Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin should rise amidst this civil war  (Read 509 times)
fabiorem (OP)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:52:44 PM

We all know BCH have no future as is highly centralized, and BTC is stagnated due to the scalling discussion.

LTC already have the implementations of BTC and, tech-wise, is always at the front. It already have atomic swap, and can scale more easily as there are less people using it, so the network is not congested.

LTC is also considered as "virtual silver", whereas BTC is "virtual gold". If you study the history of currency, you will see that silver was most used for minting physical coins in the past. Silver was used in daily exchanges and the value of the coins was according to its purity. Gold was kept in reserve and was only for high values. It was more expensive to transport too, as it was prone to theft, requiring more security.

As we can see now, BTC cost much more than LTC, and is more expensive to move due to its high fees, hence it can only be used to buy expensive things.

LTC should rise amidst this dispute between BTC and BCH. BCH dont have any of the new implementations, dont have SegWit, and it have big blocks instead, which might centralize the nodes on servers, thus defeating the purpose of a P2P decentralized currency.

Why not LTC to go forward and become better than bitcoin, as a way of payment, and have its own ATMs around the world? Why not expanding its network to business and startups? Why not become like the silver in the middle ages, a currency that can be used daily, not just a store of value? Let BTC have the sole purpose of a store of value, its gold anyway, virtual gold, something you kept in a safe, something you hodl until you need it, to buy big, expensive stuff.

LTC should go to a hundred dollars so that it can do what bitcoin cannot right now. LTC should take the crown and show what virtual silver is, the currency of the streets.

Tell me what do you think.

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:37:03 PM

To be sincere Litecoin is one of the most undervalued project in the space, I just feel they need a new brand, is it being seen as second rated to Bitcoin, but after Lee as devoted his time to the project, it has seen so much progress and the market is not pricing into the price.
sandy14350

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:46:34 PM

its the perfect time for lite coin to raise between the dispute of btc and bch, if rosen high then ltc will reach its all time high levels, i wish ltc use this correction time as the best advantage
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:54:13 PM

Agree with OP that Litecoin is better than BCH and will rise. It is just a matter of time before
more people figure this out and get into Litecoin.
p4nt5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 03:24:55 PM

I stand by my opinion that LTC should be worth 1% of BTC. So no it shouldn't rise. But whenever there it starts to get away from that 1%, i short or buy depending on which way it's going. It's working out pretty well so far.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:53:33 PM

We all know BCH have no future as is highly centralized, and BTC is stagnated due to the scalling discussion.

LTC already have the implementations of BTC and, tech-wise, is always at the front. It already have atomic swap, and can scale more easily as there are less people using it, so the network is not congested.

LTC is also considered as "virtual silver", whereas BTC is "virtual gold". If you study the history of currency, you will see that silver was most used for minting physical coins in the past. Silver was used in daily exchanges and the value of the coins was according to its purity. Gold was kept in reserve and was only for high values. It was more expensive to transport too, as it was prone to theft, requiring more security.

As we can see now, BTC cost much more than LTC, and is more expensive to move due to its high fees, hence it can only be used to buy expensive things.

LTC should rise amidst this dispute between BTC and BCH. BCH dont have any of the new implementations, dont have SegWit, and it have big blocks instead, which might centralize the nodes on servers, thus defeating the purpose of a P2P decentralized currency.

Why not LTC to go forward and become better than bitcoin, as a way of payment, and have its own ATMs around the world? Why not expanding its network to business and startups? Why not become like the silver in the middle ages, a currency that can be used daily, not just a store of value? Let BTC have the sole purpose of a store of value, its gold anyway, virtual gold, something you kept in a safe, something you hodl until you need it, to buy big, expensive stuff.

LTC should go to a hundred dollars so that it can do what bitcoin cannot right now. LTC should take the crown and show what virtual silver is, the currency of the streets.

Tell me what do you think.

I think there is a lot of truth in these words but the issue it is now we have bitcoin cash trying to take that place, we know most of the community does not trust in that project but if major adoption were to happen people will not care about a coin being centralized or not, they will care about the costs of sending transactions and the acceptance of that coin from business and that is something which gives bitcoin cash a chance to overtake bitcoin despite our reluctance for this particular scenario.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:05:45 PM

I completely agree with the OP. I believe the same that Litecoin should increase when people cannot decide whether to buy BCH or BTC. I have been buying more LTC too.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:32:49 PM

litecoin is like a sleeping beast. in sleep for a long time and will wake up to rise then proceed to sleep again. just like a heartbeat once a year.
SerenW

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:33:43 PM

Obviously, litecoin is so undervalued. I think people will jump into it after the BCH drama gets over.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:45:02 PM

I think it is a very good post. LTC is one of the longest sustaining coins and has such a nice and big community. I am excited for 2018!
triska23

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:58:15 PM

In year 2018 my forecast for litecoin is that it will raise to 200$, it's a really good coin with a low marketing just need a good ppl that renew it's face and it will happend for sure Cheesy
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:50:28 PM

Litecoin is the most biggest altcoin that is on the market right now, maybe not the best one, but it is much more better than a lot of altcoins that are still on the market.
I dont know why it is not on the top 5, because it really diserves to be in there because it is a coin that has a lot of features to offer to the whole community.
Maybe it is not in there, but it will be there soon as there are some other altcoins that will probably fall from there in a few months from now, i can really predict that.
VuValley

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:00:28 AM

I think we are going to see more market manipulation with  BTC and BCH where  big guys who initiate the moves are the only ones who really profit from it.
If BTG every comes about Im sure we are going to see whales playing the triangle.

LTC and ETH would both be good positions to insulate yourself from the turbulence. If you want to play the market then the pairs are there to do so. If you want to protect your investment then you can count on better price stability regardless of what happens in the arena.
bitmagic1984

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:51:00 AM

Definitely LTC will gain from here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: