Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with kids.  (Read 441 times)
NattyTallBoy (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:18:50 PM

I've been dealing with crypto currency for about 6 months now an am fascinated with it.  I explain to my kids but they can not make sense of what I tell them on how it works and why it is so gnarly.   I was thinking about putting a miner rig here for them.  With a budget of 500$ and profit is split between two children where do I start?  I was told to just buy the crypto and let it accumulate.  That might work but its not so much the money, I want them to see the action done and then keep up with it seeing the coins put into there personal wallets every time it's payday.  Can anyone suggest or point me in a good direction.  I started here because bitcointalk seems highly recommended.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:34:31 PM

I've been dealing with crypto currency for about 6 months now an am fascinated with it.  I explain to my kids but they can not make sense of what I tell them on how it works and why it is so gnarly.   I was thinking about putting a miner rig here for them.  With a budget of 500$ and profit is split between two children where do I start?  I was told to just buy the crypto and let it accumulate.  That might work but its not so much the money, I want them to see the action done and then keep up with it seeing the coins put into there personal wallets every time it's payday.  Can anyone suggest or point me in a good direction.  I started here because bitcointalk seems highly recommended.

That is actually good for the future of your kids because in future the crypto will replace the most of the fiat currency soon.So it is good to teach them about bitcoin and mining and it also give earnings for you but the investment you told is not enough for mining maybe you have to invest more to make your investment useful.Set up a miner rig which can make you steady income i think $4000 is enough to setup basic miner.Best of luck buddy.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:44:41 PM

Well for your budget i think if you really wanted to mine you can only buy GPU mining rig.. and you can only mine with altcoin .
I suggest to look for GTX 1050ti and mother board Asrock h110 pro btc+ with 13 PCI gPU slot , PSU 1200w, ddr4 ram memory and ssd/hdd.. you can increase gpu in the future if ever you wanted to invest more.
I think you can give them with this build but only 1 gpu each build to your 2 kids..
But if you wanted to build a good performanced and profitable miner you need to invest a good amount of money in mining..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:46:12 PM

$500 is not enough to have a good profit, invest at least $1500 in GPU rig and start to mine altcoins, and you will have a nice profit for your kids.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:21:16 PM

It is really awesome to get your children involved in the cryptocurrency or rather the bitcoin world. However, you should go easy on them. You should not be only putting information onto their heads, you should also practice what is theoretical in order to make them grasp the content.

For example, sit with your kids and let them observe you. Believe me, they will learn quickly. Added to that, you can encourage them by giving them small gifts, not necessary though.
JohnB31

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:30:17 PM

Interesting as educational project. And different from growing plants or food.
And interesting to see if this is a better way than growing tomatoes and other ingredients to get a pizza.
Do not forget to include a device to measure the electric energy. I expect they can learn a lot from it!
BitWolf~

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

For the kids? .. I don't think you should build them a full rig. I suggest building them something with the Use of old smart phones or tablets. You can find a bunch of these at low cost and they take low power to run. Bitminter I think has an app for such devices. They can only mine alt coins I believe, but it's a start and understanding on how they can manage their pennies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: