoin is always bitcoin. It can never be replaced by any other. It is gold of crypto industry and it will always be there. Other currency will also grow with bitcoin

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

And now price is going up again for bitcoin. 4.5k-5k was never reached and I'm sad that I missed the bottom to buy some coins.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Sachinist (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:44:31 PM

I really don't have any specific issue against the momentum BCH is getting and the increase in price that it has witnessed in the last couple of days and the bold part of your submission is something that is of concern. Everyday, there are threads about when will bitcoin be accepted by merchants or when will government regularized bitcoin but with the way this is going, which one exactly will government recognize. Obviously they cannot recognize all the coins we have in this crypto space but the question is in all the bitcoins that we have, which one id right for recognition when each and everyone of them is claiming to be the bitcoin.

I share in your fear because what the developers and people who are behind all this are doing is to create confusion and also as a word sent to the core developers to do something about the issues in which other developers are giving against bitcoin and are using as an excuse to have a fork or any other coin.

In the words of Satoshi Nakamoto, 'Hard forks must only even be considered as a last resort'. How many last resorts in 3 months? I want 2mb, I will make a hard fork. I want 8mb, I will make a hard fork. I want new mining device, I will make a hard fork. Open-source will always have such exploiters.

Every single hard fork of Bitcoin was effected due to greed and to serve self-interest of a minority. As long as there are fools, there will be conmen. As long as there are stupid people in the network who entertain hard forks, there will be a hard fork every month. If you feel strongly about a genuine improvement to Bitcoin, you should appeal to the whole network and try to explain your idea to them and why it is the best course of action.

With sufficient proof of concept, people are not dumb to reject ideas which are beneficial to Bitcoin. Hard forks create unoriginal, cheap clone coins and are only meant to benefit a few selfish, egoistic dissenters. If you follow these people, they will take you down with them. By giving them support or even attention, you unwittingly run the risk of tearing the whole system down. In whose interest is that?
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:48:02 PM

At the moment it seems everyone is flocking towards bitcoin cash and I really don't know why it is going that way. I thought BCH was dead but the now canceled fork has in ways I can't explain made investors go to BCH and even the miners are doing the same. I am sure in the end BTC will win.

SirWilliam

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:54:14 PM

Bitcoin is Bitcoin. It stands alone.

BCH is an altcoin so we can speculate about how it might perform longterm compared to DOGE or NEO or EnjinCoin, etc.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:58:42 PM

At the moment it seems everyone is flocking towards bitcoin cash and I really don't know why it is going that way. I thought BCH was dead but the now canceled fork has in ways I can't explain made investors go to BCH and even the miners are doing the same. I am sure in the end BTC will win.

It's all doing for Bitmain. BCH just some way to sell more ASICs and to make mining more profitable. They can jump from original BTC to others one and back to change difficult of networks and  make money.
TangentC

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:01:24 PM

Bitcoin is Bitcoin. It stands alone.

BCH is an altcoin so we can speculate about how it might perform longterm compared to DOGE or NEO or EnjinCoin, etc.

Bitcoin Cash Works
Low Fees
Fast Transactions
Inflation Control

Core BTC Coin does not Work
Insane Fees / $20 to send $60
Insane Wait time / Weeks for transaction to complete

Maybe instead being stupid, you get smart and just fix core coin flaws instead of blaming others because you stupid.

Dogecoin , ok for quick payment, not safe to hold
Low Fees
Fast Transactions
High Inflation destroys it ability to be store of value ,Price per coin will always drop over time, Making too many too fast
(Reason it founder left it)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:11:16 PM

I don't like bitcoin cash that much

why? i loved it just as i love all the pumping altcoins Grin

yeah it hurt bitcoin in a short period of time but the good news is that you can't play the "bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin" - card ever again after this disastrous BCH dump and loss of hashrate after the dump leading to slow blocks with a very high difficulty.

and the other good news is that all the bitcoin {something}s in the future won't be able to play this card, at least not as effectively. in my opinion it is best that we get all these type of crap out of our systems before the real mass adoption is reached.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: